I decided to bring this back from the dead since I wan't one thread that I can go back to with all my progress in it, so here we go again...
Fixed my throttle body PCV tube issue, this is what I ended up doing, drilling, tapping it, and then plugging it.
Then I ordered my wiring harness and ECM from CPW!
Cleaned the valve covers and pulled the intake off to clean the valley tray and intake manifold. Looks clean on the inside!
Pulled the accessories off to clean them, then pulled the power steering pulley off and went to put the new Dorman pulley on, made my first mistake and chattered the pulley
Was using a bolt and a socket to pull the pulley onto the pump, had the socket resting on the plastic part of the pulley instead of the metal part and shattered it, oh well. Live and learn, new one already on the way.
Picked up some small stuff from the junk yard including a throttle cable bracket, since my old intake was DBW it didnt have all the threaded inserts for the bracket.
Went back to the junkyard, nothing huge. Snagged a radiator cap for my radiator, upper radiator hose off a 5.3 silverado, the brake booster vacuum nipple that was broken on my intake, and some miscellaneous bolts. Also was able to get some of those threaded inserts out of an intake...
And punched them in...
Bought a set of 98-99 f-body manifolds on LS1Tech.
Pulled the intake back off to seal up the knock sensors with silicone.
And my CPW motor mounts came in, these things are massive compared to what the pictures depict haha. They look teeny weeny in the pictures, but these things are beefy!
And that's where I'm at as of today. My wiring harness and ECM is 7 weeks out. I did clean up my center console and will post pics of that later, some of the plastic is sun faded and will probably try and track down some other pieces in better shape from the junkyard.
Thing's left to order
- Magnaflow Muffler PN: 12388 stainless dual 2.5" inlet single 3" outlet 24x5x8 (should keep it nice and quiet!)
- 2x Magnaflow stainless catalytic converters PN: 94106 2.5" inlet/outlet
- Russel 644113 EFI fitting for the fuel rail
- Russel 644123 EFI fitting for the fuel filter
- 2x Russel 610023 -6AN hose fittings
- 6ft or 10ft (don't know how much I need yet) Russel 632063 Pro-Classic -6AN fuel line
- Holley 302-1 oil pan
- GM LS3 Dipstick and Dipstick Tube for the pan (12634547 and 12625031)
- Couple v-flanges for my exhaust
- Air Intake
- Another O2 sensor
and some other small tidbits, but that's the big stuff that's left!