Bean's New Dip {PROJECT ZR2} - Page 24 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Bean's New Dip {PROJECT ZR2}

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #1151
Electrical Mod

User is: OffLine
Re: Bean's New Dip {PROJECT ZR2}

Bumper air tanks are pretty common, but normally they are round pipe bumpers which are easy to turn into air tanks.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #1152
ItAintNatural

I know that people run them there on bagged trucks, but on a truck dedicated to offroad use, those bumpers are designed and made to take a thrashing for a reason, right?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #1153
Kulaid Man

Quote: Originally Posted by aaronweisler
I know that people run them there on bagged trucks, but on a truck dedicated to offroad use, those bumpers are designed and made to take a thrashing for a reason, right?
I DO see the point you're making here, however, given that you've made your point, you've contributed to the design process and now there's no way he can make his bumpers hold tanks without ensuring that they're adequately protected. Unless he starts on designing without checking S10 forum.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #1154
Petitioning Low Rollers

Plus its not like the bumper is super thin unless the hits something full force I doubt there will be issues
Old 06-25-2014, 04:09 AM   #1155
Tech Mod

above all those "issues" turning them into air tanks, comes the biggest one and that is having to strip the paint off to work on them....i could do it, but honestly IMO its more trouble than its worth, and in the end since i use them for recovery i dont think it would help out much being there is 150 psi of air in the bumper WHILE i being pulled on via winch or snatch strap. if they were tube bumpers sure, but not this shape....i will probably do dual 2.5 gallon tanks in the bed or something....just have to plan things out.

speaking of giving the bumpers a beating... cant scrap out this car and leave it alone, am i right? We ended up shooting it up with my AR15 and some .45 too. amongst other various calibers. I gave the car a light tap, but if it had more weight the damage would be more....still plenty though considering the door striker frame is pretty thick.

Currently uploading a video, may post it tomorrow since its still uploading but we went to the creek for the first time in forever....its way overgrown and a few trees fell over blocking our path resulting in us to go through some thick brush....got a few hefty scratches from it too.
Untitled by bean4dip, on Flickr

of course did some buffing to remove all of them. wont bore you guys with pics of that..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #1156
Tech Mod

Used the bubba rope at the end. best money spent on a rope IMO. We will have a lot more interesting 4x4 videos later but this was a last minute trip.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #1157

Nice! From the camera angle it looked like you was going to take the top off your truck when you went under the bridge
Old 06-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #1158
Mr. Sparkle

Sweet Video!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #1159

Nice videos! Love the truck man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.