S-10 Forum banner

Project: Minty Fresh

72K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  Back_N_Black 
#1 ·
01 Jimmy 2 door 2wd. Plans are to just keep it simple, and keep it clean.

Plans include a drop, i want to go as low as i can and keep the back seat functional, ss mirrors, tint the windows, a system, and eventually some grey c5s. Nothing too crazy.

Here you are.

See less See more
#94 ·
I've been dicking with this to get it mechanically sound. I've put a decent amount of time and money into it.

Put 200 miles on it today, i think its okay. I could't tell if it had a couple hiccups or if it was just the kansas wind. I guess time will tell.

#97 ·
Cleaned this thing up today. First time i've gone through the whole interior. I used turtle wax ice gel, love this stuff. It gives it a small amount of sheen, but doesn't leave it greasy.

I just realized i didn't get any pictures of the interior though.

#107 ·
A 245/50 is almost identical to a 235/55 which is what the ZQ8's had on them from the factory.

#110 ·
Are you sure about that, cause 245 mm is only 8".

#111 ·
Probably 235/70/R15's, unless they didn't put stock size tires on it.

#116 ·
Did a little something that's been bugging me since i bought this.

Here they are, the right one is a little clearer than the left from when i messed with it for about 5 minutes a couple months back, but not by much.

Then i got a bucket of soapy water and some 800/1500/2000 grit sandpaper and wet sanded them in stages, taking off all of the oxidation and junk plastic.

heres one after wetsanding and one thats finished.

next what i did is take turtle wax polishing compound, and rubbed that in really good for about 10 mins each light, then took a dry rag and buffed it out.

the last thing i did was use some wax on it.

installed.

Much better looking IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.