S-10 Forum banner

Going up?

29K views 403 replies 28 participants last post by  Spennyman 
#1 ·
Little rough,but my new project and future daily.

1993 s10
2.6,5 speed manual transmission

Plans are to clean it up right now and do some tune-up stuff,and solve a small over-heating issue. After that i intend to put a mild lift on,and some 30's. Nothing too crazy,as i want a fairly simple truck.

See less See more
#52 ·
I may be interested if they're still around when i get a set of rims. Since you're a tire guy,any idea how much height the truck would gain if i were to go with tires that were 5" larger in overall diameter?

#54 ·
That's pretty much what i figured,but it seemed too simple.

#56 ·
i've got whatever the stock size 14's are. I am wanting to go with the 235/75/15's,and a 3 inch body lift for now. I've been researching and found a kit at summit for $82. I need to raise the bumpers though,and figure out how to make my radiator fan work. I dont want to go electric,but a 3" BL would make my fan shroud useless. I have heard something about lowering the radiator to keep it level with the fan,but i'm clueless. I feel like i did when i first started in bagged trucks..

#57 ·
Filled the transmission with fresh fluid and took it for a test drive. I didnt notice any coolant leakage,and the truck seemed to run fine. Coolant temp never budged,but i didnt drive it very far. It's ready for the road now,just needs the title transferred and a tag. I still need to get spark plug wires,new oil/filter,and a fuel filter soon. I'm going now to get some rattle can paint to match the trucks faded out paint,so i can fix the primer spots and stuff. Will be going soon to the u-pull it for a set of rims,grill,and fender flares. I also got a decent deal on a set of goodyear wrangler at's. $250 mounted. They're the tires that i actually had my eye on a while back. Going 235/75/15 on some flat-black steel rims. Still working on the lift. I would like 2.5" coils,but not until i atleast have tires on. Probably do some small wheel spacers for a slightly wider stance too. Nothing crazy though.

I need to clean the rest of the frame and paint it. Not a big deal,but the rust looks shitty and bothers me.

Out with the old,in with the new

Removed the little white strip from the bumpers so it's all black. Much better looking in my opinion. Next up is to paint both bumpers gloss black.

#58 ·
U-pull-it FTW!! I gotta go myself.I prefer pull-a-part over Barry's because they seem less expensive.thats the one I saw your truck in the lot I think,lol. I'm actually going this Sunday to both.

You ever go to Ace's? or any of the ones on/off shillinger or off old shell? I still gotta really see your trucks one day.its been at least a solid year since I've worked on and at least 3 years since I've owned a box body.I always had 4x4s though.Back then all I thought a 2wd was only good for parts for 4wd,lol.things have deffenetly changed since then.Im into the 4bangers right now.How does that 2.8 pull compared to the 4.3?

#59 ·
I prefer the pull a part. It's cheaper,and has way better body panels. Barrys stuff is all messed up and over-priced. The 2.8 is ok,but i can tell more power in the 4.3,however the 2.8 has adequate power. I don't have the funds yet for the junkyard. Gotta wait until payday and see what i have left. We'll have to go to one of the local cruise ins. I've got to see when steak and shake has their next one on schillinger.

#60 ·
My first S-series where a pair of 2door blazer 4wd,2.8,autos a '84&'87. I noticed the difference instantly once I got my '92 4door,4.3 vinW.I still say it was way badder than my '96! I'm still trying to get totaled pics from my boss! I sold it to his son and he rolled it after 6months of owning it.I had it for over 6 years.DD it in the winter in Ohio.drove it here 7 years ago with my tool box and a duffle bag of clothes.I still miss her:( ol'bessy #2,lol. I'm on #4 now:)

#61 ·
Found some rattle can paint that matches the faded factory paint almost exactly. I touched up the bare spots so it looks better. Still need another can or 2,but imo looks much better

I tried taking it for a test drive,only to find that my battery was DEAD. Dunno why. It's been cranking up fine each week. I hooked the 40amp charger to it for a few minutes and got it cranked and took it for a spin,then it cranked up after shutting off. Hesitated,but cranked. Advance says the battery is fine,but either it's ****ed or i have a parasitic drain on my electrical system.

Hope to title and tag it next week and start driving it. I found a couple 1/4" wheel spacers that i'm gonna throw on the back tuesday,then i'll order 2 more for the front soon. Before anyone gives me grief,i measured numerous times and made sure that i will have plenty of stud left to put all the lugs on. Next up is 2.5" front lift,and a set of factory fender flares. After that, the all terrain tires. Once that's done,i MAY do a 2" bodylift from summit. I want to keep my factory radiator fan though.

#62 ·
if you can get 2.5" coils up front, don't bother with a body lift. get the front coils, add-a-leaf kit or lift leafs, then drive it. i hate the look of body lifts personally, they're mainly to stop tire rub. I don't see you having any issues with 31's

#64 ·
Meh. I've seen some with bl's that look decent. I'm not planning anything bigger than 2" because after that,it would start to look bad. I'm only doing the 2.5" in the front to level it out some,then eventually putting on lift spindles and doing something to the rear to match the added height from spindles. I'm going small for now cause i have other stuff to purchase,but i plan to lift as high as i can with it being 2wd.

#68 ·
No thanks. I have the rings,but i took them off when i put the wheels onto this truck. I'm trying to avoid all chrome,except maybe the trailer ball (Can't really avoid that)

#71 ·
Craigslist. I looked in florida,mississippi,and even waaaay north alabama. I was about to drive 5+ hours for one,but couldnt get a ride. I may buy a third truck next year. I want a second generation chevy luv to drop a v8 into and make a drag truck.

#72 ·
Installed the spacers on the rear. Not too much of a difference that i can tell,but i couldn't go but 1/4" max. I'll have to install some longer studs if i do that. I wouldnt want more than 1/2" spacer though,even if i could go more.

Passenger side - before

Passenger side - after

#73 ·
driverside after the spacer,forgot to take a before

What the passenger side looks like from the back

Forgot to mention,i'm working on bartering for a set of 16" extreme wheels & tires. The current tires are slightly smaller than what i have now,but i can find taller tires for the 16s that i cant find for the 14s.

#77 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.