Project: 4x4 Under Construction - Page 14 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Project: 4x4 Under Construction

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #651

Re: Project: 4x4 Under Construction

I like the new car. Good choice for both fuel economy and reliability. It's sad that you're taking the truck off the road, but like you said, since it's not your daily driver anymore, you can take the time for repairs that'll take a bit longer. I like the new paint job. I've been planning on doing a real paint job on mine after I find a house with a garage, but after the passenger door got hit, I'm thinking that keeping it rattle-can satin black is the way to go.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #652
I have terrible luck...

User is: OffLine

Haha yes! I'm waiting til I get payments figured out and everything settled in a routine before I continue to work on it though. Hopefully I'll finish the last few areas that need paint aoon. So far all I've done since I got the toyota is take the radio and subs from the truck and put them in the car and replace the headlight on the drivers side of the truck..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #653
I have terrible luck...

Celica forums SUCK by the way. This is the best forum I've ever been on.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #654

Quote: Originally Posted by 85Monster
Haha yes! I'm waiting til I get payments figured out and everything settled in a routine before I continue to work on it though. Hopefully I'll finish the last few areas that need paint soon. So far all I've done since I got the toyota is take the radio and subs from the truck and put them in the car and replace the headlight on the drivers side of the truck..
I haven't done anything to my truck since August, when I was attempting to make centercaps...which are just sitting in a box right now.
The Mazda forums are probably about as ridiculous as the Celica forums. I don't even remember my login password to any of the ones I've joined.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #655
I have terrible luck...

Seriously theres no build threads like here, very few members, hardly any information...
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #656
I have terrible luck...

Just because he hasn't made an appearance in such a long time...le turkey! After being ripped open and just about killed by trying to fight my wolf dog, he's finally healed up and got his feathers mostly back in.

And now, a bit of an update! Dont hate

white hood

Why white first? Well I forgot to take pictures but, I covered the whole thing in tape, drew a little something and did some cutting in it...sprayed it black...

Once the black dried, unmasked everything, and started to peel back the tape to reveal my glorious artwork

In the spirit of halloween annnddd christmas, I give you, Jack Skellington from the Nightmare Before Christmas!!

View from inside

Anddd that's about all I've done...hey at least it's something!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #657
I have terrible luck...

It's a little lop sided and far from perfection but for an old satin black beat up 28 year old truck I think it fits in just fine. A bad ass beater needs some bad ass paint on it haha
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #658
where da white women at?

been a while since i seen this thread. sucks its off the road man. but glad you got a good DD. to the guy who said the 2nd gen 2.2 would have been a good DD, no. i DD'd mine for like 2 months before it was too much. but glad your keeping the truck.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #659
I have terrible luck...

Finally put on the other side wheel bearing hubs and brake pads ha. Other than that I haven't done much. Been working almost full time, and full time student. I haven't given it up though.

All together
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #660
I have terrible luck...

Finally painted the roof and top half of doors in some spare time the other day. Tailgate and wiper cowl to go, then hopefully I can rebuild the front a little with some junkyard parts...

Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #661
Full-Time Offroader

need an update!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #662
I have terrible luck...

Well...Ive still got the truck if that counts for anything haha. Ive got about 1840 left to pay off on the car, and about 800 left to pay off for school debts. Then all my paychecks will be straight profit and I can start to plan to start a rebuild on the truck. I start it up from time to time to just to keep things stirred up in there, I havent given it up haha. I'll start a new thread someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.