MyTruckHasNoPantsOn! - Page 22 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

MyTruckHasNoPantsOn!

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #1051
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!

User is: OffLine
Re: MyTruckHasNoPantsOn!

So, I picked this up from a guy on Facebook a few weeks ago.

An actual 2.2 5-speed tach cluster. The v6 auto one in the truck now is working fine, but it'll be nice to have the correct one in there. I'm gonna clear the needles, swap to LEDs and obviously swap over or adjust the odometer.

Don't want to lose 90k miles...
Speaking of the needles; both my original cluster, and the current one, from a 96 Blazer have wide orange needles. This one, which is also a 97, has thinner red ones. I'm assuming he just swapped them? The speedo one was off when I took it out of the box. I like them better anyways. Should look good cleared. They'll match the red lighting on my CD player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #1052
WTFWBJD

I think there's a thread showing how to change the odometer. If not, deathphoenix can help you out with that. The needles look just like the ones he put in my cluster. I forget what they were out of. I want to say Camaro.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #1053
Forever breaking this S10

User is: Online

Yep, those look just like Camaro needles.

If you're looking for just clear thin needles, I have a couple sets if you don't want to change those since a lot of people desire the Camaro needles. They're white needles from an Alero but show up any color your LEDs are.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #1054
Maybe later.

Keep the Camaro needles. I may be bias however. lol.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #1055
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!

Jerry, I've got that thread bookmarked and will be referring to it quite a bit. I'm definitely liking these needles. Just want to strip the white paint off the back of them so they're transparent. I think I've read that nail polish remover works well. I'll have to do a little searching.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #1056
WTFWBJD

I think I recall some guys saying that's what they used. Not like you can't go to the boneyard and buy a handful for next to nothing to experiment with.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #1057
LOOK AT MY NIPPLES!

Quite right. Maybe I'll pull the old cluster apart and test it on those needles.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #1058
WTFWBJD

Have fun putting the speedo needle back on. Mine was almost 10mph off when I installed it. I had to install the cluster without the lense, barely push the needle on, and then go drive around using GPS and the trial and error method to get the needle in the right spot by taking it off an then putting it back on. Pain in the nuts.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #1059
Maybe later.

Quote: Originally Posted by mostizzle
Have fun putting the speedo needle back on. Mine was almost 10mph off when I installed it. I had to install the cluster without the lense, barely push the needle on, and then go drive around using GPS and the trial and error method to get the needle in the right spot by taking it off an then putting it back on. Pain in the nuts.
Huh. Do the 94s not park the needle at power up? On the 95+ atleast, when you turn to key to run, all the needles park in their default position. I just swap them then. Obviously this only applys to the speed, rpm, and oil pressure, since those all default to zero with key on engine off, but you'll also see your current volt, temp, and fuel levels using this method, making it really easy. The only problem I always have pushing them on to far and having them skip and catch.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #1060
WTFWBJD

That didn't work for me. Mine was also torn all the way down and completely reassembled with different stepper motors too. Pretty sure the cluster in the thread that I mentioned is my cluster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.