S-10 Forum banner

Going up?

29K views 403 replies 28 participants last post by  Spennyman 
#1 ·
Little rough,but my new project and future daily.

1993 s10
2.6,5 speed manual transmission

Plans are to clean it up right now and do some tune-up stuff,and solve a small over-heating issue. After that i intend to put a mild lift on,and some 30's. Nothing too crazy,as i want a fairly simple truck.

See less See more
#213 ·

And height comparison with yours truly :p

Had to adjust one of the tie-rods. One wheel turned outward. Wierd..i think i had to do the same on my bagged truck,but with drop spindles. It was sketchy driving home with the stock brake lines. I will be getting longer ones asap.

#215 ·
It drives straight. I tested it at 40-45mph on a even road when i was headed home. I do intend to get it aligned though.

You don't have a set of 265's laying around by any chance do you? And driving it felt so awesome. I used to feel like i was going to drive into the pavement with that low front end,haha. Now i'm looking up at the sky.

My mom said she could tell a difference when she got in it,but i can't really notice much?

#217 ·
I need some soft 8's in a 16 inch size i guess..
I'm thinking of finding a 31x10.50 in a mud/street tread. That would look badass. I also would like to get a cheap satin black paintjob done on the truck.

#218 ·
^lol. you ain't never gonna have money at that rate:)

Yeah,Burnie has got me hooked,BTW! I'm coming back for those parts. Dudes got a bunch of new second gens and good ones too! I'd fix half those trucks,lol. I don't even think he's been getting first gens lately.hopefully he'll cut me a deal.he is expensive.

#219 ·
Yooo if your still lookin for brakelines id recomend getting some custom ones from Kore3 they run about 70 bucks or so and they are perfect. By the way i was wonderin if you got my message about the lights? my computer was acting screwy

#220 ·
I got it. I'm actually getting a set of stainless,braided lines locally. There's a well known offroad shop and they're ordering me a set. 109 bucks before tax,but worth it. I work tommorow,but my mom is going to try and run by there for me and place the order. Otherwise,i have to wait until tuesday when i'm off work before i'm able to get there myself.

The picture doesn't do it justice,but still sweet anyway.

I need to invest in jumper cables. Went to crank the '91 so i could drop it off at my moms but that battery decided to be dead..

#221 ·
Sounds good, but if you do change your mind the kore3 lines are 5 layer with Teflon, Kevlar, and stainless braid like 70 bucks shipped to your house

#223 ·
I doubt that's for stainless,braided hose. New hoses will be here by end of this coming week. I wish they could have been here by tuesday,but oh well.

#225 ·
The stainless hoses give a much better feel. The rubber hoses flex,which isnt a big deal on stock length. The longer they get though,the more flex it has. Long rubber hoses will give a mushy brake pedal,similar to air in the line.

That's why i opted for stainless. Plus since they're metal,i run less risk of slicing one while offroading. Hopefully it doesn't rain tommorow. I got some sweet pics to take. Hit up a mudhole a few times on my way home tonight. I wish i could have gotten some action shots. It was saweeet

#226 ·
Found out i have a short in my dash lights,after i played around on this dirt road and had no lights on the way home,so i couldn't see my speedometer. Made for a fun few miles.. I couldn't find a blown fuse,so i just hit the dash and my gauge lights came on:haha: I'll get around to fixing it eventually...maybe..one day

After last nights adventure

Got my ass STUCK today.. i tried to squeeze around on the dry ground,but slid into the mud and the left tire got unweighted so it wouldn't do anything but spin on the very top of the dirt..

Me and jessie tried shoving some 2x4 peices under the tire,him standing in the bed to weight the back down some on that tire,and rocking it back and forth (With him helping push backwards) and nothing worked. I had to call in reinforcements. My friend phil came out in his new 2wd f150 and we hooked up my tow strap and he pulled me out like it was a 4 wheeler or something... All i owe him is some beer :tup:

I'm done offroading for the day

Some cool shots

A co-worker told me about some scrap at his buddys. I show up and find this:

Some old winch. Dunno if it works,but if not i could scrap it for $20+ That shit's easily 200lbs+ It took me and jessie both to carry it,and we still had trouble. (Ignore the mess,this is the room i keep all my junk/parts in. i need to clean it up some)

I need to wire-wheel them,and paint them,then buy new nuts/bolts but saved me $15-$20. I'm having a pretty nice day

Transmission now has a nice,loud squeel in 1st/2nd but not in the other 3 gears. The synchros were already making noise but it's much louder after today. I'll get around to fixing that eventually too. It still drives and shifts perfectly fine though

#227 ·
Tow hooks painted. Just need to grab some nuts/bolts. Gotta fix a issue with my muffler first though. Hopefully some pics soon. I ended up scrapping the old winch. It was way too big for my truck. I'm going with something more compact.

#229 ·
Gave my friend a old computer monitor,and i'm getting these 1-1/4" wheel spacers in return. Can't wait to get them and bolt them up. I HATE how my rear wheels sit in. As far as i know,it's a set of 4. The front wheels will stick out 2-3/8" which will be pretty awesome.

#230 ·
Lol,I would've never even attempted that trail in a 2wd. Like I said before,to have fun off roading you gotta put your truck out there sometimes....just remember,before it goes under to cut it off! if it's running when it goes under water that's pretty much all she wrote for the engine.maybe need to get a snorkle?also drain and refill your rear end and trans regularly! That mud water will find its way in eventually.been there done that! expensive hobby your flirting with:haha:

#231 ·
That was the only true mud hole really. The others were "baby" mud holes. It's mostly just sand and some areas where the water has washed away the dirt so it's really bumpy and jerks you around. My engine never touched the water,but i'll remember that. It looks sunk worse,because the truck was angled. Had it been level,the water would have only been halfway up the front rim.

I plan to go out there again,now that i know of the bypass trail. I didnt see it until after i got myself stuck. I felt pretty dumb when i got out and walked around,and found the other trail. I could have saved myself 2 hours of sitting in the sun.

I have thought about draining my transmission and refilling it though. In hopes that maybe i did just get some water in there somehow. For now i'm just gonna check my fluid level.

I am most likely putting on my new muffler tonight,then pherhaps after work tommorow i'll stay late so i can borrow the drill and install my tow hooks. I haven't had a chance to run by ace hardware and grab the bolts.

Sunday i may be able to swing by my friends house in chickasaw and grab those spacers. If so,they're going on sunday afternoon.

Should have some pics pretty soon.

#232 ·
yeah,I had a entire summer of mud ridding my gladiator but,I rubbed a few trees and laid it over once.the next year I took some trails and did what you did and tried to split some trees.i took the path to the right and the ledge gave out on me,it started slipping so I bailed out.a few sapling trees held her for maybe a minute then it rolled and plinko chipped off a couple trees and ended up in the Ohio river.for all I know it's still in there,lol.

That's why I say if you value your truck you really shouldn't off road it.I was raised a rich kid so,I didn't learn the value of stuff untill I was older than you are now.I told a guy here once I would buy $200-$500 cars out of the "transportation specials"in the Plain Dealer beat them till they couldn't take it anymore and hit them into trees or a ditch.the guy I told that to tried to say I was full of shit:rotf: I wish there was cell phones with cameras,and all that stuff back then! between the cars,drugs,and women I had a hell of a good youth.no regrets:D

#234 ·
Long story,but my old stock muffler fell off,and i ran that bitch over... It was an unexpected expense,but i bought a cheap "thrush welded" muffler and new clamp. Slid right over the y-pipe,and bolted perfectly into place. This one is definately not coming off.

Has a little more "throaty" sound at idle than stock..i think. I may swap it for the muffler off my bagged truck. Eventually i am adding pipe to it so it extends out past the cab,but prefferably out to the stock location. It's fairly quiet now though. It was like that with the stock muffler when i bought it,and it never bothered me then... We'll see

#235 ·
Btw,picking up my friend in a sec,so i'll have my wheel spacers shortly :)
I dont have a jack at my apartment though,so may have to wait until tommoroe and borrow one at work and put them on before/after work,in addition to my tow hooks. Super excited.

#239 ·
^didn't ask,don't care.

Bad news,spacers wont fit afterall :(
Based on the measurement my friend gave,i thought they would,but the holes for them to actually bolt to the truck are different. Sucks because that would have looked much better than now.

I'm hoping to trade locally,but doubt it. Who knows though,maybe someone needs these,and has the spacers that i need. Otherwise,i'm probably gonna sell on ebay and buy a set with the money
^man,you knew I had a set when we were putting the wheels on your truck!why didn't you ask for them? I would've given them to you,lol. I ended up giving them to "stepsyd" for just shipping,lol.

Idk,if you've seen my project thread but,I've been doing work for Burnie now! I'm putting together a couple trucks for him.his arm is getting better but between his therapy and still bad range of movement he just doesn't have the ability to get to everything..

#238 ·
Bad news,spacers wont fit afterall :(
Based on the measurement my friend gave,i thought they would,but the holes for them to actually bolt to the truck are different. Sucks because that would have looked much better than now.

I'm hoping to trade locally,but doubt it. Who knows though,maybe someone needs these,and has the spacers that i need. Otherwise,i'm probably gonna sell on ebay and buy a set with the money

#240 ·
I remember seeing those,but i didn't think anything about spacing out the wheels. Plus when i was over,i think you said they were already getting shipped. Do you think you'll come across anymore? I'd glady give these to you as an even exchange.

In zach's defense,i think he was just kidding around. I don't believe he was being an ass :dunno:

#241 ·
I remember seeing those,but i didn't think anything about spacing out the wheels. Plus when i was over,i think you said they were already getting shipped. Do you think you'll come across anymore? I'd glady give these to you as an even exchange.
probably won't see them again for a while.like I said I've been doing Burnie's trucks lately.they are pretty affordable on eBay tho.

In zach's defense,i think he was just kidding around. I don't believe he was being an ass :dunno:
meh...I'm pretty sure it was intentional,maybe in a light manner.still delivers the same result.that meme has been used by other members known for troll like posting on this forum in the past.

#242 ·
They run like 110 bucks or so on ebay i think. Free is much more affordable currently,lol. That's why i was psyched about these. I hope to find a trade,but like i said,if i have to i can always sell them on ebay. I'll settle for 1" spacers,but i would love some 2" spacers. Prefferably 1" spacers on the front,because the spindles make the wheels stick out,then 2" on the rear so all 4 wheels stick out closely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.