S-10 Forum banner

Project: Minty Fresh

72K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  Back_N_Black 
#1 ·
01 Jimmy 2 door 2wd. Plans are to just keep it simple, and keep it clean.

Plans include a drop, i want to go as low as i can and keep the back seat functional, ss mirrors, tint the windows, a system, and eventually some grey c5s. Nothing too crazy.

Here you are.

See less See more
#517 ·
A wiring harness from jared costs 1/2 as much as i paid for the jimmy.

Unless i fall into money that's out of the question.

I have 3 goals for this v8 swap.

1. A/C is a must.
2. FI/Milage is a must.
3. Best bang for the buck swap.

J_SIN, dad said i can't start the v8 swap until the s10 is "done" so you don't have to worry about it.

I forgot theres a couple little things i still want to do to this.

new rear sway bar end links, and de-badge.

speaking of those new rear sway bar end links, does anybody know where i can get them? Energy suspension doesn't have them, nor summit.

#518 ·
whats the deal with your brake lines?

They getting epic tight when turning full lock?

Both my blazer and jimmy were dropped real low in the front and had dehumped arms with removed steering stops, so it could actually turn a bit more than "stock"

All i did was take the brake line bracket, and bent it outwards some. Gave it a good extra 1" or so of lenth without looking like they were going to rip off the truck. LOL

#522 ·
Dont hold your breath, he has to get the S-10 done first. So check this thread again in about 5 years.

#536 ·
So back to the S10?

#538 ·
Ryan read Jordan's 5.3 x thread it will tell how you do your own harness its rather easy. And as far as gas mileage goes it will def be better than your 4.3 without a doubt, your moving alot less weight than that engine is use to. Plus if you really look hard through junkyards you could swap for 1500 or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.