S-10 Forum banner

Project Dymbagd

19K views 180 replies 38 participants last post by  Forklift 
#1 ·
Im calling it that as that is the L plate Im putting on it, maybe this week. I need a raised crossmember for the tank/airbags if anybody has one for sale

Got a new (to me) truck to toy with and modify. Shes got the 2.5 Iron Duke and a 4-speed, which is surprisingly ok on the highway! The engine and trans feel great and the front end is tight! Drove her home from about 1 1/2 away, and 2 hours later, you know where I was found! She came with a camper top, its gone and for sale. A 2-shaft radio, its got a JVC in it now with an Orion GT220 running that 8" PG sub I got for sale and whatever shiny new 4x6s were in there already. That 3-piece grill had to go as well as the old ass lights. The interior had mold in it, so it had to go as well and it got the black carpet and seats from the blazer as well as the center console. Plans are a new fender and bedside, Colorado tails, the airbag stuff from the blazer, as well as the 17s and actually drive and enjoy this one!

power windows on order, taking the regulators from the Blazer this week and it will have the door panels and some new speakers

See less See more
#2 ·
So Project Dymbagd is now rolling 4" deeper in the back, has power windows, black carpeted door panels w/speakers, has new plugs and wires, some Seafoam in the engine, a new air filter and an oil change is in progress (waiting on the Seafoam to work). It was a long day! Even had to sawzall the bolts off the truck!

#4 ·
I need to do something about the dash now! lol

#6 ·
no it was the ones off the blazer that I sanded, painted, made and carpeted a lower panel and upper one, shaved the lock and power window holes ,etc

#8 ·
I was like "wtf is he talking about" and remembered my avatar.

My favs in that are the "we've lost the beeps, the sweeps and the creeps" part
and "I knew it, Im surrounded by assholes" part

#11 ·
We aint found sh!t!

#13 ·
power locks wired and done, power windows wired up (just gotta finish the switches), 4-ch amp wired up to the radio running the door speakers and the 8" sub I got, oil change done, and finishing the wiring tomorrow and the alarm then getting the plate and registration so i can drive it.

#14 ·
so I snagged a headliner and a lit rearview mirror from the pick and pull and got them in, still gotta recover the headliner. I got the power windows wired up and holes cut for the switches. Alarm is done with a bright green led. Cap and plug wires finished up. Holes cut for the air gauges, but they hit the back of the dash so I need to clearance them at work. Bought some white faced gauges to replace the idiot lights and to match the other gauges, just gotta put them in now. Got it registered, the plates and insurance, etc.
Pics to some as soon as something worth it is done

#15 ·
So this is the type of stuff I keep dealing with.
I pulled about 2 cu. ft. of this kind of material out the drivers door and there was more in the cowl and down into the left fender

then I washed out what I could with a garden hose, I think I got most of it

#16 ·
Your truck reminds me a lot of my 85 S10 I had in high school. Picture your truck painted dark brown and that was my truck. Mine had the weaksauce 65hp 1.9L Isuzu motor though...damn thing ate head gaskets. If it would have had the iron duke, I'd probably still be driving it today. It's still sitting at my dad's place back in NC, one of these days I'll tow it out here and hopefully be able to resurrect it...

#18 ·
#19 ·
2" front drop on order for today

#21 ·

#23 ·
Im going to and I got a new fender to replace the dented to hell one

#24 ·
got a new brake switch installed, the front brakes bled out, the 2" spindles installed, found my alt. problem, wired in my power seat, finally cleaned the back window, installed my first sticker (SIC), snagged a fender and battery tray for it, the rims are on, I striped out the crappy sounding 4x6s and replaced them with my RF tweeters and Ive decided that the airbags need to go on and then align it before I drive it again as the toe out seems bad after the spindles.
Found out that my brake pads were cracked! Lucky me I had the ones from the blazer still.

#25 ·
and I forgot to mention the gauges Ive been working on. Im hating the speedo issues, but as soon as I get them figured out I will rebuild the whole thing or just replace the dash
I also replaced the usual 194 bulb turn signals and such with some LEDs

#38 ·
Reminds me of my old truck I had those same gauges.

#26 ·
I need a raised gas tank crossmember, know of anybody selling one?

#27 ·
valance bolted to the fender, water temp hooked up, finally got some inner bolts bolted in for the seats, got my 10 yr old Pioneer wired back in, but with HD this time and it works better than my D3 double din touch screen thats 5 yrs old! Also wired in an AUX as my Droid seemed to have solved the lag problem with Pandora. I got my sway bar hooked up after some fun at the local O'Reilly/Scmucks, pulled in the the tie rod some, so now its a lot more fun to drive! Im really digging that. Cut a board for the back wall so I can mount my amps and build a box for the old RF sub I think Im going to use. Also took a rubber eraser wheel to the pinstripes on the new fender, I guess they didnt paint to well as I burnt through, oh well it needs to get painted anyway.

#28 ·
here was the fun at the parts store, copied from my facebook cuz I was typing as I sat there:

I really hate going to parts stores where the guys argue with me and Im right. Had a manager tell me GM didn't make a 4.3L V8 and this guy is like "really? They made a S-10 Blazer? Like a little one?" Why are you working at a F-ing parts store moron? Then he has no clue what a sway bar is!

This is hilarious listening to the parts lady and customer both trying to describe a third brake light. Its all hand signals and word games at this point. Im guessing my parts are in Mexico cuz the manager has been gone forever. At least I have entertainment

Ten F-ing minutes later the manager comes back without parts and says "I thought somebody would have helped you by now", you said you were going to be right back, most people understand this to be that you are actually helping, not running away! Fu

#29 ·
I hate dealing with people at the parts store. I got a junked silverado an rebuilt it. Every part i needed they would argue with me an tell me they didnt make/sell it. I'd have to look the part up myself in there computer, or go back in the back an get it myself. I got a few parts free after they would argue 5 min an I'd prove them wrong.

btw the trucks coming along good man. I've got one just like it as a daily 86 2.5 4spd man. I love it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.