Curing cancer + custom build up - Page 2 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Curing cancer + custom build up

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #51

User is: OffLine
Re: Curing cancer + custom build up

Quote: Originally Posted by prupnurp
Great start on this project. Can't wait to see more!
You and me both!
Quote: Originally Posted by ridinlow
I like where this is going. Was it a pita to install the bolt in hinges?
Actually it wasn't that bad.. I went into it thinking it was gonna suck ass drilling out and grinding all those plug welds but I bought a new set of Cobalt steel drill bits and they went through 'em like butter. The part that sucked the most was the cost of the drivers side hinges which were $90/ea
Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #52
Yes, they're all mine

User is: Online

Looks really good so far!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #53
Inferno Fab

Damn that hood came out real nice!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #54

UPDATES!! I haven't really made any progress on the Blazer, it's just been sitting outside since winter. Covered sometimes, mostly uncovered. It's held up tremendously with no more rust issues and that's with standing puddles on the floor for days/weeks! All of the body work is donezo and just needs to be wet-sanded and sprayed. A couple of weeks ago I pulled my doors back out of hiding and bought a dryer lint brush to get all the way up in the doors around the window where I rewelded the window track so I could remove any burnt paint etc. inside and then I coated the insides of the doors with a rust preventative.

This is the paint tool I used to spray in the door posts...

I figured before I spray the truck I'm gonna start tackling the suspension so I don't ruin the paint. AND THIS IS WHERE I WILL NEED HELP FROM ALL OF THE KNOWLEDGEABLE SFA GUYS!! I ordered the James Duff Radius Arm Kit and got it yesterday. The kit looks pretty straight forward as far as HOW to mount it to the frame, the part I lack experience is the geometry and WHERE to locate the brackets on the frame.

My Somewhat of a Plan:
Use Ballistic Fabs adjustable coil buckets and shock towers
Pro Comp 15x10 wheels with 2.5" backspacing (that brings the tires closer together vs a 4" backspace, right?)
I'll be mocking everything up with some used 35x14.5 Nittos but not sure the size tire I will ultimately use
Move the axle forward a couple? inches
I have no idea where to begin with choosing springs Ballistic says: 5.5" OD spring (TJ Jeep front coils)
Does anyone see any red flags or shit that's not going to work together? Any and all feedback is welcomed!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.