S-10 Forum banner

(Project) "Finders Keepers" 6.2L LS3/L99 w/6L80, SFBD

42K views 431 replies 73 participants last post by  Mostizzle 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I found the truck I have been looking for after waiting for a good deal, and I think I got a good buy on this one! 1995 Std. cab short bed with 111k miles on a 2.2. I got a good base to make this truck, "the truck", I have had in my head, and had dreams of driving.

Theres ALOT of stuff thats gonna be going on. You wont find out the next step till I post pictures. I can say this wont look anything like it does now. I can give a hint on one thing! 5.7.

Pics do the talkin. Im not posting them all. For all the pics theres a Photobucket link!

*Gos to photobucket to upload pictures*

Edit: PhotoBucket link! http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/Tuckarson/

#3 · (Edited)
Re: (Project) "Finders keepers"

And last pics im posting for now... "The Powerhouse Donor" (5.7 Smokes both tires on that big b*tch)

Ill also add that the trans. has been rebuilt 25k miles ago with a shift kit, and the motor has 93k miles on it.

#6 ·

hmmm if ur doing what i think ur doing and i think i know what ur doing i think this truck is gonna be insane

ahhh shhhhh!!!!

Yeah it is i hope. :p If everthing goes smoothly.

#9 ·

If anyone wants to be "Pimp" :rotf: and slam that van. ill be selling it after i take out the engine.

#11 · (Edited)

would you prefer i say "it would be swell"? pimp sounds so much better. plus i live in jersey and thats how we talk. *******.
Um, name one ******* that came out of north baton rouge parish... yankee.

I agree pimp is better then swell.

Edit: I take that back... on the funny side, swells better.

#12 · (Edited)

This is just for now... It will not stay this way, but i just wanna prove that i dont like siting around and not doing anything! I think i wanna do the door handle bezel trim rings next...

Notice the tweet on the driver door. theres another on the passenger door to match!

slick as owl shit.

Edit: Also to add! there is 2 way pioneer 4x6s dash and 3ways pioneer in the doors!

#17 ·

This is just for now... It will not stay this way, but i just wanna prove that i dont like siting around and not doing anything! I think i wanna do the door handle bezel trim rings next...

Notice the tweet on the driver door. theres another on the passenger door to match!

slick as owl shit.

Edit: Also to add! there is 2 way pioneer 4x6s dash and 3ways pioneer in the doors!
Mirror belongs on the windshield, not the floor! :rotf:

Looking good though, I can't wait to see you tear into this thing.

#13 ·

dangit now u are getting me back in the mood to spend countless hours again in the garage. well looks like i'll be starting on mine again monday night. i wish mine were to come out as shiny as ur parts daniel. thats what i get for single stage with no clear huh lol. looks awesome can't wait to see it in person

#18 ·

subscribed, this is going to be bad ass
I know im so excited!

As my friend 2dxtreme said, this truck is a VIRGIN! The dash looks like and the bolts look like no one has ever took this thing apart! No scraches on the screws.

Stock speakers and all!

#19 · (Edited)

Isnt that sexy?

Got it all done cept for the bad gas and the timing! Gonna make sure she runs good before i put her in the s10 so i can fix whatever while its out of the van.

#20 ·

Isnt that sexy?

Got it all done cept for the bad gas and the timing! Gonna make sure she runs good before i put her in the s10 so i can fix whatever while its out of the van.
i was going to tell u to do that but u beat me to it. Thank God u did

#21 ·

hahaha looks like mine. but i have a 4.3 and a 5 speed and its extended cab lol. but i have 20's. and thanks for letting me know what color to not paint the interior. lol mines blue too but i have buckets and a center console. check this link for pictures.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f3/new-dime-of-mine-315774/

#22 · (Edited)

Well I got it started... and you know what this means!

Rebuild! Yup new everything. i think the rings set up and they busted.

But boi she sounds good! im thinkin about maybe puting some watter in it and letting it run to see if it stops, but i know it prob wont.

Edit: I get prices on a whole rebuild kit tomorrow! Peice by peice its 225$

#25 ·

yea me and daniel are actually painting the same parts on the same year truck and when he says sanding he means alot of sanding. just in my dash bezel alone i can gurantee i have about 20hrs of sanding thats including any wet sanding as well. but man it looks tits when its all sanded

#28 ·

i gotta find a color to paint my interior i dont want all blue i was thinking black or a dark blue

Two tone it FTW.

#27 ·

WELL! i ran watter thru it, the rear heater core for the rear heat was leaking like a sob, but i kept watter in it and its not smoking now! (Well VERRY little)

She Sounds so sweet! It made me tingle thinking about it as i reved it up to redline!

I still think ima rebuild it before it goes in the s10. just cuz i have my friend casey and its cheap. And the simple fact i may run low boost... (Shhhh)

Ima paint his dash peices, and he helps me rebuild my engine! :)

:woot: For paint Trade!

#29 · (Edited)

Sorry guys ive been busy working on another truck (Not My Project). Ill post pics for a snack.

Shity pics cuz its Phone pics!

Edit: (Again, Not My project)

Edit2: O thats going green UK HOK green candy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.