S-10 Forum banner

My 02 bagged dark cherry s10

17K views 219 replies 30 participants last post by  tohoopty 
#1 ·
Just picked up myself another bagged truck, it's a 2002 s10 extended cab 3link in the back and all factory control arms and spring mounts up front (for now) it's only got 71xxx miles on it too and it came with like 10 years of maintenance history and its running black chrome boss 18s

My step daughter on the ride home with it lol

Before I got it

Our impala with it

Driving it home my girl taped some

Random driving pic

More video

My girls favorite shot

I'm looking for lcas and trailer fenders and to fix its issues like 3rd door handle and air gauges have to be reran with new tubing and a jump seat...

Well that's all I have tonight

See less See more
#2 ·
Well over the past few days I've discovered:
The wiring is a mess
The bags leak when I'm driving not parked
The previous owner neglected to install the cotter pin on the passenger outer tie rod causing castle nut to back out and get loose (fixed)
The spring cups have not been trimmed
It still has the factory carrier bearing crossmember
The compressors are too small and so is the tank
Sway bar is still installed but only has one end link
The 3rd door handle and upper latch rod were removed because the handle broke (aprox $8 at my local oreilly auto parts (fixed)
Low beam hids were wired to a full time ground not a switch ground now will not shut off (fixed)
High beam bulbs were not installed at all(fixed)
Front lower corner lights had no bulbs as well(fixed)
Previous owner just cut the lines to the evap can and its got a check engine because of it
E break don't stay down
And the gauges and gauge pod (universal dual pillar pod "molded" to factory pillar) are all jacked up

So I should be busy fixing all this list for a while

#5 ·
It's a pretty nice daily and a real head turner and it will turn more heads when I shave the tailgate 3rd break light hood pissers and antenna. Replace the control arms (thinking maybe mmw arms?) trim the spring pockets and rearrange the air management system

My plans are to put 2 tanks and 4 comps under the rear bed floor run the air line inside the notch or at least attached to it nicely. Redo all the interior plastics in body color red carpet and seat covers and fix the wiring for the Air management so it's not a rats nest

#7 ·
Just fix the mechanical issues, get it to hold air, and drive it. You have a nice truck now, dont eff it up like your previous endeavors.

There is nothing wrong with the size of the tank- it looks like a 7 gallon tank. And where the tank and valves and comps are now makes perfect sense for a daily. It is serviceable now.

#12 ·
bullshit it doesnt. But, looking at those pics, it may be a 5 gallon tank, not a 7 gallon tank. Your pressure switch might be down too low. I have 1 5gal on my truck, with no issues. Lots of people run 5 gallon tanks...

Do you have a pressure gauge for the tank?
You dont seem to have checkvalves on each wheel. Get those and it will help as well.

#200 ·
if the rear has problems laying its probably because your upper bag plate brace is mounted to low on the frame. cut it out and weld in a new piece of flat 1/4" (atleast) against the frame and then put in a new brace higher up. your bags prolly need more room to fully compress

#13 ·
That is a possibility but I know for a fact that with a fully charged tank I can air up the rear and the front about 2" and it's out and the compressors turn on.... Come on man it's my truck I would think I know if its airing up or not

#21 ·
air up the front first not the rear. front takes more pressure to lift due to weight. I have a 5 gal, edc and two 444's and with the tank full (@200 psi) it will lift the front end a couple times before i need more air..
And four electric comps?!?! Just get a York 209 or 210 off ebay, get a V belt clutch, fittings from Gauge and the bracket kit from SD and youll be filling a five gallon in 1:30 @2000 rpm
Wishbone looks to be on correctly seeing the zerk fittings are faced up. And some of those welds on your notch need some attention!!!!!!!!!

#22 ·
Def looks better than anything I've seen you do to date just as others have said, unless its broken, don't eff it up. And yes, you should be able to lift your truck with a 5 gallon tank. Also,how do you manage not being able to afford some basic components like tires that all match and non junk yard everything to being able to purchase that? Just curious on how that all works.

#31 ·
Just noticed this

All of my valves are grounded into the bodies of the valves I think I may have found my air leaks
thats exactly how i did mine and how most people do them. nothing wrong with that. just make sure all your screws are tight and dont over tighten them or youll damage the diaphram

edit: to find your leaks just get a spray bottle and fill it with soapy water with air in your system. spray all your valves and fittings and look for bubbling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.