My Average Blazer - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

My Average Blazer

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #1

My Average Blazer

I finally got my own car!! After waiting for several years. My parents got me a 4 door 2 wheel drive 2000 Chevy Blazer. I love it. We now have 2 2000 Chevy Blazers in the family but this one runs smother and is a better foundation for me to build something out of it.

Well heres some pics from after today's wash. (I wash my car every weekend)

It has some rough spots on it though. The previous owner was a construction worker. I think he drove threw wet mortar

and theres scratches all around the Blazer

My plans in the future include:
  • Cleaning the carpet
  • Big 3 Upgrade
  • Installing all my speakers
  • Switch all interior lights to LED
  • Install HID driving/fog lights
  • Find a set of clean rims and maybe dropping it sometime in the future
Thanks for reading and please post any ideas you have that I could do to the Blazer to clean it up some!

Last edited by ocblaze1; 06-10-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Pics didn't work
Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Electrical Mod

User is: OffLine
Re: My Average Blazer

Nice looking blazer, HID's are a great upgrade.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Registered Pimp

Looks like a great start!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Square-body crazy

Nice. Scratches are just another reason to throw a badass paintjob on it
Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #5

Looks like mine when I first got it. I love my blazer.

Cant wait to see some work done to it. HIDs are good upgrade Ive had 8k and now I have 5ks.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Electrical Mod

I have 6k, I sorta wish I'd with with the 5k's. The light is whiter and brighter, maybe down the road I'll buy new bulbs.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #7

its gonna look clean lowered. get on it! lol
Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
Pewter member

ditch your stock frame build a new one and fab up everything lay the sumbitch the f* out! with some 22s
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote: Originally Posted by deathphoenix99
I have 6k, I sorta wish I'd with with the 5k's. The light is whiter and brighter, maybe down the road I'll buy new bulbs.

I actully like the 5ks. I had 8ks but one of the bulbs burnt out so i ordered some 5ks. I like them so far I just got tired of the blue.

You should lower it 4/5 or 3/4. Or bagg it.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #10

If i lower it, i still need to be able to haul a trailer and the only reason i would lower it is so that it would handle better. I have seen a 2/3 or 2/4 and it looks awesome. Right now im focused on getting it running right, cleaning up the interior some, and getting my system in.

Does anyone know how to restore the dash back to the orginal tan color of the truck?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #11
Back at it again!

Looks like a nice blazer!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #12

Quote: Originally Posted by ocblaze1
If i lower it, i still need to be able to haul a trailer and the only reason i would lower it is so that it would handle better. I have seen a 2/3 or 2/4 and it looks awesome. Right now im focused on getting it running right, cleaning up the interior some, and getting my system in.

Does anyone know how to restore the dash back to the orginal tan color of the truck?
Mines lowered 2/4 maybe 4.5 in back But its about to be 3.5/4.5 and i have a set of helperbags from airlift. Ive moved my friends boat around no problem havent really took it far but ive moved from his house to another friends.

The dash i dont really know, ive got tan interior to and most of mine if faded. I got a dash cover cuz theirs a little hole starting in the middle of my dash.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #13
Don't look at my car

How tall are you?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #14

Truck looks nice, a good start also. Maybe remove the trimming? I'm not sure if you can remove it off the bumper though, which would look weird if it was left on and removed on the body.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #15
Back at it again!

You can remove the trim from the bumper but there are holes left from where the trim attached to the bumper.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #16

Yea their will be alot of holes all around the front of the bumper if you take the impact strip off.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #17

Does anyone have detailed pics of how to remove the plastic interior side mouldings things so i can pull the carpet.

Example:
Underside pics of the door runners
Backside pics of the side moldings
etc.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #18

Not sure if Im talking about the right ones but They should just pop right off. I poped mine out when I Fatmated my blazer.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
Atlanta Braves FTMFW!

ive been searching and searching for a 2wd blazer. cant find one anywheres. specially in the 4 door model.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:16 AM   #20
Mr. Sparkle

Take some nail polish and go over that scratch on the tailgate.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #21

Will the nail polish act like a new clear coat? Also does anyone have pics of the backside of the trim anywhere on the inside.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #22

Ok so i got the carpet removed and i am cleaning it but i found a wire cut near the tailgate. Could anyone give me a hint to which wire it is? I think its defrost but idk. My wiper works so i have ruled that out.

Heres a couple pics:

And heres a pic of the interior with the front seats reinstalled:

Last edited by ocblaze1; 06-24-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Pics didnt show
Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #23

Take the carpet and seats to the car wash and power wash them (warm soapy water does wonders.) Just hit any big stains with some carpet cleaner first.

After that hit it with a wet/dry vac asap (while still wet). It'll be so nice, clean and fluffy when you're done! The best interior "mod" you can do!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #24
Unmotivated

I'm curious why you took the carpet out and put the seats back in. Are you going to drive it with no carpet?

Anyways the bagged/22's thing is way overplayed! I like that you aren't doing it lol.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #25

Yea it's been a week since I started disassembly i have been really busy this past week and i am finally going to have time to clean the carpet!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #26

To answer the questions about the carpet, I took out the carpet in order to pressure wash and clean it. I had to reinstall the seats since my Blazer is my only mode of transportation.

Ok so I have finally gotten off my rear end to do some work on the Blazer. I bought two Alpine 10" Type R 1023D subs to fill in the lows since I have my speakers cut off at 80 hz. So i began by ripping out the carpet in preparation for the wires (I am now pretty good at removing the interior of a Blazer haha).

I decided to do the Big 3 and power wire at once since I was going to be visiting that area of the car. I bought 1/0 wire to do the Big 3 and Power wire for the amps. I know 1/0 is overkill but I would rather do something once and never have to revisit it again. All wire is covered in techflex (expandable sleeving) and heat shrink. Also a waterproof grommet was installed where the power wire passes through the firewall. Oh and by the way if you have never used techflex or heat shrink you are in for a surprise as the stuff is amazing!! Anyway heres the power wire in the engine compartment.

Oh and I know the ground part of the Big 3 isn't installed yet, I ran outta time.

Last edited by ocblaze1; 02-21-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Image code
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #27

Ok so moving on, I ran 6 channels of quality rca's to the rear of the Blazer. I don't have any pictures of this step but basically i ran the rca's down the center console and then crossed them over to the passenger side under the rear seat. I then ran the power wire down the driver's side. Each of the rca's and power wire were mounted to the floor with sticky zip tie mounts every 3 - 3.5 inches as to compile with IASCA and MECA rules. I took this step in order for my future preparation to compete in car audio.

The only picture I have of this step is how the wires run out of the carpet where it breaks under the rear seats. You can see the wires are completely hidden from view:

You can see the extra set of rca's I ran for the future addition of a 3-way front install. Again I figure I better do this right the first time so I don't have to redo it later to fit my anal taste.

So moving onto the box build, dual Type R subs ideally like a 3.2^3 - 3.5^3 enclosure tuned to 33 - 35 hz. So I drew up some plans for the box and got them checked by several accredited members on diymobileaudio.com. The box came out to 3.45^3 tuned to 35 hz.

Here is a picture of the box:

and some s10forum.com love:

I covered the box with fake suede as it matches the interior very well. I also built the sub box to be easily removable as it is held in with two allen bolts that bolt to the factory cargo tie downs. All wires are secured to the box and only require the subs to be taken out, rca's unplugged, distribution block unscrewed, and the two allen bolts to be undone for the box to be removed and returned to factory condition.

You can see the techflex on the speaker wires and related wires for the box here:

and here:

Also I know there is extra wire everywhere as I plan on building a fake floor soon with the addition of a 3-way front install. Thanks for checking everything out and plase let me know how you feel about my install!!

Oh and p.s. I am only running the subs at 300 - 350 watts at a 4 ohm load right now while they "break in" but i plan on running the subs at 700 - 850 watts at a 2 ohm load after they properly "break in." Oh and just so you know the crack in my windshield has grown 1" since installing the subs which means I have to buy a new windshield very soon.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
Square-body crazy

Nice. I love the job you did only the wiring. It looks super clean.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #29

This might not be the right place for this question but I would rather keep the 'tech' in the thread.

So I was leaving work today when smoke came out of the vents and the smell of antifreeze filled the Blazer. FML!! But I have a question for everyone.

Where is everyone going to get a replacement heater core? Also how long is everyone's replacement heater core lasting?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #30
BOOBIES

How much do you like your type rs?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #31

I really like the type r's. They get extremely loud and play clearly up to 100 hz. I do however need to build another box as this box has too much port area and is creating a 'farty' sound at times. Again the subs are amazing for the price but the box just wasn't built to the right parameters. Most people who ride in the Blazer can't even tell the difference between a 'farty' sound and a clear note, I am really anal about music and thats why I will be building another box.

Cliffnotes:
Excellent drivers for the price. Clear sound with a surprising db level!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #32

Hey guys I messed around with HDR pictures today and just wanted to show y'all the pictures. If you've never messed around with HDR it's worth the time cause I find the pictures extremely cool looking and are extremely easy.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #33
BOOBIES

HDR pics?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #34
Square-body crazy

Dude you should print out the first one/frame it and make artwork for your house. Those look badass.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #35

Hey for those who don't know HDR is a relatively new technique that allows a user to combine three different shutter speeds into one picture which creates a extremely crisp and detailed picture that one picture could not point out. Also all pictures should be taken on a tripod and the objects pictured should not be moved!! This last part is huge!!!

First and for most
shutter speed - the time your shutter stays open which controls the amount of light the picture captures

First:
You take a picture with a very very low shutter speed about 1/20 which allows a ton of light to come into the picture

Second:
The second picture is taken a a normal shutter speed, this picture acts as the original for the building

Third:
This picture is taken with a extremely fast shutter speed, I took mine at 1/4000. This picture captures a very dark picture with a extremely large amount of shadows

Now you upload the pictures to the program which is where the tripod comes into importance. The program puts the pictures together and you are given a large amount of options to adjust, somewhat like photoshop. This is where the magic happens!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #36
BOOBIES

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiko
Dude you should print out the first one/frame it and make artwork for your house. Those look badass.
I agree that looks i would buy a print from you n put it out in the garage
Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #37

Hey guys everything has been put on hold for a long time until this past week! I meet a guy and bought some MB Motoring Vintage Wheels. Just so you know the tires are Cooper Discoverer A/T3 in the 235/60/17 variety!!!

which one do y'all like better

VS a normal photo

Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #38

I think you should sell me those wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.