S-10 Forum banner

Project: Minty Fresh

72K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  Back_N_Black 
#1 ·
01 Jimmy 2 door 2wd. Plans are to just keep it simple, and keep it clean.

Plans include a drop, i want to go as low as i can and keep the back seat functional, ss mirrors, tint the windows, a system, and eventually some grey c5s. Nothing too crazy.

Here you are.

See less See more
#308 ·
Those tires look like the ones on my truck.

#315 ·
thanks blake, im half way through the block install, which was pretty easy and enjoyable until i went to put the new blocks in, the stupid sway bar wont let me push the rear end forward to line the pins up and i can't find any ratchet straps to pull it with. I guess i could remove the end links but ill just wait until tomorrow and ask my dad where the ratchet straps are.

The rubber flex hose on the rear calipers sits up pretty high, does anyone know if its possible to flip it down? Or do the fittings only fit one way into the caliper?

#319 ·
The rubber flex hose on the rear calipers sits up pretty high, does anyone know if its possible to flip it down? Or do the fittings only fit one way into the caliper?
I had that issue with mine... I was able to make a loop out of them that kept the hose/loop down instead of sticking up. I'll look to see if I have any pics

#318 ·
that last pic has the bed off the blue truck, the hood off the 72 and your truck half lowered, go finish something that you started dammit!!!! lookin good so far tho..
I hope you have done your doomsday preparations, cause when that happens, it will be the end of the world.

J/k

#321 ·
I looked but unfortunately I don't have any pics of it.

If I remember correctly though you just undo the brake line from the caliper, make it do one full loop and install it exactly how you took it off, just looped

If you need a better explanation just let me know

#327 ·

So i tried to loop the rear lines like you said brent, and it didn't even seem feasable. It would have been so tight i would be afraid it would crack out. So i tried running them from the bottom. Well i pulled it out and didn't have any pressure. Dunno if they can't be mounted that way, or if my little crush gaskets are bad or what.

#328 ·
Now I'll quit giving you shit because its dropped, as far as those gaskets go, replace those every time you take a caliper off, they're only like $1.00 new at the parts stores. As far as the lines go, I thought people like flip flop the calipers from passenger to driver and vice versa? I don't have any first hand experience or anything but worth looking into. Check out the worktruck thread, I think he has a similar setup that he had to mod something, or even wicked mayhems old truck upppp or dowwwnnnn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.