S-10 Forum banner

[Project] Blazin' w/ 4 doors

34K views 395 replies 39 participants last post by  JDrummond Service Inc. 
#1 ·
So I've decided I'll make a project thread of my own. I'll try to get some pics and explanations of my recent projects and some I've done in the past.

I've got a '98 4-door blazer it currently has a 3/4 static drop, 20" rims, and some work on the interior. But nothing much else to speak of. Until now most of my money has went towards keeping it running because the owner before me thought it didn't need ANY preventive maintenance and everything started going downhill...

I'll be posting some pics up shortly of the truck and recent projects and current projects...

#4 ·
right now i'm working on getting a few air products installed... I've recently welded a compressor shelf on my rear frame, thanks to cpolaris502 for the idea... now just waiting on fittings to arrive so that I can install comp, and tanks.

In the meantime I've been working on smoothing and painting my interior door panels.. pics shortly... passenger side front door is done and working on driver's side front now...

#14 ·
thanks dude

also, I made a deal with the wife that if I lost 120 pounds I could bag the blazer without any complaints whatsoever... so far I've lost 60 lbs and have kinda hit a wall.. I need more motivation definitely!! but I'm not backsliding so it's still promising.... plus she's been generous enough to let me start buying a few things here and there without saying anything so I've got a little bit already...

#16 ·
and this is the progress on my door panel... the fabric panels are just sitting there, they aren't actually mounted yet and the fabric is about to get re pulled and 3m 77 is getting put to some good use... don't want this panel looking like my passenger side... so i'll let you use your imagination!!!
and i still lack fabric on the bottom...

#19 ·
so I begun my tear down of the inside to make it an easier start when I get my bag stuff... I'm planning to order all my shit next friday so up till then to keep my sanity I'll do what I can to make access to the area easier... this is my progress for today...

only problem I'm having is the seat belt bolt on the rear seats... I've already busted 3 torx bits and the last one I busted I was using a pair of vice grips on the bolt head to help.. but it didn't still busted... only thing i can be thankful for is that I haven't rounded out the bolt head.. just busting $6 bits...

#24 ·
finally got the seatbelt bolts out.. i wished i'd have thought to take pics of the bit before it cracked and broke completely, yes the 4th bit... anyway it was the weirdest thing it actually twisted about 40 degrees before it broke...

but for reference of anyone else having trouble with these bastards I finally was able to get it out by tightening it about a 1/4 turn then it came right out... dunno if tightening broke the 12 year old bond of BS that had accumulated or what.. but it's out so the dismantling can resume...

btw no progress likely for tomorrow because i've got to replace fuel pump on my dad's 99 ranger in the morning after I get off work....

#26 ·
this is what kept me from progress on the blazer today.... it's my daily driver/dad's truck, since he's a truck driver and is only home about 3 days a month or two, besides registration and title is in my name...
and let it be known, if I find out who put sand/ dirt in my gas tank I'll strangle them till they quit wigglin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.