S-10 Forum banner

Project: Static '94

96K views 1K replies 69 participants last post by  Connor94 
#1 ·
Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Ive been a member for a while but didnt post much to do with my truck! A few months ago i bought my first truck, its a 1994 s10 extended with the 4.3 vortec! Let me say ive fallen in love with this truck. The truck is in pretty good shape considering the year, but still needs some rust work around the box. Truck came to me lowered 2/3 with blocks and spindles!

First day i brought her home! I live in Niagara Falls, and drove a few hours up to Orangeville to pick her up. Paid $1500, but sold some ghetto 18's and some spare parts from it so my grand total was $1200!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

It needed a little work to pass safety, but needed more than expected. I replaced the entire brake system aside from master cylinder, (front rotors and calipers, back drums and shoes and all the brake lines). It needed front tires, a new y-pipe, some frame repair (was rotted a bit), and a control arm. After all this i finally got to drive it for the first time and it was one of the greatest feelings ever. (sorry that sap :haha:) BUT now that its mine and no more bullcrap i was able to start personallizing it. The first thing i did to it was put a custom steering wheel that my dad had laying around, and some pedal covers. I didnt have to fumble with an airbag because my truck didnt come stock with one, BONUS. so i slapped on my Momo 2401 and was set.
[/URL][/IMG]

I then decided i wanted rally wheels, i saw a few trucks on the forum and looooooooooooooved the style. So i picked me up two 275/60r15, 15x8 covrette wheels for $200 bucks. Not too bad deal for wheels and tires. They were in rough shape, had a crappy faded yellow paint on it, so i cleaned em all up nice and primed/painted them a semi gloss black, and armour alled the tires to make them glisten.
[/URL][/IMG]
How they sit on the truck
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Next thing i did was clean up the front end. Took the trim strip off the front bumper, shot a coat of black paint on it, painted my embled the same colour as the truck, tinted my corner lights and polished the crap out of my grill.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Next I picked up some xtreme leafs and rear sway bar. They were pretty rusted. But for $60 it wasnt a bad deal. The sway bar came with the brackets and everything. I put the sway bar in, however ive since planned to drop the rear lower and wont be using those leafs! (if anyone wants em let me know!)
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
I noticed a rather significant change in the handling! More then i thought i would. I love it, need to get a fatter sway bar for the front now! But this is how she sits now. Here some whoring courtesy of my girlfriends super awesome xlr.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Reppin' mightycarmods! Love the show.
[/URL][/IMG]
aaaaaaand a crappy iphone pic
[/URL][/IMG]

Future plans include a Roll Pan (got one just put it on till after my birthday :rotf:) The pan also came with a tailgate handle relocation kit! SS Mirrors. I gotta get matching wheels for the front, 98+ front end, a 4/6 drop with major tucking in the back, gotta fix all the rust, do body and paint, then i can start getting into interior stuff, and then performace possibly. Got a magnaflow exhaust coming in the mail soon! Thats about it for me guys. Im loving the forum so far. One day ill be able to run with some of the truck i see on here.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Another noob with a '94!

Nice start! Nice 94.

And MCM FTW!
Thanks man! I've really fallen in love with it. and YES, Its funny and a little awkard with my lady sometimes. Because there is Moog from MCM, and my ladys nick name is moog haha :rotf:

#8 ·

Cool, another 94'. Are the little spring loaded doors covering the AUX power ports on either side of the cigarette lighter intact? lol If shipping didn't suck I'd take that rear bumper off your hands.
Indeed! Only one ive seen in my area so far! and Not sure what you mean exactly, but it seems i have 3 cigarette lighters haha. No plastic door to go over them though. And specially across the border. But hey if you want it and are willing to pay a small fee and shipping its yours man.

#10 ·

Nice truck, and good progress so far! You don't live far from me either. I'm in Niagara On The Lake.

#16 ·

Good looking truck. At least it's not super rusty... Paint looks great.

Oh, and you live on the good side of the falls... The NY side SUX!! It looks like a ghetto!!
Haha i hate to agree but, i go over to that side to pick up packages from my us address all the time and its bad LOL

Thanks for the paint compliment! Theres a few spots around the doors where the clear has been eaten, but its generally nice shape! but i need to get some patch panels for the box, those chrome trims are hiding the cancer

#17 ·

Find yourself 2 more rallys and you're set man!

Got any pics from the back underneath to see the width of the tires? I've been considering a set in that size for a while now for the backs, but can't picture how wide they'll look.

Hello to another Canadian as well :)
Best ive got at the moment! can take some more if you like.
[/URL][/IMG]

#21 ·

That's crazy. Does it smell like cigarettes? Someone must have been doing some serious smoking to require three cig lighters right next to each other. lol I'm in Michigan.
Not at all! The truck smelled clean as ever when i bought it. Either they didnt smoke or did a really good cleaning job when i bought it! and Hmm! If you like i can look into shipping.

#22 ·

Here a little update on what I did today!

I picked up some brand new fenders, new in the box. The guy bought them to fix up a wrecked truck and never got around to it. Paid $100 for both! Theyre brand new in the box still! Woohoo. Also picked up a 98+ grille for my conversion.

Anyone have a 98 core support laying around?? If so lets make a deal!

My project of the day was painting my dash bezel. Now i know this may seem a little "ricey" but IMO i like the look of it, if its done right. Half the time i see bezels that arent sanded smooth and painted like poop. Dont get me wrong not everyone is bad, but there are a few ive seen that are pretty bad. But less talk more pics!!

Before:
[/URL][/IMG]

Taken off and sanded/primered:
[/URL][/IMG]

Layed the paint on, just using Duplicolor Perfect Match in my exterior colour:
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally loaded up 2 nice coats of clear, really brought out the colour:
[/URL][/IMG]

Ill get a picture of it installed soon! It's been rainy and cold and my girlfriends camera isnt here!

#23 ·

Got my roll pan done last friday. I think it turned out quite nice!

Old bumper
[/URL][/IMG]

Took off the old bumper with minimal effort. Just one bolt was rusted and seized and my impact couldnt get it off. So i took a grinder and just grinded the head off :rotf:
[/URL][/IMG]

Then i decided to break for lunch. Took a trip over to timmies like this. ive seen a few trucks around like this in their "getting a roll pan" state. Other just think i was driving a hacked up "hooptie" but i thought it was kinda cool.
[/URL][/IMG]

had to take my tailgate off to bolt it on, but after winter when i do the rest of the body work im going to weld it in and mold it into the sides! I was thinking of leaving the tailgate off and no roll pan and go for the drift truck look :haha:
[/URL][/IMG]

And heres the final product via iphone! When i get my girlfriend over next ill get her to take some nice pictures with her awesome camera!
[/URL][/IMG]

Working on my exhaust next, probably tonight as i just picked up my hangers yesturday! As of now its just a muffler back, but i just need to pick up a length of straight pipe to go from the muffler to the cat! should be awesome!

#25 ·

Looks good so far...

You are lucky, down here in Louisiana, every dash I have seen in second gens is JUNK. The heat kills them. I found one that was sort of decent (at the local Upull), I went to remove it and it CRUMBLED! No joke, it literally fell apart when I touched it! :eek:

I do know that rust sux worse than a crappy interior... :rolleyes:

#27 ·

Looks good so far...

You are lucky, down here in Louisiana, every dash I have seen in second gens is JUNK. The heat kills them. I found one that was sort of decent (at the local Upull), I went to remove it and it CRUMBLED! No joke, it literally fell apart when I touched it! :eek:

I do know that rust sux worse than a crappy interior... :rolleyes:
Thanks man, but ouch that sucks big, i got lucky with this. the interior when i got is was CLEAN.

#32 ·

Me and the old man went up to Ancaster (bout a 45 minute drive from me) for a huge swap meet. My main goal was to find some rally wheels center caps for my rims, and maybe some used radial t/a's to match the rear. No luck on tires but i found an almost MINT set of police caps for $60, and a fair condition set of derby caps for $20. All GM original stuff too! no cheapie plastic here. Also picked up some moon stickers, havent decided on placement yet!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Also an update on my exhaust!! I finally got rid of everything from the cat back. Replaced with a 2.5" Straight pipe to the magnaflow muffler, into a magnaflow tailpipe and is now dumping right after the axle. I picked up my tips, and now just need some mandrel bends and i can start making a manifold to run my tips out the center of the rollpan.

Cut out the old crap right behind the cat.
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought a 5 foot length of aluminized pipe at my local mufflerman with one end expanded so it would slip over the end of the cat. Since magnaflow makes their mufflers 2.5" ID, i knew the other end of the pipe would fit into it.
[/URL][/IMG]

After hanging the muffler, i put on my magnaflow univeral tail pipe, which like any universal stuff needed modification to make it fit right. I had to cut about 4" out of the second peice so it would fit around the axel and not hit the bottom of the box. I still had to tilt it a bit to fit right.
[/URL][/IMG]

This is how it stands now, its a little on the quiet side as far as custom exhausts go. but im hoping a new high flow cat will open it up a bit!
I also purchased my tips, and they are shiny and awesome. I couldnt wait to see what they would look like so i grabbed my bucket and a piece of wood and mocked it up, not bad!!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Thats all for now, hopefully will be getting tires soon so i can put my rally wheels on the front with my new caps!

#35 ·

Ive got a rather large update with my truck. Though things have slowed down due to our infamous Canadian winter, i got a few things done before the first snowfall. I finished up my center exhaust tip, threw in my blue leds in the guage cluster, and also put on my stock rear wheels which i absolutely hate :haha:

Here are some pics of the Exhaust:
[/URL]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

I wasnt able to snap pics right after i installed it, and the weather got pretty bad. The snow came in teh day after i got this on and as you can see the Header paint i sprayed on the tip didnt last very long. Stupid road salt :rant: But its functional, sounds a bit louder, i feel like it turned out well and i cant help some feel cool with a big poof of smoke coming from the center in the cold. :haha:

Second update: Gauge LEDS! I picked up a set of 10 LEDS made by Jtec on Amazon for $13 and heres what they look like.

Before: We just made it to 255,555 Kms, so proud!
[/URL][/IMG]

After:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

I had extras so i put two in the footwells as well! I like the colour, and theyre bright! For 13 bucks i couldnt go wrong. Only problem is that the 94' clusters apperently only have 4 main bulbs, this leaves the very top of the speedometer dull. There is a bulb there, but its a smaller bulb. Im sure its a pc74 like the idiot lights and the ones from the HVAC, which is next in line for interior lights.

Heres a few fun pics ive taken lately.
[/URL][/IMG]
Dat Ass.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Theses are my dads 18s from his cavalier. I think these would be awesome but too bad theyre FWD offset, wrong bolt pattern and well... not mine:haha:

But thats all for now, unfortunately this winter wont hold much work aside from rust work. Im going to be replacing the wheel arches, shaving the tailgate, and most likely welding and molding the roll pan! So that will be fun. Hopefully by spring ill have my drop kit, and new tires for my rallys! Im going 5/6 with probably 215/65 on the front and 235/60 on the back, with Primewell Sport PS860's because i love the raised white letters on a black wheel which police caps. Its gonna be sweet!!

#39 ·
Tomorrow is an exciting day! Im selling one of my guitars, which will give me a nice chunk of cash to put into my truck. Looks like im hitting up summit for some 3" coils and 3" leafs! It looks like Summit has their brand leafs on sale ! Bonus!

Im going with a 3" DJM Coil, and Summit 3" Drop leafs. Should be great!!

[/URL][/IMG]

#42 ·
There are dead images?? I can see all of them from here. I am bothered by the part though.

[QUOTE="mostizzle, post: 10217674, member: 127032"]Glad to see you're still working on it. Looking forward to seeing it with the leafs and coils on it.[/quote]

For sure! Im in love with it. After winter is when thing get real so to speak. Just right now, slow time at work and having to balance living and insurance (first insurance policy, 20, and a dude) isnt leaving much room for truck stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.