S-10 Forum banner

project what have I gotten myself into

15K views 159 replies 29 participants last post by  91s10blazer 
#1 ·
I had a project thread on here but i cannot seem to find it. anyway i have had the truck since oct of 07. its a 2001 blazer xtreme in summit white. my plans are to make this a clean and simple blazer nothing to fancy on the outside. as of right now the motor is being pulled due to either an intake gasket failure or a popped head gasket.

Plans as of right now for the motor are to do a complete built motor. i may down the road boost it but thats a big maybe right now.

Body has seen better days. I will most likely be pulling the body off the frame and cleaning up the frame and painting it black and also will be installing all my drop parts and notching my frame for the drop i will be running. Im also going to finsh up shaving my tailgate. i will also be installing ss mirriors and a 2" cowl hood along with my grille inserts,clear corners and diamond clear headlights. i will be stripping all the paint off the truck and starting from scratch.the paint will be a bright white with blue and white pearl and blue metal flake.

Interior is going to get a face lift as well. im going to redo all the seats black with white inserts and im also going to try and find a black dash and center console.

Audio is going to be simple 2 jl audio w7 12's and 1 1500 watt amp. and a 7" screen in the dash.

ill have pics up tomorrow when i head up to my buddies garage.

See less See more
#28 ·
its the stock xtreme valence molded and i then molded an envoy bumper on to the top. yes i know its different but i dont recall ever seeing it done. and now someone will prove me wrong.

#30 ·
yeah it has nick thanks for all your help

#31 ·
alright well after losing yesterday to a haggard truck at a local show im bagging this bitch. no more static for me.

#33 ·
thanks koe never seen it done so i said im doing it. got alot of compliments at the show i was at. but losing to that hack job really put a bad taste in my mouth and im not going to let it happen again. i may no bag it until winter and i may go lower static for now.

#34 ·

everyone likes pictures so heres a few new ones for everyone. finally got the whole front end primered

#37 ·
james- i had 2 fans set up but didnt really help much. good thing i had my resporiator from work with me.

2tone- lucky for me pa does not require a front plate. but i would have just found somewhere else to locate it to. the bumper still isnt done yet. im going to say about another 3 hours of body work and it should be to where i want it.

#38 ·
You have filters on them? If not try putting them close to where you going to be working and strapping normal house filters on the intake side of them and its SHOULD help keep the fumes and overspray down.

#40 ·
james- i just opened the garage door all the way once i was done spraying the fumes and overspray were gone in a about 2 minutes with the wind.blowing into the garage. it kicked a little dirt up but i have to wet sand anyway. and still have to do a few small area's of body work.

2.2x thanks

#41 ·
welp got my quote for painting the truck. im going with the gm white diamond effect off the escaldes since its cheaper then the stock white i might as well. ive also been researching and check out some bagged blazers to see how im going to keep my rear seats. since i do have 2 nieces and a god daughter i bring with me some times

#44 ·
thanks ty its still not done yet which sucks but oh well perfection takes time and money.

thanks johnny cant wait for june 2nd when i head up there in the truck. i might even have it painted by then

#45 ·
so ive been reading numerous member threads on here and a few other sites. trying to get idea's together for how im going to bag this thing this winter. im taking a few things from a couple threads and putting them all together for my truck. since im going to be running a 20/22 combo i wanna tub the front for 22's as well so i have more then enough turning clearance. also since im going to have the interior completely ripped out of the truck, i figure i might as well get my seats redone over the winter since i wont be driving the truck until spring time. pretty soon im going to start ordering all my bag parts slowing from thorbros so ill have everything i pretty much need come november when i pull the truck off the road for the season. barring this truck does not kill another motor. which im praying it doesnt because im really tired of putting motors in this thing lol although i can now have it done pretty damn quick.

#47 ·
some new pics from carlisle and progress in no special order

rolling shot to carlisle

#48 ·
just got a killer deal on a new avs digital gauge. saved about 225 on it

#49 ·
new front bumper in the works. changing it up slightly. pics to come soon

#51 ·
going to start working on it tomorrow if i get out at a decent time tomorrow. should definitely be different and never been done

#52 ·
ive come to the conclusion that i was drunk the first time i did my front bumper. steel bumper is getting blasted tomorrow to remove all the filler i thought was a good idea at the time. pictures tomorrow of before and after

#53 ·
almost time for the truck to get pulled off the road. Plans for this winter just got alot bigger to say the least.

Plans:
V8 swap (lq4 with l92 heads cammed and maybe the procharger lsx transplant supercharger kit) and wire tuck?
Bagged and Laying frame on a 20/22 combo
finish all body work(shave doors fix some cracks)
Shave the bay since the motor will be out.

PAINT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.