S-10 Forum banner

project what have I gotten myself into

15K views 159 replies 29 participants last post by  91s10blazer 
#1 ·
I had a project thread on here but i cannot seem to find it. anyway i have had the truck since oct of 07. its a 2001 blazer xtreme in summit white. my plans are to make this a clean and simple blazer nothing to fancy on the outside. as of right now the motor is being pulled due to either an intake gasket failure or a popped head gasket.

Plans as of right now for the motor are to do a complete built motor. i may down the road boost it but thats a big maybe right now.

Body has seen better days. I will most likely be pulling the body off the frame and cleaning up the frame and painting it black and also will be installing all my drop parts and notching my frame for the drop i will be running. Im also going to finsh up shaving my tailgate. i will also be installing ss mirriors and a 2" cowl hood along with my grille inserts,clear corners and diamond clear headlights. i will be stripping all the paint off the truck and starting from scratch.the paint will be a bright white with blue and white pearl and blue metal flake.

Interior is going to get a face lift as well. im going to redo all the seats black with white inserts and im also going to try and find a black dash and center console.

Audio is going to be simple 2 jl audio w7 12's and 1 1500 watt amp. and a 7" screen in the dash.

ill have pics up tomorrow when i head up to my buddies garage.

See less See more
#55 ·
thanks john. hopefully i have it done for carlisle next year.

#57 ·
im working on that part as well. since im going to have the motor out im tubbing the front right away and buying the parts i need to lay out in the front i need to order steel through my work for the rear

#58 ·
Picked up a 12 gallon tank 2 2600 Conti's and sd shock relocators today off someone local. All brand new. Also picking up sometime this week once I send Paypal power performance steering kit aim digit gauges valves airline water trap Avs arc 9. Ill have some pictures posted tomorrow when its daylight and im home

Sent from my YP-G70 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#60 ·
Picked up a 12 gallon tank 2 2600 Conti's and sd shock relocators today off someone local. All brand new. Also picking up sometime this week once I send Paypal power performance steering kit aim digit gauges valves airline water trap Avs arc 9. Ill have some pictures posted tomorrow when its daylight and im home

I ran 2600 conitechs in my old red truck. Man i loved those bags, If my slam re7s arent what i expect them to be, im gonna take them out and put some more conti's back in mine.

#59 ·
airline water trap and avs arc 9 are on hold till next check.but i did pick up some smc 1/2 valves and the power performance steering kit and digi gauges

#61 ·
i got the contitechs for a steal. 70 for both and they are brand new. im going to pick up 2 more for the front soon along with my ob2's so i can start laying out my setup. the plus thing about where i work is i can get dom at list prices.

#63 ·
im actually am redoing the bumper. im going to try and use the actual envoy bumper and mold the xtreme valence into it. but ill start on that once i have all the bag stuff on the front.

#64 ·
Interesting. not a fan of molded on ground effects,but I've only seen it done on Hondas and never done well either.

I'll have to check back time to time.gonna be different that's for sure.

One thing I suggest,which I suggest to everyone with a 98+ blazer....Id get a 95-97 rear bumper. They look way cleaner IMO.

#65 ·
i have been tossing the idea around about the 95-97 rear bumper. its starting to grow on me so i may swap over to it. but first i need to get this thing bagged and get the lq4 in before i start anymore body work.

#66 ·
valves arrived yesterday. ill be uploading pictures of all the stuff i have so far today. since its nice out and not freezing.

#67 ·
here are some new pics of the stuff i picked up recently and a little bit of progress.

got these for free with the tank and bags

contitech 2600

1/2" smc valves with some fittings i picked up off of kruzer
i also got the rear seats and carpet out tonight before breaking my last lightbulb in my drop light

#68 ·
man get you one of those energy saver twisty looking bulbs for your drop light, i went thru a box of 12 standard bulbs in one night wirking on a buddies truck. i been using the enerysaver bulb for like ever and they take a beating. it dont seem as bright but its tough.

#69 ·
Nice glad to see youre baggin it brother!! Def go with 1/2" lines and an AVS 9 switch controller. Youll really like how smooth the switches are and compared to the other switchboxs out there, trust me bro its worth spending the buck + on it.
Stoked to see some more progress and this thing layed out one day :tup:

#71 ·
thanks currently stuck with these ****ing seat belt bolts that are seized. ive sprayed them used a bfh and pounded them shit out of them and still nothing. ive also gone through 4 torx bits. 2 t50's and 2 t47's. tomorrow im going to try again with some heat and a vise grip. if all that fails im going to cut them out.and drill the bastards out. i dont have time to screw around with these bolts. i need to have the truck running by springtime

#73 ·
thanks john. good news finally got those stupid seat belt bolts out. now i can really get moving with this. hoping to have the motor and trans out this weekend so i can start cutting for the tubs and stripping the suspension off

#75 ·
yes this is true and start shaving everything haha. and i just ordered my power performance kit and aim digi gauges

#76 ·
Got the whole front stripped off last night in about an hour. motor and Trans come out today and ill finsh tearing down the rest of the engine bay once we get the motor out. I should have a bunch of parts for sale tonight or tomorrow

Attachments

#77 ·
engine and Trans are out going to finish stripping the rest of the bay tomorrow

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.