S-10 Forum banner

Going up?

29K views 403 replies 28 participants last post by  Spennyman 
#1 ·
Little rough,but my new project and future daily.

1993 s10
2.6,5 speed manual transmission

Plans are to clean it up right now and do some tune-up stuff,and solve a small over-heating issue. After that i intend to put a mild lift on,and some 30's. Nothing too crazy,as i want a fairly simple truck.

See less See more
#108 ·
Free stuff,courtesy of blazerzr5

G80 locker. Probably going to put on CL and buy a whole axle (I don't know shit about installing a locker)

Cd player w/ remote

Digital cluster

And.......

I'm doing some work in exchange for these rims & tires

Wheels are getting painted black before installing them onto the truck. The tires are 235/75/15 all terrains. I will get them sunday or monday.. Super excited.

#110 ·
Just about anything. Mostly rock,rap,or country. Depends on my mood.

#113 ·
Even though I have two 4x4 Sseries with that size tire I've never really paid attention to the difference.235/55/16 on a 16x8 first version ZQ8 next to a 235/75/15 on a 15x7 2nd gen steelies. I think they're gonna rub.your gonna need spring&wheel spacers like those Pritchard guys:)

I figured you'd have radio installed pics by now,lol.

#114 ·
I haven't had a chance,plus i believe i'm missing a couple parts that i need to install. I'll look at it one night this week. Got a full schedule. I had 2 more people text me today,wanting me to do work. A guy i know wants me to haul off scrap,and my ex wants me to put in a radiator,plus i have my race this weekend.

Hopefully i can find time soon. Next thing i'll probably end up doing is putting on those wheels. And for the rubbing,like i said.. I have a sledge-hammer. I'll just do some sheetmetal work on the inner fenders,lol.

#116 ·
Digital cluster isnt going in anytime soon. I'll probably hang onto it until i get another s10. I'm supposed to do work/pick up the wheels & tires monday.

#117 ·
No issues really except today i noticed my rear seal on my transmission is leaking,and dripping fluid. So excited....... Not.

#118 ·
Old seal. Probably original to the truck. Looks good eh?

#120 ·
Gotta fix my parking brake.. It started wanting to roll out of gear today. Kinda pissing me off.. *sigh*

More pics will come later. I have to paint the wheels tonight or tommorow.

I found that both my upper,and lower balljoint on the passenger side are royally ****ed...so no more offroading until i can get new ones and find time to put them in. Also,the tires rub a little on the inner fenders,but gonna fix that with a hammer and about 5 minutes.

#123 ·
Never going to happen. My next vehicle will be static,with a v8 and slicks. I got the new upper and lower balljoints installed on the passenger side today. Total pain in the ass. Next up:

Oil change
Front wheel spacers
Paint wheels

Next major thing will be to install extended front brake lines,and 3" spindles. For now i'm just going to drive it and keep it running. Got some trips coming up,so need to save up.

#124 ·
Have you looked into prerunner control arms? I believe I've seen them before, could get those and swap in a 4x4 rear end for a wider stance? Just a suggestion for the long run. Looks good so far, definitely needs wider wheels and offset though!

#125 ·
Never heard of them for s10s. I have noticed however,that the lift spindles seem to make the front wheels stick out some. I'm going with 1/4" spacers front and rear for now. I will go 1/2" once i can buy/install some longer studs. I can only go 1/4" safely right now.

I have some new wheels in mind. Just cheap steel wheels. I will post pics later. I seen them in another guys thread,but he put them on a lifted 2nd gen. As for the rear,i'm eventually going to put in a 4x4 rear end,in hopes of finding a g80 one which is the factory limited slip.

Also i will eventually invest in a brand new set of tires. They will be bigger and way more aggressive tread,but that's a long ways off.

#127 ·
#128 ·
^lol! Those are the wheels that where on a '98 blazer 4x4 I parted out 6 months ago I told you about.I scrapped them.i just thought they where standard aftermarket cheapo wheels:) the effing center caps where chrome and said craiger but they where loose for some reason,idk?

#130 ·
Painted my wheels. It's not a show-quality job,but i don't intend to enter any shows. Just hated the silver/grey. I will probably have to do a couple more coats due to the original color wanting to show through (Damn you cheap paint..) plus the edges need painting and i want to wait and cover the tires before doing that.

Here's the best picture i could get,since it's dark right now. Will try and get one before work tommorow

#132 ·
I don't own a deck of cards,haha. I have a bunch of sale ads that i get in the mail though. I'll probably just use a bunch of them.

#133 ·

Rear bumper needs tightening a little too. I noticed it was sagging the other day. Dunno why,but it bugs me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.