S-10 Forum banner

project: overtime dime

16K views 126 replies 42 participants last post by  84blaze 
#1 ·
i got this truck a year ago i only get to work on it after hours at work and sundays if i have time
i'm a red seal certified fabricator and i'm paying for this with side jobs and over time only any way on to some pics

here's when i first got it

and after i dropped it 4/4.5

See less See more
#3 ·
in the last year i have stripped the truck and i am now putting it back together the cab has been repainted i shaved the drip rails third brake light and antenna swapped to a step side made a roll pan from scratch and step shavers from what was left of the fleet side box and made a raised gas tank crossmember

#4 ·
i've also started on the interior had the headliner, a and b pillers covered in suede and some cavi seats reupolstered by Brad at INC RIDEZ new carpet billet steering wheel. when i pulled the rubber floor mat out i realized i had to patch the floors in the foot wells and i also did cab corners rockers and replaced the drivers door because the bottom edge was rusted i forgot to get any pictures of the metal work but i do have some of the interior so heres some pics

#7 ·
ok so i plan on bagging this after its ready for the road but im going to get another frame that i will bag and do a stockfloor body drop on then i will swap the body and drive train

my current mods are:
lowered 4/4.5
ebay mirrors
shaved antenna
shaved third brake light
shaved rain gutters
e fan
custom raised gastank crossmember
billet steering wheel
suede a and b pillers and headliner
new carpet
cavi seats
fatmat every where
raised footwells that i hope will clear a stock floored frame

future plans are:
full sheet metal stepside bed
stockfloor bodydrop
get dash wrapped
build a sub box
grand am console
flush mounted gas cap in bedrail
custom door panels
98+ front bumper
relocate battery billet grill
10'' screen molded in dash

thats all i can think of right now but im sure theres more but i have to be up for work in 2.5 hrs so more pics next time i work on it

#10 ·
so i got to spend some time working on my truck last weekend i went to pick a part and picked up a spare dash to take for upholstery and a console then this weekend i pulled the passanger coil and cut it down to fix the chevy lean while i had it apart i realized i didnt have the coils seated properly so i got a little lower then today i put the bumper back on and smothed out the welds on my step shavers

dash i picked up

and the console

front end all back together

drivers front step finished

all the rear welds mostly cleaned up theres still some fillers to make but its almost there

if i decide to go in to work early tommorow i might get the passanger front step started and a couple of the other fillers tacked in let me know what you guys think

#11 ·
made a little progress heres some pics of the exaught and the passanger front step

i got the back panel back from upholstery you can see i welded three studs to the cab wall to mount a sub box

so i built a sub box i'm waiting on my amp before i get it wraped in the same black leather as the seats

you can see the mounting bolt the box is a tight fit the subs have to come out to remove it along with the seats and console so hopefully insurance will agree that my stereo is secure enough that they cover my losses if my stereo is ever stolen

i fitted the front panel of the box to the pillars so it should look finished once it gets wrapped and not like i just threw a basic box in and called it good

heres a pic of the subs sitting in the box my wife got them for me for christmas so i can't mount them she was nice enough to let me take them to work to test fit them

and i was working on a smart car at work and had to remove the front clip so i had to see how it would look laidout

let me know what you think

#13 ·
i went to the upholstry shop to help them move and got to pick up my dash i still need to get the speaker grills wrapped and i have to bring a few more panels to him but i swapped the dash the next took all of 2 hours including swapping the wireing and heater ducting

i have to clean up a little glue still and i will be painting the bezels the same gray as the seat inserts

i bent up a plate box its trimmed to fit and fully welded in now my camara just wont let the last few pics load so ill have to retake them while im at work tomorrow if i have time let me know what you think guys

#14 ·
ive had a couple slow days at work so i killed some of it working on the truck got the plate box done and finished the sub box i just have a little filler work then once i get my subs on christmas i can take to my interior guy to get wrapped my family did our christmas dinner today so i got my amp from my parents its a mtx rfl 1200 on to the pics

i picked up a billet specialtys licence plate frame with light

i threw a led strip i had laying around in to see if i like it but i think i might get white ones unless any one has a better sugestion

i made channel behind the front panel for the wiring it will come out in the center at the bottom then run under the console when its done you should only see a inch or two of wire coming from the amp
i also picked up a billet rearview mirror and i got in on the 99.99$ upper control arms last month i'll post more pics when i get a chance

#16 ·
Looks good man. I think white LEDs would look better.

#17 ·
Awsome project! Looks great! I really like the wrapped dash, u know what material they used?

Btw a laid out smart car would be sick!

A laid out smart with a hyabusa turbo motor would be ****in nuts

#18 ·
Good lookin truck! Don't happen to still have the wheel arches off Ur old bed? I would be willing to through you a lil $ the next time I'm in Surrey.

The black and grey will look good!

#21 ·
so i picked up some stuff for the truck and my interior guy was taking forever to wrap my parts so i went over to his shop and started wrapping it myself luckely his shop is close to my work so i went over while we were slow i only had time to do the sub box between my appointments yesterday hopefully i can go back next week i still need to get door panels and build a console

speakers i got for christmas from my inlaws alpine type s for the dash and polk audio for the doors

billet mirror i ordered cause i broke the factory one and the speaker grills on the dash will be wrapped when i get a chance

air pressure gauges i ordered witch means i have decided to ditch the idea of buying another frame and doing a stock floor bodydrop and bagging it then doing a body swap it will be bagged right away instead i bought a sd three link and a avs switch box but i dont have pics right now the three link is being dropped off by the powder coater tomorrow

sub box installed just needs to install the amp

and the nice tight fitment to the b pillers

this is the bottom driverside edge of the box it shows the material really well its bonded leather its just as soft as highend leather but way cheaper and doesn't get hot or cold to the touch like leather

let me know what you think ill get more pictures once i get my powdercoat back

#23 ·
got my three link and control arms back from the powder coater today there gunmetal gray

i finished sand blasting the gas tank cross member and axle brackets today so i might just paint them or more than likely get them powder coated since everything so far was only 40$ so i think i only need a compressor,water traps,check valves and to decide weather to dehump my lowers or buy some sd lowers to match the uppers and buy bag cups

parts i have so far for the air ride
upper control arms
3 link
4 slam re6 from a past project im not buying bigger ones yet since i never used them
8 gc 250 1/2'' valves
gauges
avs 7 switch box

parts i still need at this point
bar ends to make my 3 link into a 5 link
bag cups
i might get sd lowers
water trap
check valves
i think im going with a sanden edc
and air line ill be using 1/2'' hydralic line

let me know if you think im missing anything

i will be bulding a notch and might just finish from the notch back with 2x3 tubing
and the bed will be coming off for a raised sheet metal floor

#24 ·
i stayed late today and stripped the back half down to the frame rails so hopefully tommorow night if my powder coater gets the gastank crossmember and axle brackets done ill start putting the 3 link in only if i get the axle painted tho
well any way heres where i finished for today

my boss will be back to work on the 27th after vacation so im trying to get it rolling and movable before he's back that way i don't have to here him complain about the mess

#26 ·
i've been working on the truck for about a hour every night
mostly because i was waiting on the last few parts from powdercoat luckly he is giving me a sweet deal i got my 3 link with diff cover and u bolts plus my upper a arms for 60$ anyway i know you everyone likes pics so here you go

sanden 508 i got off a jeep for 40$

so it's about 3.5'' from being able to lay so i'm probally going to order some 2x4 tubing later today and build the frame from the notch back

ill probally finish up the 3 link tommorow i also have to get my driveshaft shortened so hopefully i can get that dropped off before work then all i have to do is pick up so brake line, air line and fittings then im going to order some brackets from QAR to make a 5 link then maybe ill finish the box im also going to repaint the gas tank and the back half

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.