Project clean up. - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Project clean up.

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
ecl

Project clean up.

Well we got this 97 Jimmy for 800 and my wife hates it. The re son she hates it is because its pretty dirty on the inside. It looks like they never had floor mats or clean the inside of this truck at all. I promised her I could clean it up and make it look good, but now im thinking its going to take more than I expected. I need a windshield, tires, and a deep deep clean. Ive already scrubbed the inside and the plastic trim parts are looking good but there is no helping the carpet. I did however convince the wife to let me herculine the interior so that we get rid of that nasty carpet, so I started to rip it out.

Heres some pics

Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
I own <several ties>

User is: OffLine
Re: Project clean up.

I would try to hit up a Pull A Part, or a You Pull It, style junk yard for some carpet and other panels you might need. Looks like it needs some work but nothing a couple hours couldn't turn around.

Herculiner might be alright, i don't know if it would be the best choice though.. (sill plates and kick panels would be kinda floating since the carpet fills in that gap some).. unless you planned on doing it, then maybe later down decided to put the carpet back over that. Might be a decent sound deadner then.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #3

Theres nothing wrong with bedliner easy to clean and everything. The only bad thing about it is that without carpet you may get a little bit more road noise because there no sound deading. But i dont know if that a deal breaker for you or not.
e
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
This is doo doo baby!

hell just bedline the carpet
Old 03-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
ecl

I would go to a junkyard like that but the closest one is 250 miles away heck there isnt even a junk yard in this town anymore. I herculined the cargo area of one of my trucks before and liked it and had planned to do the whole inside but then sold it before I did.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Bought Not Built

Theres alot of wires for speakers and air ducts for rear seating running under the carpet in these what will be right out in the open with no carpet. You can see the main harness there in the 2nd pics that runs the full length.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
ecl

Yeah I noticed that as well I figured I would just go over these, unless that posses an issue.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
ecl

Got a new windshield today, and ordered some tires yesterday which should be here any day. I also got a jack cover with the cargo cover for a great deal from member Squeek here, thanks again by the way.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
ecl

Ok well heres an updated pic with the new tires and windshield
Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
ecl

by chance any one know how to clean out the center console insert? Mine is disgusting I may just need to buy a new one.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Trust Me

Buy a new one. that's nasty.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
ecl

thats what I was afraid of, the cheapest one ive found is 30 plus shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.