S-10 Forum banner

project what have I gotten myself into

15K views 159 replies 29 participants last post by  91s10blazer 
#1 ·
I had a project thread on here but i cannot seem to find it. anyway i have had the truck since oct of 07. its a 2001 blazer xtreme in summit white. my plans are to make this a clean and simple blazer nothing to fancy on the outside. as of right now the motor is being pulled due to either an intake gasket failure or a popped head gasket.

Plans as of right now for the motor are to do a complete built motor. i may down the road boost it but thats a big maybe right now.

Body has seen better days. I will most likely be pulling the body off the frame and cleaning up the frame and painting it black and also will be installing all my drop parts and notching my frame for the drop i will be running. Im also going to finsh up shaving my tailgate. i will also be installing ss mirriors and a 2" cowl hood along with my grille inserts,clear corners and diamond clear headlights. i will be stripping all the paint off the truck and starting from scratch.the paint will be a bright white with blue and white pearl and blue metal flake.

Interior is going to get a face lift as well. im going to redo all the seats black with white inserts and im also going to try and find a black dash and center console.

Audio is going to be simple 2 jl audio w7 12's and 1 1500 watt amp. and a 7" screen in the dash.

ill have pics up tomorrow when i head up to my buddies garage.

See less See more
#2 ·
didnt get a chance to get up there today got called into work because one guy didnt show up and now have to work tomorrow and im not sure when ill be able to get up there to start ripping it down

#3 ·
bumping this up. since the weather has turned better finally got motivated to work on this. since i posted this ive decided to change up a few things, im doing a noma front along with brazilian tails, im going to be build up the motor thats currently in it since its done im just tossing in another motor for now since my dd crapped out on me. im going to smooth out the firewall. finsh shaving my tailgate and get it painted.hopefully all by the end of april.

#5 ·
im currently in baltimore working but i will be going to the shop tomorrow to work on it.

#6 ·
#7 ·
finally going to be ordering my 5/6 drop. also thinking about molding my flares for a cleaner look. any thoughts?

#8 ·
some new pictures for some of the work ive done to the exterior.

molded fender flares have to redo the one on the passenger side of a ladder falling in my garage and hitting the flare taking a chunk out of it.

shaved tailgate is done and threw on my brazils for the picture

envoy hid's, carriage works black billet grille,and shaved and molded xtreme valence. bumper isnt totally done yet, still have to fab up an envoy/noma top peice to get rid of the gap.

#11 ·
907-thanks, i havent really seen many people do anything with the flares so i threw the idea around for awhile and started the one to see how it would look and it turned out great, so the rest were done aswell.im still throwing the idea around to mold in the skirts aswell.

blazed- look on some salvage auction sites like copart and salvage direct. i know copart lately has been seeing its fair share of 98+ blazer 2 doors and most were xtreme's

also dont mind the garage i got all kinds of stuff laying around in there until i get some better shelfs going on for all my truck parts i have/ collected

#13 ·
n8r-yes its a 262 4.3, atleast for now. looking into building a 272 stroker motor over the next year or so.

ill be posting my mod list tomorrow of everything done to the truck.

#15 ·
oh already planned on it. plus i have one of the best engine builders in my area. few years ago 9 out of the final 10 for pinks all out in nj where built by him:D.

#16 ·
Accel Cap(installed)
Accel Coil installed
Accel Plugs(installed)
Accel Rotor(installed)
Accel Wires(installed)
Brazilian tails
Carriage works black billet grille
DJM 2" Coil Springs
DJM 3" Drop Block
Ebay Intake(installed)
GMC Envoy Hid headlights with 6k bulbs
Gibson Catback Exhaust(installed)
Goodmark 2" steel Hood(installed)
JBA Headers(installed)
Jet 180 T-Stat(installed)
March Performance Pulley Kit(installed)
Magnaflow Ypipe(installed)
Pilot Xenon Fog light bulbs(installed)
Shaved and molded xtreme valance.
Shaved Rear Wiper done
Shaved Rear Lock done
Silverstar Hi-low Beams(installed)
Street Scene Cal Vu Mirrors (installed)
Summit Drilled and Slotted Front Rotors(installed)
Vette Servo (installed)
W4m tuned PCM(installed)

#18 ·
Tbss- I plan on color matching the handles since ill be daily driving the truck and don't wanna mess with poppers.

On a side note the truck runs good. But I have a p0200 code for injector circuit open . What can I do to get rid of this?

#19 ·
Did the mpfi conversion because I had a broken injector. Now the truck will not start. I replaced the starter last night with a new one and still nothing the starter won't even click as if the battery is dead. It does nothing. But I have power to everything else

#22 · (Edited)
Time for some updates

First update drove the truck for about 2 months and pulled into my garage one day and noticed the oil psi was really low. come to find out one of the oil pump gears broke. so i replaced the motor again with another motor out of a 99 blazer. with 49k got all the bugs and that worked out of this motor.

Second update. had a buddy come over with his welder and fab up some pieces for my envoy lights to get rid of the gap. loved them at first but slowly i started disliking them, so i picked up a 98-00 envoy bumper cover that was beat up pretty mad. so i got my dremel out and started cutting the bumper up(yes i cut an envoy bumper to shit but it went to a good cause you'll see in the pictures). Heres a pic of what my friend did
they were great but i just didnt care for them.
so i picked this up

as you can tell the bumper has seen better days so off to cutting i go. didnt take any pics of while i was cutting it up:)
and here is the end result. i havent seen anyone do this yet so i did it. dont like it oh well i dont care your not driving it i am.

Third update the truck finally got a little lower in the for. installed my 3 in drop springs in the front. still needs more low. im ordering my spindles drop leafs and drop shocks tomorrow once i get paid. im also still on the stock 235 tires that come on the truck. buddy of mine has a set of 1st gen zq8 wheels hes going to let me borrow for a while. anyway heres what she looks like right now lowered.

#24 ·

heres a teaser for right now

#25 ·
new pics coming soon. once it drys out here in pa. also have some different wheels on now

#26 ·
here you guys go let me know what you think of the combo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.