Ouch dude. I would think that you should be able to constantly get at least 350 miles a tank out of the I6. Any updates on the "Work Truck"?
It was at least up around 300 on summer gas, but winter gas and remote starting it has dropped it down to that 260 mark. This truck also got affected by the 'bad BP gas' from 2 summers ago, so I'm thinking that may have done more damage than I originally thought
No updates on the Work Truck, it's still just sitting at the end of the driveway.
I replaced a bad tie rod end on the TB on Sun. I found out it needed to be replaced after having a flat last Fri on my way to work and swapping on the spare and then it going flat as well
Thankfully the spare went flat right by a local shop I've used before so they allowed me to put air in it for free and it held air all day to get me the rest of the way to work and home, etc and then the next day I took both the spare and the original tire in to get repaired (have a repair warranty on them). Levin Tire tried to screw me tho because they said they were leaking from the valve stems so they just went ahead and replaced the stems. Well since I brought them in under a repair warranty I was assuming that if anything wasn't going to be covered by warranty they would call me and let me know. Valve stems obviously aren't but did they call me? Nope. So I get there and they try charging me $50 for replacing the 2 valve stems! I gave them crap for not calling me to ask me if I was ok with that and their reply was "Well did you want your tires fixed or not?" Turns out that since the SS wheels still had tire pressure monitors in them (which were leaking) they replaced them with new tire pressure monitors, at $25ea. Well since my truck isn't an SS it doesn't even have that feature, so if they would've called me I would've instructed them to just install plain 'ol black rubber valve stems for a few dollars each. Needless to say I didn't end up having to pay anything because they wrote it off due to the hassle I was causing, but upon further inspection they dismounted the tires to install the new stems, remounted them, and then didn't rebalance them! I've never liked the service I've gotten from that place since I bought the tires from them several years back. They always seem to half-ass stuff and then try to make you pay for their shoddy work
But now that the TB is seemingly fixed and good to go for a while the plan is to get the Work Truck in the garage and get the blown brake line fixed (and probably paint a different Blazer caliper and replace the one on the truck for that, since the one on it has a groove in it from the spare tire rubbing it). While I'm in there I also plan to pull the upper control arms off since the bushings are all totally shot (part of the reason why I had a tire go flat and was forced onto the spare). I'll take the PowerPerformance joints out of them and then throw the arms in the garbage, unless anybody wants some stock arms that are pie cut but need new bushings. Then since I don't have my Wheels Centered upper arms done just yet I'll swap the arms that were stock to the truck back on after installing the PP joints in them. I'm not concerned that those arms aren't pie cut because they should still allow me to lay the 20s on the inner fenders when I switch back to the stock spindles, which I also plan to do while I've got everything apart. Then the sale of my TB winter 18s will provide the funds to buy a brand new set of tires for the 20s and also to get it properly aligned so that I can cruise it all summer long without a worry in the world lol. Although before that can happen I'll need a new battery and have to tighten up the Y-pipe to exhaust manifold connections as they vibrated loose and I'm only down to 1 bolt on one of the sides
But those few things are pretty minor so hopefully as soon as we're through the rainy season that is April & early May I'll be able to go back to dailying the Work Truck.
Then once that's my daily again I'll tear into the TB to finally get the big brakes installed, and probably also install the air tank/compressor/water trap, etc and possibly even swap the rear coils for bags and install my mechanical auto-level system. To do all that though would require me lengthening all the 4link bars (and likely making them adjustable as well), adjusting the length of the panhard bar (and making it adjustable), and then notching the truck to get it down as low as possible without having to do any body/paint work. As of right now I know from removing the springs that the rear sits 1" higher than the front. I might play around with the front tho to see if I can get it any lower with minimal cutting, and then see how low I can go in the rear without narrowing the axle or having to repaint any of the outside body. If I have to do some minor touch-up paintwork inside the door jambs I don't mind, so I may be able to get the rear down another inch or 2 past the 1" that I already know I'll need to notch for. But I plan to keep the stock spring-over-axle setup so the room for the bags may dictate how low I can go. I may also work on designing/building my 'mid-arm' setup for bagging the front while I'm in there as well... we'll see
That's all for now... sorry for the 'epic text post'