S-10 Forum banner

DD Penelope

17K views 179 replies 17 participants last post by  TokoDragon 
#1 ·
Well here she goes. Finally starting my own thread...

2003 chevy s10 zr2 5spd

when I first got her

she was neglected by her previous owner so I had to take care of her
this list goes on but the big ones were:
clutch
rear brakes/rotors
tires
intake manifold gasket

I threw on my black steelies because those N90s are hideous

also put my rear 1.25"spacers on

only downside to these black steelies were they weighed a crap load and hurt my mpg but it was worth the poke... and rubbing:D

*stock ride height haven't touched it, nor have the T-bars been turned

now winter started to show its face so I picked up a set of PA3s from my work for next to nothing and threw those on. just because I didn't want all the salt n crap on the body

^also found a little mud hole near my house hence the mud

I fixed the headlights and switched the "clear" turn signals for stock ones because they were falling apart.

much more to come!

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya same here, but after she got stollen it felt like a different truck. She was real good to me and took the abuse I put her through very well. But it's time for something new and a 5spd :)

#5 ·
The 5-speed makes all the difference!

Too bad about the clear corners, I like how they look.

Looks like you turned your cup holder into a coin tray, does the shifter smashing your drinks annoy you as much as it annoys me?

I'm switching to 60/40 seats and small console because of it.

Also weird that you have 1 aux port under the dash, mine has 2 there.

#6 ·
The 5-speed makes all the difference!

Too bad about the clear corners, I like how they look.

Looks like you turned your cup holder into a coin tray, does the shifter smashing your drinks annoy you as much as it annoys me?

I'm switching to 60/40 seats and small console because of it.

Also weird that you have 1 aux port under the dash, mine has 2 there.
love the 5spd, too bad my tires are sticky as s#!t so its harder to slide in the rain.

yeah I like to clear corners too, but those ones were really cheap n ugly almost looks like they were an egg shell colour. ive been looking at some clear ones with leds....

HAHAHAHAA OMG YES! such a stupid design but I mostly use that bottom cup holder for random change/ my phone. top one is where my drinks go. and I make my passenger hold their drinks haha. im alittle ashamed of how messy the interior was for that pic...:bash:

yeah idk bout the aux port. the guy before also ran an ipod cable u can barely see the end of it in the little tray behind the sun glasses. does me no good since I have the 5s now and its got a diff plug in

#7 ·
well did some more repairs today. The rad started to leak so I replaced it with a new one. also decided this was a perfect time to replace the leaking oil cooler lines.

working pretty hard/fast so I was only able to snap 1 quick pic.

the new rad is about 1/2" thicker than the stock one....not sure why but hey more cooling the better.

#8 ·
You might like the setup I'm looking for, I want a 2003+ 60/40 with matching console.

It can seat 3 people up front, I did it with my old S10 but it better be someone hot because it gets pretty intimate with a passenger in the middle.

It has 2 more cup holders attached to the front of the seats well out of the way of the shifter. So it actually has more cup holders than the big console. Also the arm rest has a storage box inside of it and has a cool removable coin holder.

You would just need to replace the driver seat, and swap consoles, the passenger seat is a regular bucket.

Hows the new radiator doing?

#9 ·
yeah i never really knew about the 60/40split with the different shifter/consol until you mentioned it. im not too worried about it though, my set-up is fine for me and doing the swap seems like un-needed work. The Rad has been great so far, had to add about half a litre the other morning to top her up. but I think shes worked all the bubbles out and is all good.

other than that she's pretty much up to my standards....mechanically speaking...

#10 ·
no additions to my baby, weather is too cold. but there will be a "facelift" in spring/summer time so get excited:rolleyes:

in the meantime here is acouple pics to hold you over

this ones a little edited

#13 ·
thanks guys. idk why everybody hates the N90s but to me they look like the "cheap" version of s10 wheels, plus mine were missing a center cap/had curb rash n stuff on em. I got those Pa3s from my work for a steal of a deal so why not, they make good winter wheels.

#15 ·
coolest "stock" rim :p I got some ideas for new wheels in the new year, its hard to find good wheels that don't look like poop, but to each their own...

your truck will be good as new before you know it, its just gonna take some work/time.

#17 ·
^yeah I hear ya on the all black interior. nothing says your classy like a spotless black interior.
i like the indigo aswell its a good colour. I wasn't super picky on the colour though since I looked for 2+yrs for this thing. but if it was yellow I would have gotten it painted

#18 ·
^ lol ,

The Sunburst orange would have been a cool color to get.

I didn't care for the indigo when I bought mine, but it was to perfect in every other aspect to not buy it. Now that I have the chance to repaint my truck I think I'm going to paint it indigo again.

Seems to be a popular color, several on here, and also I think half the ZR2s I see locally are indigo.

#19 ·
Seems to be a popular color, several on here, and also I think half the ZR2s I see locally are indigo.
^ trudat.

*I snagged a new addition for Penelope!(free from work, of course) pic coming tomorrow, get excited.

#23 ·
^ your talking about my front bumper? yeah I never really payed any attention to that...but that's cool I guess lol.

mirrors are cool, theyre heated/power aswell. only down side is they're a little harder to see out and if they/or your side windows are dirty good luck seeing anything in them, also they don't fold in.

**edit: I do have my rear 1.25" spacers on currently in case anybody noticed... which I doubt it....

#26 ·
I bought some SS look-a-like mirrors that are power and never even tried to put them on, not really sure why I bought them lol.

I didn't notice your spacers because I have some also, so your truck looks good.
When people notice your rear wheels tucked in more then there is a problem haha.

Also funny your plate has B2200, lol

or bx2200

#27 ·
yeah the indigo is a GOOD dark colour as well so it always looks good. I've only seen 1red zr2 near me. if I could have my choice of factory colour itd be pewter or black, and a gmc not a chevy...with all black interior :p

yeah the authentic ss mirrors are worth it if your a name brand hor like I am. never been a fan of knockoffs, always saved up for the reals:pimp:

#28 ·
felt alittle loss of power near the top of 4th on the highway, compared to normal. felt like there was a restriction of some sort....
long story short I changed the air cleaner and put a new fuel filter in.

all nice and snug inside the garage for the weekend :tup:

*To Each Their Own*
|
|
V :D

#30 ·
How is it running now?

I've driven a handful of the other small pick-ups dakota-tacoma-ranger etc and the 5-speed ZR2 just had the best feel. Should be even nicer with a flaming river rag joint and ZQ8 steering box.

yeah the authentic ss mirrors are worth it if your a name brand hor like I am. never been a fan of knockoffs, always saved up for the reals
Yeah I bought them because they were $30 bucks, cheap even for the knock-offs, but now that I tow the boat I'm not putting smaller mirrors on lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.