85 350 Drift? Blazer - Page 6 - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

85 350 Drift? Blazer

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Member Forums > Member Projects
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #251
I have terrible luck...

User is: OffLine
Re: 85 350 Drift? Blazer

Quote: Originally Posted by Tuckin15's
That's what I said too...I pulled one of the bricks out and I could grab the whole body and shake it up and down..I guess that's about as safe as driving without brakes, hahaha
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #252
It's shart week!

Quote: Originally Posted by FER86GTI
lol seriously man, take your pissed off self somewhere else. you just wasting your time here.
You're ignorant as shit.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #253
bitches and hos

heres a video of me drifting my old truck
Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #254
Ticket Magnet

That's it??
Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #255
bitches and hos

thats the only video we ever got of it
Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #256

There is a reason they went away with single master cylinders man.

Without a split master cylinder and prop valve, if you have a line blow out, or caliper piston blow out or ANY kind of failure in your front brakes, you're done.

I know you THINK the rears have been non working all these years, but even if your auto adjusters are froze solid and it doesnt apply the rear brakes when you try to stop, if you blow out the front brakes, it wont take long for those wheel cylinders to pump up and apply the rear brakes, you may have to pump the pedal twice but you WILL stop. It can be a pretty scary feeling having no brakes and only engine brakeing at highway speeds.

I know you are going to fix it, just throwing that out there.

And whats with all the ebrake talk?

Throttle through the drift, tires spinning 5 mph over the actuall speed will have more traction than tires spinning 30 mph over the actuall speed, you control the drift through the power. I feel sorry for the driveline when people are locking up the tires instantly at 60 mph O.O

Different story on a fwd car and when you are stopping a wheel drum and hubbearing.

Proceed with the hackary

but seriously, this isnt a go kart, you should really slow down and do things a little more professional or if this is the best you can do have a mechanic friend give you a hand and teach you some stuff. No only for a safty standpoint but nobody likes breaking down man.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #257
It's shart week!

Dude, drifters use handbrakes.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #258

Just doesnt seem like a very precise way to do a drift. I can see a fwd using it so they dont have to transfer as much momentum to the rear of the vehical to initiate a drift, figured 100% throttle was the best way to do it.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #259
ELTC

Quote: Originally Posted by J_SIN
a few things...

do parts regularly fall off your vehicles?

judging by your blazer, you either spend a large majority of your money on hookers, or you get some really cheap hookers with the left over money from not buying stupid stuff like rear brakes.

please only kill yourself with that rolling death trap
always wanted to use this and finally it fits!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #260

Quote: Originally Posted by mostizzle
Those brakes were just dead weight.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #261

Quote: Originally Posted by superbee
Just doesnt seem like a very precise way to do a drift. I can see a fwd using it so they dont have to transfer as much momentum to the rear of the vehical to initiate a drift, figured 100% throttle was the best way to do it.
initiating a drift without handbrake is usually called a throttle over drift, and its used by beginners. it is initiated at the end of a corner, and its for people that are not comfortable with using the handbrake yet, to initiate the drift before the corner, to drift all the way through.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #262

K gotchya

now back to the drift blazer :rofl:
Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #263
I have terrible luck...

I like superbee's blazer, that's nicee.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #264

Thanks. I just wish I had some damn parts so i can get the engine put back together and a new tranny in it!!! Havent drivin it in like half a year!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #265
It's shart week!

Take the brakes off and drift that sum muh bitch!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #266
Budget Ballin FTS!

1st off- Telling the kid to drive off a cliff and kill his self, thats a bit extreme for real. I mean, I would rather see that, than him kill 18 kids on a bus.... But just wishing that on someone, is wrong on so many levels.

2nd- OP, DONT I say DO NOT drive that truck til you have the rear brakes on it. If you do. Dont post on here telling us bc everyone is just going to bash you more.

3rd- 96Blazer and J-sin....... You guys give me LOLs everytime you grace the keyboard with your strokes....... hahaha
Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #267

Quote: Originally Posted by mostizzle
Take the brakes off and drift that sum muh bitch!
It's all about weight reduction. See dudes, you just don't understand since your not a racing car driver....

It's okay though.... You'll learn
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #268
Budget Ballin FTS!

Oh, well now i understand, Its just that I dont understand. Thanks for helping me understand
Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #269
I have terrible luck...

hehe look at 1low4x4's location...
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #270

Quote: Originally Posted by 85Monster
hehe look at 1low4x4's location...
There is a store downtown salt lake city that sells shirts " I (heart) SL,UT" lol
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #271
Budget Ballin FTS!

Best town EVER
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #272

[QUOTE=FER86GTI;7761635] bought new rear rotors and pads and front pads.

took everything brake wise off the rear end until i run the ebrake setup. the old rear end didnt have brakes so it feels the same besides having a 3:73 and not a 2:73.

i swapped rear ends while tony was making me a master cylinder plug for the rear brakes.

the new rear end. i need to clean it and paint it when we take the trans out and do the ebrake setup.]

Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #273
Budget Ballin FTS!

Just stick a self tapping screw in the brake line and put the fitting back on, you will be happy.......

ha,
Old 03-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #274

first off

LOL

second, front brakes will stop that tin can just fine, **** it. and for a drift set up running a hydraulic handbrake to the rears to be able to slow down and drift into a corner

-I get it- and you know, it will work fine.

You guys jumping off the lawl bridge saying he's and idiot and he's gonna kill people, well **** he might, but front brakes and hand hydrolic rear brakes along with a stick shift is still safer than half the shit on the road. I think alot of you would be surprised to tear your rear drums apart and see whats left of your drums...

Will it drift? yea, it will be a bit squirly because its so short, but with a zq8 box and some time it will be more than controllable. The ****ing thing isn't going to flip over, if you think that, well, your retarded. I road race and autox my blazer often and it's never been close to flipping. the stresses of lateral forces are alot less when drifting then autox, trust me...

Although this is not a pretty blazer it does have some charactor. Fer guy, don't let the wuss lowrider guys get you down, half of them don't even know how their trucks got lowered in the first place, and they've never tried to work on their own shit anyway. Worst thing that can happen is the engine catches on fire, the brakes fail, and it starts getting tipsy. If that happens just point it at a ditch, and jump out.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #275
I have terrible luck...

haha I like that guy^^
Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #276

Quote: Originally Posted by BMFB
first off

LOL

second, front brakes will stop that tin can just fine, **** it. and for a drift set up running a hydraulic handbrake to the rears to be able to slow down and drift into a corner

You guys jumping off the lawl bridge saying he's and idiot and he's gonna kill people, well **** he might, but front brakes and hand hydrolic rear brakes along with a stick shift is still safer than half the shit on the road. I think alot of you would be surprised to tear your rear drums apart and see whats left of your drums...

Will it drift? yea, it will be a bit squirly because its so short, but with a zq8 box and some time it will be more than controllable. The ****ing thing isn't going to flip over, if you think that, well, your retarded. I road race and autox my blazer often and it's never been close to flipping. the stresses of lateral forces are alot less when drifting then autox, trust me...

Although this is not a pretty blazer it does have some charactor. Fer guy, don't let the wuss lowrider guys get you down, half of them don't even know how their trucks got lowered in the first place, and they've never tried to work on their own shit anyway. Worst thing that can happen is the engine catches on fire, the brakes fail, and it starts getting tipsy. If that happens just point it at a ditch, and jump out.

you ****ing stupid
Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #277

first off

LOL

OP defending self? And if you haven't realized most of us "lowriders" do our own work
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #278
It's shart week!

first off

LOL

Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #279

first off

LOL

Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #280
Budget Ballin FTS!

first off

LOL

So your telling me that some how a 1500hp Indy Alky injected bottle fed 572 just found its way into my daytona and the full tube chassis built its self?

Or that Mo didnt know he had a "gay oldsmobile front end" (Im sure mo remembers where that came from"

Or that Nathan doesnt know how his truck got like it did?

Oh wait we all woke up one morning and all that shit was done and everyone on this site, oh wait, Half of the people on this site walked out side one morning and was like "what the faafafafafafa happened to my truck?!?"
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #281
Saving for Turbo

first off

LOL

LAWL, first off there not "lowriders", and your a dipshit thanks for trying but you are now gonna get raped.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #282
It's shart week!

It's OK everybody, they're frans.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #283

you guys like using meme's to try to get your points across, that's pretty cool

Most people on here are just s-10 enthusiasts with rims, blocks, and torched springs. Throw some LED tail lights and some halo's on and you have another quarter...and look, if your some kid who just got their feelings hurt because you got referred to as a 'lowrider fag' then bring on the rape! I wanna see how bad you can hurt my feelings...hey, you should post up some picks of you not lowrider and put me in my place, I wanna see all the work you've done to it.

Now bear with me, with the original point, the trucks rough, but the plans not too bad really. hell, at least he's trying to do something that hasn't been done by every high schooler that has had an s-10, maybe if you guys got out more you could appreciate that.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #284
No longer a pizza tech.

Most people on here are just s-10 enthusiasts with rims, blocks, and torched springs. Throw some LED tail lights and some halo's on and you have another quarter...and look, if your some kid who just got their feelings hurt because you got referred to as a 'lowrider fag' then bring on the rape! I wanna see how bad you can hurt my feelings...hey, you should post up some picks of you not lowrider and put me in my place, I wanna see all the work you've done to it.

Now bear with me, with the original point, the trucks rough, but the plans not too bad really. hell, at least he's trying to do something that hasn't been done by every high schooler that has had an s-10, maybe if you guys got out more you could appreciate that.
His idea is alright, his execution totally fails. In every mod done you can clearly see that little to no thought was put in to it. And this doesnt even count the removal of the rear brakes.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #285
I own <several ties>

You must frequent a Honda forum and think you're on it right now. Most people here don't heat coils and rock out some halo lights.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #286

name one person that has posted in this thread that fits your description.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #287
Blitzkreig.

I can get LED and halo lights for my 1st gen?! Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I'm going to down grade my truck, pull the 4.3, put back in the stock 2.8. Yeah. Then I'll go find some old springs and cut them. Remove my spindal and put a stock one in. Oh, can't forget to remove my rear brakes.

Brbfacetatbecauseracecardriver.trx.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #288

.hey, you should post up some picks of you not lowrider and put me in my place, I wanna see all the work you've done to it.
heres a "pick" of my "not low rider" that i got stock and did all the work so eat shit bitch

Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #289

Such a focking idiot.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #290
I have terrible luck...

Sas10, roll bar+lights!!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #291

after 8 seconds of searching I found one....and few guys that admitted to torching springs, although that's not really important.

[/QUOTE]

anyway, at least when he got rid of his rear brakes he plugged them right? hell, he could have just bent the lines over. You guys get really focused on the whole brakes thing not being safe and I agree its not the best, but for what the truck is doing it'll be fine. Hell, I'd rather be riding with no rear brakes then a skyjacked s-10. You think 30% (and realistically, its prolly closer to 15%) less braking is bad, wait till you have to slam on the brakes and make a quick turn in something thats too tall and too narrow

sas10, that looks pretty good, I never got into the riden' high thing. I had a trail rider that I used to take around that was just a 2 inch lift on 30's and that was alot of fun, but the 4.3 didn't have the torque for all out mudding. do you do anything with that or is it just 4sho? also, don't takes so personal, it makes you look stupid. Also, not to undermine your work, but it doesn't take much to lift an s-10. As long as you have donor front axle it goes together pretty nice with the right bolt on parts...

but no, i've never seen halo's for a 1st gen, but quite a few for 2nd gens. I've thought about putting HID's in my 2 first gens but I've been presently surprised with the light coming off the regular bulb. I might do it in the HS Blazer for kicks, HA!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #292

sas10, that looks pretty good, I never got into the riden' high thing. I had a trail rider that I used to take around that was just a 2 inch lift on 30's and that was alot of fun, but the 4.3 didn't have the torque for all out mudding. do you do anything with that or is it just 4sho? also, don't takes so personal, it makes you look stupid. Also, not to undermine your work, but it doesn't take much to lift an s-10. As long as you have donor front axle it goes together pretty nice with the right bolt on parts...
no bolt on parts, it was a weld on kit done with a skys off road cross member. its not for show, i do plenty with it. but i have nothing to prove to you. the fact is i built it and im member of s10 forum. i built it like 90% of the people on here did their truck.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #293
LQ4x4

http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/hydraul...roduct_id=hh01

rear brakes are super important, in any motorsport. the quicker you go, the quicker you're going to have to stop.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #294
It's shart week!

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaa.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #295

anyway, at least when he got rid of his rear brakes he plugged them right? hell, he could have just bent the lines over. You guys get really focused on the whole brakes thing not being safe and I agree its not the best, but for what the truck is doing it'll be fine.
I'll end your moronic post there, to ask: how exactly do you know what the truck will be doing?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #296

after 8 seconds of searching I found one....and few guys that admitted to torching springs, although that's not really important.

anyway, at least when he got rid of his rear brakes he plugged them right? hell, he could have just bent the lines over. You guys get really focused on the whole brakes thing not being safe and I agree its not the best, but for what the truck is doing it'll be fine. Hell, I'd rather be riding with no rear brakes then a skyjacked s-10. You think 30% (and realistically, its prolly closer to 15%) less braking is bad, wait till you have to slam on the brakes and make a quick turn in something thats too tall and too narrow

but no, i've never seen halo's for a 1st gen, but quite a few for 2nd gens. I've thought about putting HID's in my 2 first gens but I've been presently surprised with the light coming off the regular bulb. I might do it in the HS Blazer for kicks, HA!
alright, first off, I'm not the type to go after dumb people unless they're endangering others and this guy is unfortunately. if you say that not having rear brakes isn't IDEAL, you need to re-think what your idea of ideal is cause it's pretty far from the truth.

bought my first s10 with no rear brakes(didnt know till i had to stop), guess what, front tires locked up and i almost crashed into a car because of it. granted rear drums don't do much, but if you lose a line in the front, the rears will come in harder and stop the truck. there is a reason why single master cylinders are illegal on the road. you say we stop on having no rear brakes and get him for that. **** yes we are!!!! this is stupid to think you can get away with only front brakes. for what the truck is doing it'll be fine? it's driving ON THE ROAD with other people. even if I'm thousands of miles away from him, i still find this dumb. hell, if i was closer i think I'd go at his place and cut his front brake and fuel lines off just to make sure he can't drive it like that.

second, a skyjacked truck will not be driven bumper to bumper by any intelligent driver and the need to swerve should not happen. yes it is tippier than a lowered truck, it isn't meant to be good on road like a stock truck.

third, you say you ain't into high riding so you're into lowriders then. same people you try to hate on. is it just me or that's very funny? and telling people their truck makes them look stupid when no one has ever seen yours to be able to judge you? that's besides the point anyways as you don't need a vehicle to judge a person, you judge them by their attitudes and what comes out of their mouth, or their fingers in this instance. thruth be told, you don't look so good to be able to mouth off to anyone if you're protecting someone who has a truck that is dangerous to drive on the road and that DD it.

you say you're not into the high rider stuff and it shows. I have not seen a single SAS dime that was fully bolt on to do. there is welding required to get those spring perches on the axle and even if we don't count this, would you really trust your life on 2-4 bolts to hold your front crossmember?(nothing against the company, i just don't trust that) plus, how are you going to get the rear springs over the axle without welding? no one is making a rear bolt-on flip kit yet.

OP, if you don't drive it on the road with locked out rear brakes and trailer it, i don't give a damn. just don't put other people in danger like so many already stated. you never know when that extra 15-30% braking will be needed to prevent you from hitting a child and putting him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life cause you didn't have the cash to fix your truck and still drove it.

anyways, thanks for entertaining us and have fun reading all the other replies that will be similar to mine, except maybe shorter and more blunt.

edit: lol 4 posts between when I started and now.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #297

Its nice to see someone on here who put some thought into what they were saying.

You are correct, I don't know much about lifting a dime that high, I figured you would have to weld on some kinda perch in the least but thats still not to bad. I will also say I'm surprised I haven't started getting flamed in my build thread.

I wasn't meaning to hate on lowered trucks, I was more making fun of people who stopped there and thought they were know it alls. my trucks lowered, although its a bit more involved because its an awd truck (qa1 coilovers in the front instead of stock torsion bars) the difficulty is still nothing to right home about. I take pride in the other accomplishments I have had...

I remember my first s10, it had working brakes all around and I had that same thing happen with me, the front locked up once in traffic pretty easy it seemed and the rear didn't do anything. From that I kinda gathered the rears on some of these trucks really didn't do their job and you could get away with what he is doing. Also, he has mentioned what he is doing several times in the thread. I like the hydrolic rear brake being driven with a hand lever, I think it would be fun. The OP's truck isn't much quicker than a stock truck I'm afraid.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #298

Its nice to see someone on here who put some thought into what they were saying.
Something you should try doing.

You are correct, I don't know much about lifting a dime that high, ...
Nor much about many other things.

I wasn't meaning to hate on lowered trucks, I was more making fun of people who stopped there and thought they were know it alls....
Ironic.

BTW, you never answered post #295.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #299

Wow I like it a lot lol ( sounds like a bunch of kids fighting on a play ground
Ftw and have a good day

On a side note I wonder were the op is maybe in a body cast from wrecking due to brake fail?

Just a thought carry on gents
Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #300

Yep, i died, and killed a bajillion people while at it...

Brakes work great btw, no brake problems at all!

Now, proceed to wasting your time on a thread that no one cares about.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.