Project Daily Driven Xtreme - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Project Daily Driven Xtreme

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #51

User is: OffLine
Re: Project Daily Driven Xtreme

00BLKX has already expressed interest in them, I had posted them on craigslist and he replied to my add. Kinda funny, lol.

But I'm located in Falmouth right below Portland, link to my add below...

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1920592245.html
Old 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #52

Wired up my e-fan and installed today. Fan was pulled out of a Ford Taurus...wiring harnes for the fan I purchased off of summit racing for $46 and got the in-line temp sensor adapter for $20...Install pics...

First of all off with the old clutch fan...

Snazzy inline temp sensor adapter...

Fan mocked up...

Temp sensor adapter installed...

Here's pics of it all back together, need to get some more wire loom for some of the wires...

Engine bay...

Pic of relay, installed it on my heat shield for my intake.

And Pic of the e-fan in the shroud...yeah I know its dirty.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #53

On muh way home from school for the weekend I picked up some cavi seats! I cleaned them up before I left for school and there drying at my house right now, going to install them this weekend...need to figure out something for a center console now...my sub location interferes with a regular console fitting so I'm working on modifying a console out of an auto S10 to work...

But pics of the seats! (before I cleaned them)

Old 09-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #54

Seats are in! Man those seat track bolts are a pain to get too...

I love unions! Since I'm away at college now, I'm no longer permament part time, and they switched me to on call, so they cashed out all my vacation hours and sick time, so I just got this big deposit into my bank account the other night and was like sweet! So I'm gonna order some other things for the truck...items I'm debating are LED tail lights, clear head lights, underdrive pullies, or a bigger throttle body. I'm thinking about underdrive pullies and led tail lights for right now...Although throwing it in the bank for a set of chrome 18" iroc's is big on the list too...
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #55

yeah those bolts sucked to get out on mine cut the knuckles up a few times
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #56

Yeah, I busted up a few knuckles getting them off.

So the new debate...wheels!

Right now I'm looking at either 18" chrome irocs, or 18" Boss 338's in gray

Opinions? Or other suggestions?

Picture for you guys, so you can imagine!

Last edited by ZDiesel; 09-20-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #57

dope truck!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #58

Opinions?!?!

18" Boss 338's or 18" Chrome Iroc's!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 AM   #59

^ irocs
Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #60
C-130 Crew Dog

boss 338's in the grey. there's no other chrome on the truck, so the irocs would be kinda out of place.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #61

The main thing I don't like about the 338's right now is I have to buy 1/4 spacers, then pull my rotor off and punch the old studs out and press new longer studs in. Then I don't want to run 9.5's out back so I would need to space the rear out a 1/4 inch to make it even which means I would probably have to replace those studs too...

Where the iroc's...I buy them and bolt them on and I'm good. lol Not to mention the whole issue with the dust cap on the 338's.

I don't think the iroc's would look out of place either
Old 09-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #62

What do people think about the Gray MB Old School wheels?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #63

Don't all jump to speak at once guys. One at a time now.

:-P
Old 09-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #64

i used to run the 16" irocs they are not bad but i went with the 20" boss 304's i like those alot of guy's on here use or have used them. I also like the look of the Eagle Alloy 322's right now, some members on here are useing them there is a thread on here in the wheels section.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #65

Little update, got a 5 speed center console, things mint!

and installed...

Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #66

Truck looks real good!.. Man where do you guys find all these nice cav seats, I cant find them anywhere around here lol.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #67

Junkyard! Look for them on car-part.com thats where I found them. I'm going to swap them out for something different though. Looking for either some Leather camaro buckets or C5 or C6 seats.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #68

great build looking forward to seeing the final product
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #69

Man this is one hell of a clean truck. Love your attention to detail!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #70

having the center console is so much better. I cant imagine not having one now....
Old 10-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #71

Thanks guys

Final product? Never done. haha
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #72

Digging my thread out here, been a while since I posted. Its once again winter up here so the truck is in snow mode again...

And some new parts that came in. 3" DJM drop coils (Thanks to NorcalSS) and some 3" drop blocks I picked up off gaybay which will bring me to a 5" front drop and a 4.5" rear drop

Parts will be installed during my spring recess that starts Feb 25, so stay tuned for that.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #73

Hey how is this going on the truck i picked up a 2002 xtreme 4.3 5 speed about a year ago and driving it daily in northren iowa and i am a sophmore in high school with only a few mods so far but more already bought and ready to go on
Old 03-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #74

Picked up some Dual Piston brakes off a 2wd blazer to replace the single piston ones in the front. Should be going on next week as well as the 3" drop springs. Eventually they will switched out for some Z06 calipers and rotors, but thats further down the road. Next upgrade should be an 8.5" rear end out of a 2WD blazer if I can find one, they didn't make many of them. All this is in preperation for the LSx swap which if all goes as planned will be this summer.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #75

So did some work on the truck yesterday, ran into a few snags, but got through most of em.

First we removed the poopy stock brakes...

And replaced them with the blazer spindle and blazer brakes!

And then we ran into are first issue, the top bolt on the shocks were rusted right on so we had to cut the stud, and they looked pretty trashed anyways so off with the stock bilsteins...

And these are going on for now, some cheapy napa shocks which will be replaced with either a QA1 setup this summer or some belltech street performance shocks.

Also installed my 3" DJM drop springs and bump stops (thanks to NorcalSS!) to keep the truck lowered, at which point we ran into are second issue, the swaybar link was rusted too so we hacked those off...getting new ones this morning...

Then heres a pic of how we setup the passenger side brake line. We used the blazer lines that came with the spindle and the blazer brake line brackets because they had better brake line placement. We did have to tweak the S10 brake line to a new angle for it to fit, but it offered the best angle for the brake line and it cleares my tires as well. Everything not tightened down cause we need to grab some crush washers and bleed the truck.

I'll grab picture of how I did the drivers later and post up, gotta go to napa and grab some pahtssss to so I can get it back together.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #76
Disabled Vet

You gots a nice DD project,Brother,good looking truck!

Back to an earlier post,about the Duplicolor rattlecans,yeah,they're sweet,I found some at a local Advance Auto for $5.99 a can in the color of mine too (Dark Cherry Metallic),LOL
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #77

Thanks!

Yeah, they work good for little stuff, I sprayed my SS mirrors and they came out alright but the clear coat just doesn't have the same shine to it so those will get repainted with real paint eventually but for now its fine.

Just dropped the truck off at the shop for an alignment tomorrow morning, wasn't able to get any more pics before we got her all back together, but I'll grab some when the summer tires go back on. Man was it a process to get the truck there, had to dig the trailer out of this...

After about 2 hours of shoveling wet snow, and breaking 2 shovels...

Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #78

nice truck man i just pick up an extreme blazer myself.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #79

Been a long ass time, but the truck is 5/3.5 dropped now, just in time for winter. Still isn't low enough in my opinion. It's also weird because the rear is only 3.5" drop but almost level with the 5" drop. Stock ZQ8 leafs with 2" blocks, could my leafs be worn out or something? Only 70k on the truck... Any thoughts on that situation would be appreciated.

Picture time!

Hope to get some stuff touched up this winter. Need to get a new front bumper, repaint the SS mirrors with real paint, same with my door handles. Wouldn't mind fixing my front valance too, got that notorious crack! But its held up surprisingly well to the newly slammed stance, scrapes daily.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #80
jrod

nice truck but i wouldnt think it would be worn out leaf spings i think its jus because the xtreme kit when i done mine i thought the same thing but mine is 3.5/4.5 on 20s (2" spindals 3" blocks) ohh ya if u planning on running 20s ull need to raise it back up or relocate under hood and remove inner fenders because i scubb all the time
Old 11-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #81

I rub tire rather often with 245/50/16's. My build is geared more towards performance so 20's are not in my future, 18's may be however. But wheels will come same time big brake upgrade comes which will come at the same time as my suspension upgrade. Want to do tubular control arms, coil overs, etc... and something with the rear suspension as well, maybe a 4 link? Need to do more research before I make a final decision.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #82

Well, time to dig this back up from the depths, my plans have finally come together as I have just purchased an L33!

Gnabbed an L33 with 29k original miles, complete pullout and a 4L60e transmission with 40k original miles as well, shipping out tomorrow and should be here in a week, time to start collecting parts! Swap happening this summer! Pictures as soon as the engine comes in!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #83

Had a productive day at the junkyard today pulling parts for the L33 swap...

Grabbed a few things...
- DBC throttle body off a silverado
- 4.3 throttle cable
- Blazer auto floor console and shifter
- vortec engine cover

all for $20, didn't have much for S10's there, still need to grab a driveshaft from a regular cab auto S10 and a cross member as well. Motor will be here Wednesday, although I'm back up to school for 2 weeks for another week of classes and finals then the real progress begins!

Bought an LS2 pan for the swap as well, but decided to go a different route for the swap , so if anyone wants an LS2 pan package drop me a PM. Looking to get it moved, pan is new besides being bolted up for mockup, includes gasket, all bolts, pickup tube, dipstick tube, and dipstick.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #84

Sold the LS2 pan, and look what came in today

L33 with 29k miles and a 4L60e with 40k miles on it

Other part's on the way:
- 98-99 F-Body manifolds
- Superior aluminum S10 V8 swap radiator
- Dorman 300-201 power steering pump pulley
Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #85
Another 5.3 S10

Looking forward to the L33 swap man!

Just thought i would throw this out there but this is how i did my USB in my truck due to the fact the passenger side airbag doesn't work.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #86

I ended up just throwing my USB cable back in my glove box. And I can't wait to start this swap, it's been 2 years in the working for me, 2 years of research, saving up money, and keeping an eye out for the right motor/trans deal. Hopefully a T56 will find it's way into the truck next summer, if the automatic doesn't grow on me by that point.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #87

Dam.. Looks nice man.. I got an '03 Xtreme as well.. mines all black with the 4.3 Auto.. but i got the stepside bed. Your paint looks hella good.. mines all faded and cracked and flakin off lol.. but like what you have done.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #88

Got home from school today for the summer, unwrapped her...

799 heads...

Superior Performance swap radiator...

Dorman PS pulley...

Old 05-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #89

Ddaaaaaammmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #90

Some progress made today, got the engine onto an engine stand and pulled the wiring, exhaust manifolds, and some other junk off.

pulled the DBW throttle body off and cleaned up the DBC cable I pulled at the junkyard and went to put it one where I ran into my first issue...

Can that vacuum connection on the intake manifold be removed and replaced with some sort of plug or do I need a different throttle body? Or different Intake manifold?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #91

Updating three project threads is getting real old real quick lol, if you want to keep track of the build subscribe to this thread:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/x...3-swap-494965/
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #92

I decided to bring this back from the dead since I wan't one thread that I can go back to with all my progress in it, so here we go again...

Fixed my throttle body PCV tube issue, this is what I ended up doing, drilling, tapping it, and then plugging it.

Then I ordered my wiring harness and ECM from CPW!

Cleaned the valve covers and pulled the intake off to clean the valley tray and intake manifold. Looks clean on the inside!

Pulled the accessories off to clean them, then pulled the power steering pulley off and went to put the new Dorman pulley on, made my first mistake and chattered the pulley Was using a bolt and a socket to pull the pulley onto the pump, had the socket resting on the plastic part of the pulley instead of the metal part and shattered it, oh well. Live and learn, new one already on the way.

Picked up some small stuff from the junk yard including a throttle cable bracket, since my old intake was DBW it didnt have all the threaded inserts for the bracket.

Went back to the junkyard, nothing huge. Snagged a radiator cap for my radiator, upper radiator hose off a 5.3 silverado, the brake booster vacuum nipple that was broken on my intake, and some miscellaneous bolts. Also was able to get some of those threaded inserts out of an intake...

And punched them in...

Bought a set of 98-99 f-body manifolds on LS1Tech.

Pulled the intake back off to seal up the knock sensors with silicone.

And my CPW motor mounts came in, these things are massive compared to what the pictures depict haha. They look teeny weeny in the pictures, but these things are beefy!

And that's where I'm at as of today. My wiring harness and ECM is 7 weeks out. I did clean up my center console and will post pics of that later, some of the plastic is sun faded and will probably try and track down some other pieces in better shape from the junkyard.

Thing's left to order
- Magnaflow Muffler PN: 12388 stainless dual 2.5" inlet single 3" outlet 24x5x8 (should keep it nice and quiet!)
- 2x Magnaflow stainless catalytic converters PN: 94106 2.5" inlet/outlet
- Russel 644113 EFI fitting for the fuel rail
- Russel 644123 EFI fitting for the fuel filter
- 2x Russel 610023 -6AN hose fittings
- 6ft or 10ft (don't know how much I need yet) Russel 632063 Pro-Classic -6AN fuel line
- Holley 302-1 oil pan
- GM LS3 Dipstick and Dipstick Tube for the pan (12634547 and 12625031)
- Couple v-flanges for my exhaust
- Air Intake
- Another O2 sensor
- Driveshaft

and some other small tidbits, but that's the big stuff that's left!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #93

Did some rationalizing, and realized that a T56 is out of my budget for now...so a 4L60e it is, picked up one from a buddy with 30k miles on it from an 04 5.3 Silverado

Also got my Corvette Servo in...

Also have an AC compressor in the mail since the one that came with the pullout was banged up.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #94

So I snagged this banner when I went to the Goodguys Northeast show, even though I don't own anything from them...

...but now I do...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #95

No one picked up on that apparently.

This morning I turned this...

Into this...

M12 out of an 04 GTO with 45k miles on it, complete with an f-body hurst shifter, flywheel, clutch, all hydraulics, and starter. Thank god I don't have to run an auto haha
Old 07-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #96

Alright, so got some parts in.
Holley Oil pan...

Parts from Summit; Fuel line, AN fittings, oil filter, oil pan gasket, dipstick, dipstick tube, and clutch alignment tool. Also got my bronze pilot bushing in.

Part numbers for fuel fitting for 2.2 flex fuel truck (need two of the straight hose ends)...

Flywheel resurfaced and spacer for it...

And then hit a road block, pulled the pan off and fitted the pickup tube, windage tray only needed some small filing for the pickup bracket to clear. And then I was looking around and I noticed this...

Crack in the block where the starter mounts, pretty upset about it. Calling up my machinist tomorrow to see when I can get it to him to weld up. Truck starts coming apart this weekend.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #97

oo man.. that sucks...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #98

Some updated from the past few days, things are starting to get rolling here.
Crack has been welded up...

Replaced the rear main seal gaskets since they were in such close proximity to the welding.

Got my Holley oil pan bolted up...

Then I threw the truck on stands, and the fun begins.

And here's how she sits at the end of the day.

Doesn't look like much but the exhaust is off, driveshaft is out, whole front faschia is off, fluids drained. Hoping to get the engine pulled out before next weekend.

Now, my truck is a 2003 and from what I've heard it should be a flex fuel. But while I was under the truck today I noticed some other fuel lines and couldn't figure out there purpose. So I'm hoping someone could enlighten me on whether or not my truck is actually flex fuel or not and what the two lines above the fuel filter are.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #99

I'm dumb. Two nipples on the back side indicate that it has a regulator and should be a flex fuel system right? Still don't understand the two lines above it though, they appear to be return lines maybe? Do most people just delete them?
Old 07-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #100

Hmm.. mines an 03 as well and i didnt notice those lines and mine and mine didnt have 2 inlets into the fuel filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.