I've been on here long enough. It's about damn time I start a 'project' thread, although it's not much of a project. Yet.
2.2, 5 speed
Regular cab, short bed.
The truck was given to me by my mother-in-law just over a year ago. Her father had given it to her a few years earlier, when he inherited a butt-ton of money, and bought 2 brand new vehicles. She had no use for it, since she can't drive standard. So, it sat under a tarp, under some pine trees for almost 3 years.
Considering that, it's in pretty decent shape. The cab corners and rear wheel arches are shot, but the paint is still holding it all together. A few pictures of when I first got it:
First thing I did was get rid of the bedrail caps, and paint the wheels and bowtie black. I also took off the bulky front plate bracket/holder dealy. I tinted the tails, side markers, and third brake light lenses, too. I really wasn't a fan of the sunken-in headlights, so I made a pair of covers that sit flush with the grille. From a distance, it just looks like tinted composite headlights, but I think it looks cool and a little different up close.
It stayed pretty much like this for most of last summer and fall. Mainly due to me being lazy. I scrounged around on Ebay, and found a hell of a deal on some mirrors, and a bodykit/rollpan combo. Those sat for a few months, until I attempted to paint them. Something got f-ed up between me prepping and cleaning everything, and actually spraying paint, because everything was all fish-eye-ish and ugly as hell. The mirrors and rollpan eventually got sanded down, and rattle-canned, while the rest of the bodykit has been sitting in my front hall for 6 months (and is currently for sale in the classifieds...go look!).
I had planned on buying all the necessary parts to drop it last October, as a birthday present to myself. Instead, my clutch slave cylinder decides to leak on me. So, that, along with a clutch kit, and refacing the flywheel took all my money instead. Luckily, I was able to do it myself, at work, in a fully equipped garage. If not, I would have been SOL.
Again, it stayed pretty much the same (except for an Ebay intake) until I altered my rollpan a little this past spring.
I do have a thread on the rollpan project, in the exterior/paint forum. If you read the whole thing, yes it already looks like crap up close. I AM going to redo it soon. A couple weeks ago, I was FINALLY able to drop it. Nothing drastic.
It was supposed to be a 3.5"/3" drop, with ZQ8 coils and spindles up front, and blocks in back. Ended up being just a 2"/3" for now, due to not having the time/patience/energy to wrastle with the front upper shock nuts. The front definitely needs to come down more, though. I bought new shocks all around, but might be returning them tomorrow to have the cash to go buy a decent-looking set of GTA replica wheels I found on Craigslist for stupid cheap. I'll post some pictures of said wheels when I pick them up, if the guy hasn't sold them on me.
Stay tuned for updates and hopefully crap-loads more pictures.