S-10 Forum banner

Updated pics of PSYKO1 (Tons of pics, no 56K)

15K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  Jokerluv 
#1 ·
Haven't posted a pic thread in a while, so lots of updates for you guys.

Dropped the truck some more about 2 weeks ago, now sitting at 4/5:

Also got a GM rollpan a few months back and relocated the tailgate handle. Still need to weld in the filler panel, but I'll probably wait and shave the tails at the same time:

Built a center console to hold my Clarion equalizer and my CB:

Uniden BCT-8 scanner mounted to the headliner:

Truck PC system:

Air system for my train horns:

Amp rack and sub:

Also installed my new tweeters this weekend:

Whatcha think?

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks, the tweeter position was a bit of a tradeoff, but seems to be working well. I was originally hoping to put them in the A-pillars to bring the imaging up, but it'd be too much of a pain in the ass with this particular set. The soundstage isn't bad with them in the doors tho.
drop looks good, love the rallyes
Thanks!
nice truck. add white walls to those rallies.
Not really a fan of the whitewall look (plus I kinda like the "beefy" look of the 255s in the back), but thanks!
good looking truck
where did you buy your rollpan you wouldnt happen to have a part number would you everytime i call the dealer they never know what im talking about
Thanks! I bought the rollpan used from a local forum member (my2ks10xtreme). I did a quick search and I think the part number should be 15958890.
nice truck
Thanks!

Whew, that's a lot of quotes :haha:

#9 ·
That looks awesome, reminds me almost exactly of my truck just before I got rid of it except for the 94-97 grill and tinted tails! I had clearance issues with my lowering blocks and 295/50's in the rear but I absolutely love the rallye look!

#10 ·
Wow that's crazy, they're almost twins! I have minor rubbing issues in the rear when I take hard corners (axle shifts and tires rub the frame and inside of the wheel tubs) with 7" rims and 255s. I can only imagine how bad it'd be with 295s :eek:

#11 ·
i think.... the truck exterior wise has come a long way from stock, but im sure you have plenty more plans for it.....
on the other hand im very impressed with your dediction to the work you have done. it shows in your wiring and installations..... very few people dedicate the extra time to clean up thier work how you have.....

looks like you know your shit:tup:

#13 ·
Small update, scored a pair of Sunfire buckets yesterday. Wasn't my first choice in seats, but huge improvement in comfort over stock, and definitely worth the $33 price (Pick-n-Pull was having a half off sale :D)

#15 ·
It's pretty basic, but it works quite well for what I use it for.

AMD Geode 1750 CPU (1.4GHz)
Biostar mATX motherboard
512MB DDR400 RAM
320GB Western Digital HDD
M2-ATX DC-DC power supply
T-View 7" touchscreen
AOC USB sound card
Deluo GPS receiver
USB bluetooth and wifi cards
TinyXP OS
Road Runner front end
iGuidance map software

#19 ·
Pretty quick, I'd guess maybe 15 seconds or so, but haven't ever timed it. By the time I back out of the garage and shut the garage door, it's up and running and music is playing. It's set to hibernate when the ignition is shut off, and only running 512mb of memory to speed up booting from hibernation. I also have any unnecessary services disabled.

#20 ·
Just a small update, no more seatbelt holder thingys :D:

Nicked the upholstery on the driver's side tho :rant: It's only about the size of a cigarette burn (You can kinda see the mark just below the outside headrest post on the driver's seat), but it's gonna annoy the hell out of me. Anyone know where I can get replacement upholstery for a decent price? I'd love to redo the seats in black vinyl. I'd do leather but the kits are expensive at around $500 and it's just not worth the expense right now. Or I might pick up this set of slip on covers: http://www.jcwhitney.com/COVERKING-...P_2006921_N_111+200728446+600015662_10101.jcw Just kinda unsure of the quality of those, I want it to look like it came that way from the factory, and not slide around when I get in and out of the truck, etc.

#22 ·
Looks great. Did you custom build the computer or find it somewhere already made. I am an amateur radio operator and have a jotto desk brand console in my truck with laptop mount and all my scanners and radio gear but want to build something seprate with touchscreen. thanks let me know.

#23 · (Edited)
I'm a ham too actually, KI6LWI here :) My first "truck PC" was actually a Dell laptop with a laptop stand bolted to the floor (Ah, the bad old days :haha:) The current truck PC was built from parts, but 90% of it is standard desktop gear. The only carPC specific parts are the power supply and touch screen. You can find a wealth of information over on www.mp3car.com. I'm using the M2-ATX power supply. It has a built in startup/shutdown controller that's triggered from the truck's ignition switch. It uses a relay to short the pins on the motherboard that would normally be connected to the power button. In Windows XP, I set the option to hibernate when the power button is pressed. When I start the truck, the power supply pulses the relay to simulate the power button being pressed, which makes the computer boot. When I turn the truck off, it pulses the relay again, which triggers Windows to hibernate. I also have the screen powered of the regulated 12v rail of the power supply, so the screen shuts off automatically when the PC powers down. The touch screen is pretty basic, it has a USB interface for the touch panel, which Windows recognizes as a mouse. Other than that, it's just like any other monitor. My advice is to get the nicest touch screen you can afford. I bought a cheap one off Ebay, and I'm not completely happy with it. It's sort of hard to read on sunny days, and this particular screen sometimes doesn't work properly, and I have to cycle power 2 or 3 times to get a usable picture. Just another case of "ya get what ya pay for". If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.

#26 ·
Nice truck PSYKO! I don't know if I've asked You before, but is that the Hurst shifter for our NV3500 trans? Does it give you any shorter/better shifts? Also, Is that the guage pacakage that came with Your truck? My 4.3/5 speed doesn't have a tach!

What brand tonneau are You running and is it worth it?

#28 ·
Thanks! Yes my truck has the NV3500 in it. Just had the trans rebuilt about a year ago and the damn thing sounds like it has rocks in it again :rant: so it'll get rebuilt again once it goes out. The Hurst shifter is great tho. Shortens up the throws a bit and puts the knob in a more natural position (to me), plus it looks a hell of a lot nicer than stock. My truck didn't come with a tach from the factory either, but it was an available factory option. I found a cluster from a 2.2/5spd truck on ebay and scored it for $10. Had to change a capacitor on the back side of the board in order to make the tach read correctly for the V6 engine (before the mod the tach read 50% too high). I also took the odometer reel out of my stock cluster so it still reads the correct mileage. Real easy mod tho, and even easier if you can find one from another 4.3/5spd.
is that the 98 and up bumper?
Yep :D Another easy mod, hardest part was adjusting it so it lined up right with the grille and fenders, but the whole swap was easily doable in an afternoon.

#30 ·
Actually the shifter came just after the rebuilt trans. When the first trans went out, I was in the process of moving from Texas to California. I was pulling a small cargo trailer and the trans let go in San Jon, NM going down I-40. I had to get a local shop to replace the trans since I didn't have any tools or any place to work on it. I had a Centerforce clutch shipped to the shop so they could put it in while the trans was out (the truck had about 127K on the stock clutch at the time). The retards at the shop didn't replace the slave cylinder so it went out about a month later. While I had the trans out AGAIN, I went ahead and ordered the Hurst shifter from Jeg's. Granted, you don't have to drop the trans to install the shifter (you can do the swap in less than an hour actually), but I figured since I had to do all that work for a stupid slave cylinder, I might as well buy myself a new toy to make it worthwhile :haha:

#31 ·
Right on man! I'm on my second Slave. Truck is at 153,3xx miles as of tonight. I got the last one done at an Ammaco (SP?). and it's still not completely right. Some days almost no travel, some days nice firm pedal. Can You take Your toe and lift the pedal and feel it kinda click when it comes all the way up?

Deffinitely gonna have to look into the shifter though. How much was the rebuild?

Your Truck wasn't an LS? I have a consolethat runs from under the dash, beteween the seats and has cup holders and a storage comp.

#32 ·
I used a Raybestos slave from Kragen, and it seems to be pretty solid. It included the throwout bearing with it (I had a $70 Centerforce throwout bearing sent with the clutch; the slave cylinder was $80 and came with a throwout bearing :rant:). Sounds like you may need to bleed your clutch. I was able to gravity bleed mine by just opening the bleeder valve and let the fluid run out till it was a steady stream. Make damn sure you don't let the reservoir run dry when you do this. The rebuild was way too much; about $1100 without the installation charge (after labor and all the other bullshit they charged me for, it ended up being about $2700 total. Way too much but when they have ya by the balls...) If you pull the trans yourself, you should be able to get the trans rebuilt for about $700 or so if you shop around. My truck is an LS, but originally had the 60/40 split bench so no console for me. I cut down the driver's seat to eliminate the middle seat and make room for my custom console, but eventually switched to a pair of seats from a 2 door Sunfire (huge improvement in comfort BTW).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.