S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Project] 10 Pennies

72K views 557 replies 178 participants last post by  manbearpig 
#1 ·
figured it was time for a change! bye-bye bodykit, hello body drop.
tear down in my aunts garage, then off the the shop. myself and John @ Getbored Designs are doing all the work.

the new shop

See less See more
#139 ·
i remember awhile back thinking.. when is this guy gonna bodydrop that thing? always been a fan of the paintjob and wheels you had on it.. but the work put into it now is just sick!

#140 ·
Were actually looking for a spot at SEMA 2011 if anyone out there is listening lol. If that doesn't happen, whenever it's done it's done. I don't wanna rush stuff to get it done and just throw it together. It's all in the details.

And i have billets lol. :)

#142 ·
I'm kinda heartbroken to see your truck come apart. That truck is a BIG reason I've kept my X kit on mine. It proved to me that an X can look great. On that note, I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve waiting on updates. This thing is gonna be SO sick!

It's crazy to see, in my opinion, one of the best looking trucks on this site torn down that far. Loving it!

#150 ·
That firewall is awesome!!!! How much is the new frame going to weigh? Oh and I noticed you have a 60E out of a f-body ( the tailhousing with the torque arm mounts ) I dunno if you knew it or not but you will need to change the gear selector shaft to the longer truck style. And I would like to see how you hide all of the wires...Great work...

#151 ·
Thanks man. I'm very pleased with how it came out. I did not know that but thanks for telling me. Why doesn't the camaro one work? And all the wires will likely be coming from the center behind the engine with everything mounted inside.

Updates next week. Been slacking on the pics but stuff is getting done.

#152 ·
The trucks have a longer style selector shaft than the f-bodys...You're using your stock shifter linkage and everything correct?? You could drop the pan on your stock 60E and use that one or just buy a new one...They are easy to replace...Drop the pan take a nut and clip off then put the new one in...I had to do it to mine..Found the thread I had made awhile back on tech:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/1259381-part-number-question.html

#155 ·
Yeah the stock linkage still works but only with the truck style shaft...Have you ordered your harness yet? Cause another thing is the P/N safety switch....Use one that's like on the stock S10 60E with two plugs...You can get them brand new for like $30~40......

#157 ·
Petro I havent ordered a harness yet. Too busy buying fun stuff lol. I seriously doubt the stock cable will work. Too many variables.

Hell yeah brad! Can't wait. My truck hasn't been to a show in a year and a half. Be good to have something there for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.