S-10 Forum banner

project: overtime dime

16K views 126 replies 42 participants last post by  84blaze 
#1 ·
i got this truck a year ago i only get to work on it after hours at work and sundays if i have time
i'm a red seal certified fabricator and i'm paying for this with side jobs and over time only any way on to some pics

here's when i first got it

and after i dropped it 4/4.5

See less See more
#53 ·
i feel a bit better so i worked on my truck for awhile this sunday i didnt get to much done but i did get my edc mounted i had to make a bracket because the factory ac bracket had been cut off so i made a cardboard template then cut it out of 3/8 flatbar then milled part of it down to aline the pullys

i also picked up this overflow tank

i know i need to clean up under the hood its the only part of the tuck that hasnt had any work done to it yet
and i ordered my lower control arms from qar there from my wife for my bday she hates my truck its just the only thing i asked for so im hoping there here in time ricky said theres a 2-3 month wait and my bday is june 23 witch is y i ordered them now

#57 ·
i borrowed some wheels from a friend so i can decide what size to run his are 20x10 with 275/35r20

theres about 3/8'' between the tire and frame

it lays out and clears everything withe very little room to spare so im probally going to get 20x9 for the rear and im going to go in early tommorow to try the front i doubt ill clear the firewall tho so i think im going to run 18s once i figure out my wheel and tire size i should be able to order them but im still deciding between kmc novas, boss 338s and centerline smoothies i also picked up a airline to go from the commpressor to the tank

#59 ·
thanks im trying to get it on the road this summer my boss has started bitching about it being in the shop still and if i stay really late or go in when the shop is closed all i hear about is how much extra power im using he claims i doubled the hydro bill but really he forgot to pay one month then the next bill had 2 months on it
the other wheels i might look at is kmc stealths im not sure yet i just want to drive it june will be 2 years since i bought it and ive put less than 3 kilometers on and its never been insured in my name so as soon as i have some side jobs done im on this untill i run out of cash or its worth my time

#60 ·
i ordered my wheels yesterday and the rears came in today so we threw a tire on to test fit and ordered tires today i should have the rears ready to install tommorow or thursday and the fronts should be here next week sometime i got 18x8 and 20x10 boss 338s for tires im getting 235/40r18
and 285/30/20

#64 ·
i started the bed floor this week i still have some 1x1 to put in but its started atleast and my front wheels came in

bent up most of a sheet of 16ga and cut for wheel tubs ready to install

and the battery tray i built holds 2 kinetik hc600's i just have to make a hold down

hopefully ill have some time after work saterday to get some more sheetmetal cut then weld it up during the week and dont mention how my valves are right now i just hooked it up with what i had it will be done right in the next few weeks

#69 ·
thanks guys i got the frame primed and painted last week and i got everything i need to powdercoat sandblasted on saterday and dropped it all off today so by the end of the week ill have my rear link bars shackles air tank and drums back untill then im working on running my wiring and air lines i should also mount my evap canister
im going to run hydralic lines for now but i would like to run hard line for the back half at some point i might look around to see what i can find if the price is compairable ill get hardline now rather than redoing my lines in the future and i wont run ptc except for gauges since the only other option is electric atleast with hydralic line it will take a long time to wear a hole it its fine around high heat and its rated for 25 times the pressure im running the only down side to me is that its ugly and exspensive at 8.99 a fitting

i should have more updates after work

#71 ·
i got my backhalf mostly plumbed and wired tonight i still need mount the line from the compressor to the back of the cab and hook up the power from the rear batterys so i can take out the battery under the hood i alsoneed to run my taillight harness and wire the valves and pressure switch anyway onto some pics

thats it for today but im getting my powder coated parts back thursday night so friday night im probally going to work on getting it back together then the biggest part is finishing the box

#73 ·
Man this thing is a CLEAN build. I like it! I don't like steppies, but for some reason they keep growing on me! Good work man

#74 ·
i got my powder coated parts back tonight he only charged me 40$ for my links,tank,shackels and drums i didnt have time to put them on i will tommorow tho and all my parts came in from qar and custom connection i just have to find time to go across the border and pick it up from my mail box

#76 ·
thanks man not much of a update but today i pulled the truck out when i was done work for the day washed it took a few pictures and pulled it onto the hoist so i can mount air lines and power wire i might go back tonight and work on it if i get bored

the colorado in the back ground is my daily is lowered 2'' with 20''s a shaved tailgate rollpan billet grill and a indash dvd player

and back on the hoist untill i get the air line mounted and bolt my seats down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.