S-10 Forum banner

BIG RED 93 s10 tahoe

13K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Just a Skidmark 
#1 · (Edited)
heres my project thread! I'm sure I'll never be baggin' or slammin' or lowering it at all. ever. but I will be restoring it! here's how it looked when I bought it a week ago, and pretty much how it sits at the moment, don't you worry! more to come! I've already painted the trim on the bumper and jacked it up to fix the bend on the driver's side, We've done a few litle things, timed it etc to get it to pass emmisions and I'll be putting in a new headliner this weekend! :D

:checkit:

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a solid foundation. Needs some cleaning, pick up a bottle of Simple Green and get at it! Also whats with the weather proof receptacle in the box?

#5 ·
yeah we're going to take it to a car wash to clean out the engine compartment, my dad doesn't want all of the crap (theres ALOT more mud deeper down) on our nicely pressure washed driveway. which is fine because I'm the one that gets to pressure wash the driveway, and it takes like 4 hours.

it was in there because the guy had it hooked up to an inverter in the front seat and hooked up freezers in the bed. He sold italian ices out of the back of his truck. I've already ripped that thing out.

#8 · (Edited)
NEW HEADLINER!!
I bought the roll of the stuff, not the pre-shaped headliner, installed it myself. the foam uunder the old headliner was so old that I had to get it off with a stiff-bristled brush, and the headliner was sagging worse than the pants of a 16 year old getto kid. looks good now! once I get the right door panels I think I'm going to get more of the same material and luse it on the upper part of the panel, remove the pockets on the doors and use it there too, and paint the rest of the panels/ dash black. oh and do the sunvisors of course.

#9 ·
Looks nice! Very good start. And that is good advice, really clean the truck, a complete interior and exterior detail should take 6-7 hours, you will be suprised at the difference. My truck looked like shit when my dad gave it to me, probably worth 2 grand. Now its near perfect and worth 4,700 bucks. I got it painted and made the mistake of choosing maaco and doing no prep work. DO ALL PREP WORK YOURSELF! You will save a lot of money and get it done right. I spent more than 2 grand to get my truck painted and its less than perfect. I could have done the work myself right and it would only cost 3-4 hundred. Maaco will lay down a really nice coat of paint they are just lazy and tape everything off instead of removing it (weatherstrip, etc.).

Good luck and have fun with the truck!

Also, dont paint your interior, dye it. Dye still comes in a spray paint can, but is flexible but wont chip and look like shit, do the prep work right so you dont have to re-dye it again when it chips!

#19 · (Edited)
Polishing a Turd

last weekend, while we were replacing the a/c clutch and recharging it, I decided to do a mall cosmetic update on my truck. I decided to spruce upu the stock airbox a little bit.

materials I used:
a wire brush
time
a pencil
tape
a plastic bag
black krylon paint (I had some extra lying around)
clear rustoleum engine enamel (cost my 7 bucks)

what I did was spend about 6 hours of quality time with a wire brush and the air cleaner. I decided to get creative with the paint scheme, because I was working some awsome blisters on my hands.

before:

after:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.