S-10 Forum banner

03 noma

17K views 194 replies 17 participants last post by  nfamus10 
#1 ·
Finally getting back to working on this thing. Little back story on truck. Bought it with less then 50k miles on it and stock, Lowered it initially 2/3 western chassis leafs with drop spindles, bout 6 months down the road added 3" blocks and 3" springs. This lasted about a year. Eventually I dropped the front another inch with 195/65r15 tires, and added set back plate with shims. This is how the truck sat for years. Then my wife and I bought a house, the truck would not make it up the driveway. This meant the truck was going to get the front bagged and keep rear how it is. This was almost 3 years ago. I decided I was going to get it finished this month and make it my dd again. As of today the front is bagged, 2 c-450s plumed in to a 5 gallon tank, auto water separator, 5 valves 4 3/8s for the ss7 bags and 1 1/2" for a tank drain. Wired a blazer hatch switch to work as the bag switch along with a toggle switch to turn power on and off to compressors. Truck is at a buddys house so we can finish floor modifications so I can run the 2001 leather eclipse seats I got (need recovered). The seats give me room for days above my head. Once floor is done (after getting welder fixed/new one, welder stays hot constantly.... Leads to horrible times), I will lay some sound deadener down then carpet. I am removing the sanden edc I was going to run to put ac back in it. This also means I going back to stock uppers and not the speedway ones I got. Running proforged tall lowers and proforged uppers. The proforged kit from suicidedoors.com is in route also. Have a cheap cai coming since I don't have the stock air shit anymore. On to some pictures

See less See more
#5 ·
Pictures of the rear suspension, I know I need a notch. Its in the plans
Jagsthatrun.com Blocks, setback plates, and shims.

Compressors quick mount, adding 2 more bolts, and a support bar along with rubber between compressor and mount

and more pics just to whore it out

tires a 195/65r15, either going to run 215/60r15 or 205/60r15, haven't decided yet

#11 ·
Didn't get anything done on truck last night, welder still messed up. It is getting dropped of today, then will get floor finished up.

Might hook this up

Modified hood stops to get more clearance (don't mind dirtiness, truck has been parked)

just the engine bay

Air gauge/switch/stubby/dash pad

gonna connect the stock air bag switch and run in the dash. I never turn it off anyways

gonna use fog light switch and connect envoy fogs.

need some new ones or recover

new toys, waiting on the rest to get here

#17 ·
So I actually got some work done on my truck, I went and picked it up from Grants (floors not done, will have to do this weekend). Got it to my house up and jack stands, tires all off and went to town, Looked up at clock and it was 11pm, which that's not bad. Until you figure I'm up at 4am. Got the oil drained, tranny drained (second time iv done it. Once at 50k now at 100k) Replaced wiper blades $3 bosh blades for the win. Drive belt replaced. Old one wasn't horrible but figured do all maintenance. Swapped in the corvette servo, Had it since 2013. Put on all the pro performance steering parts.

\

#19 ·
Somebody post up what year jeep grand cherokee box is a direct swap and has the quicker zq8 equivalent steering ratio. Looks like you had a productive night dude. Work has sucked but the check will be wicked. Rich and tired.

#20 ·
So I got a little more work done, swapped back to the stock control arms from speedway uppers, swapped the stock intake mani back on. Rewired the big 3, and added a shunt so I can run power wire in truck. Added all the ac components back on. Tried to install cai and it hits can and ac compressor. I might have to run the e-fan I had on it, so that I can get clearance. I didn't get a picture of all of it, but as they say thread is worthless with out pics, so here is the few I did get,

this is some wire I had that I compared to the knukonceptz wire, my wire was bigger so I used that, I will use the knukonceptz wire inside cab for amp.

#24 ·
No real big update, got my deck put in, led dome light in, diff oil in. I did drive the truck to work yesterday. Everything worked good, no leaks. This is the first time iv driven it on the highway in years. I forgot how slow the 2.2 is. My daily is a trailblazer so that straight 6 moves compared to the 4.

and just a shot at the miles, not too bad for 13 year old truck
Tonight I'm gonna get the front abs wiring fixed, it cut up. Just gonna do some soldering. Get the seats/belts buttoned up. Have to swap the eclipse seat belt buckle changed to the s10 one. My fatmat should be here today.

#26 ·
Well just finished up some work. Got the old speakers out, cleaned the floor,seam sealed floor and sprayed rubberized coating on welded in floor. Got my first layer of fatmat on the floor and 2-3 layers on the door. 2 layers on bottom of inside door and below mirror, then 1 layer on outside. I also ran 2 big pieces on big opening to try and help seal door up. Will finish fatmat tomorrow, along with get the sound foam down on floor