frankendime - Page 6 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

frankendime

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #251

User is: OffLine
Re: frankendime

I'm surprised I just found this thread. This is great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #252
Yes, they're all mine

Quote: Originally Posted by joedoh
I have tried a magnaflow and it sounded like splatter farting in a metal trash can.
I literally laughed out loud when I read that...

Truck is awesome, I had forgot about it. Congrats on getting it rolling, I know the journey all to well and its an amazing feeling :thumbsup:
Old 12-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #253

This is pretty rad!!! Keep up this great work. You already know we are here to help in any way we can!!! 317-856-1810 http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.aspx
Old 12-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #254
WTFWBJD

Wow.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #255
I don't feel tardy

thanks guys. my brother pointed out the steering wheel has a corvette center cap, I like it a lot.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:52 AM   #256
I don't feel tardy

ugh. these headlights are giving me fits. both fuses were blown, so I replaced them and the DRLs came on. I like the look of the dim highbeam (H3).

but after driving a bit, the low beams (HID) came on too, unexpectedly. then when I was leaving walmart, I tried turning on the lights (it was dusk) and the headlights went out again. blown fuses.

I dont understand why just yet. it is just a basic four bulb setup replaced by a basic four bulb setup. I have the low beam wires (both) triggering a high current relay for the HID ballasts, and the high beam wires (both) direct to an H3 bulb. The only thing I can figure is the H3 bulbs are drawing too much current and I need a high current relay for each high beam. I have no idea why both the highs and lows are coming on arbitrarily, I have the 660ohm resistor in the daylight sensor so the autolamps should be off. I would like to keep DRL if I can, because it looks pretty cool to have the dim yellow glow in the 7" housings. Any thoughts?

edit: when I left walmart, only the drivers HID was on, and then when I turned the headlights on both came on. I just remembered that. I know I have the right wires to the relays, so its mystifying why one low beam wants to come on.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:46 AM   #257
WTFWBJD

Sure there's nothing pinched or chaffed anywhere? Could the headlight or dimmer switch be bad?
Old 12-30-2014, 02:51 AM   #258
I don't feel tardy

hmm I do have a second dimmer switch with the cruise parts on it. I should switch it out tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:55 AM   #259
WTFWBJD

I hate chasing electrical crap. lol
Old 01-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #260
I don't feel tardy

havent messed with anything, its been cold and my garage is still full of remodel

so that this thread is not worthless:
Old 01-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #261

nice man!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:01 AM   #262
I don't feel tardy

thanks bean.

truck is parked for now, it wont rev very much over 4500 rpm and rattles like a mini diesel at idle, so I am 99.9% sure the timing chain tensioner is shot and the timing has skipped a few teeth. Ordered up a new timing set, is secure power a good brand? I changed out the plugs and wires and the plugs were slightly gas fouled (one of the guys who worked on it tried starting it for about an hour with a bad ground)

I did have it on the highway the other day and even though it topped out about 75 it still felt pretty nice just cruising along. It gets amazing mileage.

while I was ordering stuff and knowing the truck would just be sitting here, I did order a carpet kit from ACC mats that I will try to install tomorrow, and some dual needle gauges for the little larry install, and an underdrive crank pulley, and picked out the bed wood which will definitely go in this weekend because it will be 64 degrees. I am going to use the silvered trex composite from home depot.

got some CLR to take care of some of the surface rust on the bed, then I will paint the stripe and install bed trim. lots to do in the down time!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 AM   #263

Man I need this thing in my life lol
Old 01-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #264
Registerd User

Kickass truck man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.