S-10 Forum banner

Going up?

29K views 403 replies 28 participants last post by  Spennyman 
#1 ·
Little rough,but my new project and future daily.

1993 s10
2.6,5 speed manual transmission

Plans are to clean it up right now and do some tune-up stuff,and solve a small over-heating issue. After that i intend to put a mild lift on,and some 30's. Nothing too crazy,as i want a fairly simple truck.

See less See more
#4 ·
I felt something shaking once i got back to mobile with the truck.. Wonder why?

Inside once i cleaned a little

Before i cleaned out the 20lbs of dirt and trash..

Rear

Front

Engine bay

I've never seen adjustable shackles on a first gen..?

Thinking about installing the 30s onto these rims,after painting them flat-black.

And ignore the 2.6 in my previous post... I meant 2.8 obviously

#7 ·
Soon as funds allow. I'm going to be hitting up parts stores first,to fix the overheating and for plugs/wires cause it's hard to idle when you first crank. I also have to fix some rigged battery wiring. Once it runs good,i plan to look around for tires.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Kiko,You know I work at a shop that sells tired right? I get some good used tires and discount on tires both from work and ATD! I got several used 15" tires at the house too,that can hold ya till you get those. I also have access to an alignment rack with the newest hunter machine.

#10 ·
Did not know that,but that's awesome. Pm me your # or something and i'll get with you on some tires.

#12 ·
Got this over the weekend and i thought it would be funny. Can't see it on the back,cause of the tint,so for now it's on the front.

Wtf is this on the coils??

Random shots after replacing 3 of the rims/tires with my old stocks,and washing thoroughly

#13 ·
thats a 'lift' aid, basically the WRONG way to get some lift from sagging springs, they ultimately bend the spring, which looks to have happened, so plan on some new springs for that while you are at it. I have a set of springs in my basement you can have for the cost of shipping if you want, they were from my old truck, they are z85s (heavy duty) and were removed at around 88kmi

#14 ·
Thats ok. If i have to pull the coils,i'm going to go ahead and buy a set of lift coils that i've been wanting. I can kill two birds with one stone.

#17 ·
Fixed a leaky radiator cap,but i'm leaking coolant from somewhere around the rear of the engine. I can see it dripping. I looked for a few minutes,but was in church clothes so i couldnt get too into it. Hopefully i'll figure it out tuesday. Any ideas? I can see it dripping by the starter.

#19 ·
I kneeled down and looked under the truck,and it looked like it was running down the engine where it bolts to the trans.

#20 ·
lol ya man someone already lifted that thing. those are spring spreaders to lift the front like someone else already mentioned. The shackles are advanced auto parts special, $15 jobbers. They are really weak, because they don't have a cross brace. You might look into getting a better set.

EDIT: Driveway Kustoms hit the nail on the head already, guess I shoulda read the whole thread before I posted

#21 ·
I don't really know the 2.8's but I know the 4.3's have a heater hose with a quick connect fitting right on the back of the manifold, just a thought.

Those are some sketchy ass lifts man, get lift shackles, add a leaf, and get lift coils. done. Love the steelies you posted in the first post, are they 15x8? should look great if they're an aggressive offset!

Need anything let me know, lots of shit left over from the various trucks...

#23 ·
doesnt appear to be the heater hose. It looks like it's coming from the back of the engine,where it bolts to the transmission. I did research an apparently there's a freeze plug back there that will corrode and leak. To get to it,you have to pull the transmission,flywheel,clutch,etc.

Going to pay a mechanic i know to look at it. I atleast fixed the alternator to starter wire today. They had one on that just BARELY was long enough. Gonna do the whole big 3 upgrade sometime later this year.

#25 ·
Thanks. If it turns out to be the freeze plug,i'll do the work myself. Shouldnt be hard to pull that tiny transmission. And in my previous post,i ,eant battery to alternator wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.