S-10 Forum banner

Laying On Billet 22s

115K views 1K replies 103 participants last post by  mattadams13 
#1 ·
Hey guys ive been on here for a pretty good while. Ive built 3 trucks since 05 and been a member since 03 or 04 with a different name(99lilredsdime). Here are my previous trucks ive built before i start this project. Every s10 ive built has been from everyones help on here.
My first s10 on boyd coddington magneato 18s.

Then i bagged it on Boyd Coddington Savages 20s

I sold it in 06 like an idiot. It went through 3 people and i finally found it 2 or 3 years ago totaled. i bought it back for 2000 bucks.

and just for shits and giggles here is my silverado i drove daily after i sold the red truck in 06

See less See more
#2 ·
Last year I took all the suspension, wheels tires, hood and interior off the red truck and bought a 94 and stock floor body dropped it.

i lost interest in body dropping the truck so i sold the frame and body and kept the suspension and wheels.
In June of 2011 i bought this for 600 bucks

I put my kp 6link on the back

air ride tech arms up front

and notched it over the summer

#3 ·
relocated the wiring harness

notched for tie rods

welded trailor fenders in the front

and layed it out

I put a 2.2 in it a few weeks ago and today i noticed that it was leaking oil. I plan on pulling the motor, laying chassis saver down and putting it back in. I just switched to a tilt collumn last weekend. My future plans are to drive this some this spring summer while i continue to do work to it and lay it out on some 22s(racelines), install a hydro boost,build an AC and Heater box, shave a few things repaint and maybe a 5.3 or 6.0 next winter. Keep an eye out for updates.

#24 ·
Thanks Guys its been a while since I had it, and I've missed it ever since I sold it. The only logical thing to do was search and find it and buy it back. Unfortunately, it was totaled so I'm going to try to build it the way I had imagined it back when I had it and was broke. I'm still broke now, but I have a little bit better income than I did when I had the truck so my goals back then will be easier and more realistic to accomplish.

#26 ·
I usually go over the frame with some oven cleaner and let it set for 15-20 min rinse and repeat. That usually gets most of the crude off then wipe it down pre-clean or thinner

#28 ·

I layed down my first coat of chassis saver at 12. Im going to do the second coat at 3 and the last at 6. Looks pretty good so far. Im probably going to do my rear end tommorrow and tuesday. Next weekend im going to finish under the cab and the front end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.