S-10 Forum banner

Project: Minty Fresh

72K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  Back_N_Black 
#1 ·
01 Jimmy 2 door 2wd. Plans are to just keep it simple, and keep it clean.

Plans include a drop, i want to go as low as i can and keep the back seat functional, ss mirrors, tint the windows, a system, and eventually some grey c5s. Nothing too crazy.

Here you are.

See less See more
#337 ·
Thanks Jake.

So i started early on this POS, went to the parts store at 8:30 and got the copper gaskets that go on the caliper. Well i got those put in and i can't get the passenger side to seal at all. I took it apart and used 1/2 a can of brake cleaner on everything, scraped the surface clean. This thing is really starting to piss me off, and i have the DS tie rod on, just need to tighten the sleeve.

#338 ·
I've personally struggled with all the same things with the blazer rear calipers as you are, and I've heard many others say the same. It just seems like they are an overall poor design that tends to fail in several ways for most everybody.

Both me and Jordan (GET_LOW) had sticking calipers that made the brakes drag. I had my caliper slides seize up after only several thousand miles on a rebuild, and I've had the same sealing issues as you this last time I had mine apart.

I would suggest just trying to tighten the bolt more. Not so much that you're going to strip out the threads, but that was how I finally got mine to seal (with new crush washers also)

#339 ·
That's the thing though, its already tight as balls. Im pretty sure if i gave it any more umph it would strip.

Do you think its because i'm running them the flange from the bottom side instead of the top like factory?

Im halfway tempted to swap it to drums. lol

#346 ·
stop being a pansy, pulling the axles is simple, take the cover off the diff, pull the c-clips out, and the axle shafts slide right out, you aren't messing with any of the rearend 'settings' then just take your brakes off, swap the caliper brackets around to either side, and put back together with new axle seals, its a day project. Or pick up some longer Stainless Braided line for more slack

#357 ·
Don't swap the calipers over. You'll lose the ebrake too.

Not sure why it would keep leaking. are you sure its seated down 100% like it needs to be before you start tightening it? im pretty sure there's a little grove that the end of the brake line has to sit in, then you tighten it down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.