S-10 Forum banner

Going up?

29K views 403 replies 28 participants last post by  Spennyman 
#1 ·
Little rough,but my new project and future daily.

1993 s10
2.6,5 speed manual transmission

Plans are to clean it up right now and do some tune-up stuff,and solve a small over-heating issue. After that i intend to put a mild lift on,and some 30's. Nothing too crazy,as i want a fairly simple truck.

See less See more
#27 ·
I thought about that, my bagged truck has the plastic on top,but no plastic strips on the backside. I like that,but on this truck i'm not terribly picky. I kinda like the bumper that's on it now,but i thought about painting it black.

Once i fix the coolant leak,i'm going to try and pick up a set of 15" steel rims from the u-pull it,along with a set of black flares like i put on my '91. I'm anxious to get started,but not doing anything until it's actually driveable.

#28 ·
Didn't know you moved, looks lifted compared to your current daily :) Good luck with this one!

#29 ·
Pulled the slave cylinder,driveshaft,muffler,and drained the transmission. I need to unbolt the y-pipe,remove the crossmember,then unbolt the transmission & clutch/flywheel. I'm headed now to pick up 2 new freeze plugs. Should solve my problem with leaking coolant.

How it's gonna sit for the next couple weeks

#369 ·
Unbolting the Y pipe is usually risky business isn't it?Talk about master auto tech,haha Na but my buddy whose a mechanic wouldn't even touch a rotted Y pipe once,he said the screws could snap.
Luckily my exhaust is BRAND new haha,anyway I wanted to ask you does your '91 have that black little air intake elbow like your '93? Mine doesn't,if I don't end up putting a whole after market cold air intake soon I may head to the junk yard and grab one of those.

#32 ·
I finally figured out a way to get enough room to reach the top two transmission bolts and..... It's out. I got stopped by the flywheel though. It wanted to spin the crankshaft and i had no-one to help keep it still while i loosened the bolts. I'll most likely do that tommorow afternoon before heading home.

Hopefully once these freezeplugs are in,it will stop leaking and overheating. I'm ready to drive this mofo

#34 ·
If i had a good one,that would be nice. I got it off this morning,and next time i've over i'll replace the plugs and put it all back together.

#37 ·
Got the old freezeplugs out. The leaking one actually had a nice sized hole through it. Gotta wire brush the inside of the holes,then get the 3rd plug + some sealant and press them in tommorow. Should be ready for the road shortly.

#39 ·
All 3 freezeplugs are done.

Flywheel on and torqued. This is how my day ends,because i left my clutch alignment tool at home. I'll be back to finish tuesday though. Gotta figure out which version of the t5 transmission i have,so i know if i need atf or gear oil.

#41 ·
Decent for the mileage. It wont idle when first cranked,but press the gas pedal for a few seconds and it'll stay running. I am going to change fuel filter and check the driver-side spark plugs (checked the passenger ones before)

#42 ·
I was just looking through your thread here, I like it. As for shackles, those look a little janky to me bro. I picked up new beefy, and I mean you could kill the fat guy next door BEEFY shackles on Ebay for 39 bucks shipped

#44 ·
I will get to replacing them shortly. Just havent had the funds.

#45 ·
Lol alright, no death for you! The more I keep looking at it, the more I want to build a square Dime lol You aren't helping me any lol

#46 ·
All i pretty much do are square bodies. I would like to add a 2 door blazer to my collection,and a chevy luv.

How my day started

How it ended

Cranked it up and didnt see any leakage. I need to get a couple quarts of transmission fluid to replace the old fluid that i drained,but otherwise it's done. Now i need to thoroughly test drive it,then get my title/tag done so i can daily drive this one instead of the bagged s10.

#47 ·
^I don't think you ever mentioned what you paid for it? what do they go for nowadays? Ive seen nice ones online going for decent prices! I don't know about here.its like anything I guess,depends on how you get it.I don't even look at trucks older then '96 lol.It's been years since I've owned a box body. You find it on Craigslist?

#48 ·
875. I talked him to 900 at first from 990. The brake lights didnt work when I got to pensacola and i had to drive to the store for fuses and he came down to 875 on his own (although I had planned to talk him lower anyways )

#49 ·
I gotta teach you a lesson on haggling,lol. I recently bought a '00 Sonoma off Craigslist.the PO was asking $2,200 for it.he claimed it was in excellent condition both body and interior,just needed engine work according to his mechanic.he said it booked out at $4,800.worse case scenario it would need an engine and would cost $2,500.So,he deducted that and,came up with his asking price.I brought my '01 to come look at it,explained to him that my truck is only in good condition(actually its almost showroom,lol)making his truck poor condition.picked the truck apart for every flaw and,offered him $800.we ended up agreeing to $1,200.I drove it home dead missing/putting/check engine light flashing and with in 20min had it purring for $35 in parts,lol.

I still say if we traded trucks for a week you'd convert to second gen:) I was exactly like you 7 years ago.I drove a '92 4door 4x4 blazer LT. I aquired it's twin only in second gen in hopes to fix it up and resell it.color and everything.after I got it running I started driving it to work out the bugs.My '92 sat for what was supposed to be a week or two turned into 6months and I ended up selling my '92 instead:) I owned that truck for 5years and turned to second gens after 5 days of driving one.I owned a square body since I was 15.probably owned a dozen over a 10 year period.Always thought the squares where classic and easier to work on.they are classic but,the second gens are actually easier to work on,lol.and 10x nicer.

#50 ·
Meh. I've ridden in a few second gens,and almost bought one when i was 18 but didnt. I'm not a fan of the dash. Havent came across any of those tires yet i guess?

#51 ·
The second gens have 2 different dash designs just like the first gen.they can't both be that bad? lol

I have the same two 235/75/15s I mentioned last time we talked.15" aren't as common as 16"&17" anymore.to get a full set is rare but,does happen once in a while.heres what I do have in that size.they are Uniroyal larado 235/75/15 I'll take $20 for both.

They're black wall BTW.looks like dirty ass raised whites on one side at first glance.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.