Heavy Hauler - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Heavy Hauler

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #51
Administrator

User is: OffLine
Re: Heavy Hauler

I'm gonna open this back up but only because I'd love to see this dude prove you guys wrong. He sounds knowledgeable to me, why not give him a chance to prove his claims.
I'll even put up cash for the difference in fuel if he's right.

I like the idea of making that trip for your jet ski race and doing one way with the spacer and one way without, but is the drive both directions pretty much the same? If one direction is more downhill driving than the other direction it will screw up the results. I think a round trip total would need to be done twice in a short time frame with similar weather condition to really be as close to even as possible. Do you have any ideas, txpro?

If you want to do this and you prove you're right (which I hope you do) then we can do the math and figure out how much more it cost you to run without the throttle body and I'll pay for it. If you're wrong and you gain MPG then you'll just have to listen to a lot of "I told you so" but at least you'd be saving money on gas
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #52
Good Bye SonomaST

Quote: Originally Posted by J_SIN
If you're wrong and you gain MPG then you'll just have to listen to a lot of "I told you so" but at least you'd be saving money on gas
I wish we had a "Like" button on here lol.
I'd agree with J_SIN though, dude has quite a bit of experience, no it's not in fuel injection but, he still has it. As for the "I wanna see the horsepower" I read 100 times(and variations of that statement smartasses) I have to agree with txpro, not everything is about gains at 5-6k RPM. If he dyno'd it and proved he picked up TQ in the midrange area I'd put on the spacer I got for free with my CAI. My truck blows the tires off on the low-end, and pulls like a freight train(for a 318) above 3500rpm. Mid-range is my dead spot and I am not spending anymore money on this damn 318, I have a 5.3 I need to be focusing on and dropping in here.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
Bold as Love

User is: Online

Quote: Originally Posted by 91sonomast
I wish we had a "Like" button on here lol.
I'd agree with J_SIN though, dude has quite a bit of experience, no it's not in fuel injection but, he still has it. As for the "I wanna see the horsepower" I read 100 times(and variations of that statement smartasses) I have to agree with txpro, not everything is about gains at 5-6k RPM. If he dyno'd it and proved he picked up TQ in the midrange area I'd put on the spacer I got for free with my CAI. My truck blows the tires off on the low-end, and pulls like a freight train(for a 318) above 3500rpm. Mid-range is my dead spot and I am not spending anymore money on this damn 318, I have a 5.3 I need to be focusing on and dropping in here.
If your truck has TBI a throttle body spacer would probably help you a little. Same as a carb spacer, theoretically gives a little more area for the fuel/air to atomize.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #54
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Want to pay me to show the effectiveness of an electric supercharger? I can get all sorts of false proof for you... Over the internet especially... I can prove it with dyno numbers, gas reciepts, and anything else you need...
Old 02-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #55
Administrator

Nobody should care about this as much as you do right now. Chill the **** out. He never asked for advice and obviously neither of you is going to listen to the other one so why keep bickering back and forth?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #56

j_sin,there is a difference in elevation.but i figured the distance and smoothness of the interstate would make the 500 ft difference in elevation a non factor.i'm more concerned with a tail/head wind difference over the run.i've got 2 y-pipe mods going on.i'll post that stuff in the exhaust section.not even worried about the gas cost difference in testing.i figure 2 gallons at $3.50@gal.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #57
Good Bye SonomaST

Quote: Originally Posted by Bold as Love
If your truck has TBI a throttle body spacer would probably help you a little. Same as a carb spacer, theoretically gives a little more area for the fuel/air to atomize.
I understand how spacers work, I had one on my 91 sonoma.....in fact it might still be on there, it's been a while since I've been under there, last time was when I made my last attempt at blowing it up . (it had 350k+ miles and was still alive, I was hellbound to blow it up....not certain it's done, it might still run.)
But pertaining to this, most people only focus on peak hp at top rpm's. I have seen dyno's from both instances but, they all seemed biased one way or the other and the numbers proved as such, kind of like txpro1200 and 1fast4by. I'd like to see dyno sheets from a completely unbiased source and see if/what it did or didn't do. I'm not a believer in them personally if they work I believe it to be minute gains. For $100 I can put that toward something that will give a greater improvement. It would just be interesting to see the outcome.
Quote: Originally Posted by J_SIN
Nobody should care about this as much as you do right now. Chill the **** out. He never asked for advice and obviously neither of you is going to listen to the other one so why keep bickering back and forth?
I concur, it's an e-dick measuring party.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #58
Bold as Love

User is: Online

Quote: Originally Posted by 91sonomast
I understand how spacers work, I had one on my 91 sonoma.....in fact it might still be on there, it's been a while since I've been under there, last time was when I made my last attempt at blowing it up . (it had 350k+ miles and was still alive, I was hellbound to blow it up....not certain it's done, it might still run.)
Damn, 350k+?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #59
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I have a 47" e-penis

Ive said before. The TB spacers definately work. On the right application. TBI is definately one of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.