S-10 Forum banner

1988 fullsize shortbed build(Bored at work)

8K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  2003Xtreme 
#1 ·
Well I am sitting at work bored out of my mind so I am going to make a thread on my fullsize I bought. why? because I can thats why. haha Anyways I got the truck about 2 weeks ago now. I traded this for it>

I had around 850 bucks in the 660 raptor.. so I didn't do too bad. here is the truck.. it is a 1988 c1500 reg. cab shortbed 2wd 350 auto.

First thing I did was swap out the wheels on it.. butt ugly.. haha guy I got it from traded me straight up for his progressive aluminum rims. anyways.. interior in it when I first seen it I thought.. what a pos, but it could be worse. anyways.. I will carry on!

new Rims
the truck is a few different colors so had to find time to at least spray bomb it :D. (going to be a beater so not looking for show quality)

under hood shot. I had to use a cheater pipe to change the plugs in it.. been neglected bad..

Still rocking the smog pump :D:D:D
Now came for some black..

as you can see from these pics.. it sits way too high in the air so a flip kit was in order..

As you all will notice.. cab and bed do not line up at all.. it is fixed now.. due to a bad body mount.
A few better pics I got of it one night while i was at work

Had to throw me a tach in it so I can watch my RPMs..

The gauge lights sucked so LEDs were needed too!>

thats about as far as I have gotten on it now. I did put drop spindles on the front, but no pics of it as of right now.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry it has been so long since I posted back in here.. yeah I always wanted a fullsize too. I still love my s10s, but I like the extra cab room this fullsize has. Don't have much else going on with it right now.. converted the grille over to the newer style, but kept my old quad beam

Plus added a tonneau cover I had laying around

I think regular cab shortbeds are getting harder to find anymore. Most of them seem to be longbeds or ext. cabs.

#6 ·
Yeah I cannot believe the guy wanted to trade straight up either on the wheels, but we did! Yeah alot of the silverados are the 4.3s.. this truck isnt in that great of shape, but it was worth it to me! newest pic I got

#9 ·
I looked for a while to get one.. luckily.. this guy was about 20 minutes from me! The only thing that I would have wanted over this was a 91-94 year.. instead of the 88-90. Can't have it all haha

#11 ·
Best part about it.. Was I gave 400 for the raptor originally.. If I wouldn't have spent some money on aftermarket parts then I probably could have got the truck alot cheaper. I am having hard time finding parts for it though. sucks.. lol

#16 ·
Yeah I am on there! haha! That is a very good informational site.. very mature people in there, but doesnt seem to be much going on there as far as members.. Not too many people on there really. I have been looking for some used lowering springs, but no luck..

#17 ·
Figured I might as well keep this thread updated.. finally got my notched installed on my fullsize

the back window was made out of nothing, but plexiglass so I had to buy me a new one:)

Had to get my limegreen harley decals made>

new rim/tire combo

drove to Belleville IL to pick up set of brand new 2" drop coils>

Once I got back decided that I will tint my tail lights.. here they are>

That is all I got for it right now.. haha

#19 ·
Everyone runs the composites so I doubt I will ever convert it to the composites, but you never know... here is what I did yesterday.. put my OOBS truck rallies on with some corvette rally center caps.

#20 ·
Nice. I also hate the stock rims that came on my truck. ITs the 16'' z71 wheels. Im trying to find 6 lug steelies in 16'', but hard to come by lol. been looking for 2 years now on Craigslist.

#21 ·
Yeah i am glad i do not have a 6 lug. That would suck.. I hate steel rims but this was the only way i could set up a rally look a like rim. I think rallys fit the era of these trucks so good.

#22 ·
Really? There are so many options for the 6x5.5 chevys as opposed to the 5x5. I love my 2wd 1991 fullsize stepside but up here in the northwest there is nothing available for wheels. I have 3 sets of the 6 lug rallys sitting in the shop i work at but have only been able to scrounge up a pair of rallys for my truck over the past 2 years.

#23 ·
That is very true.. haha I dunno what I was thinking.. I think I was thinking about how much I spent on new lugnuts at napa that I was glad I did not have a 6 lug because it was 4 more lugnuts that I did not want to buy! haha

#27 ·
Glad to see you payed attention to my thread.. haha I found some different ones because I figured a "free" set of aluminum wheels were worth more then a set of stock rallies. haha here are some more pictures.

Alot better pics here. I paid 80 bucks for the steel rallies :D

#29 ·
I agree. Granted there were not many color options back then that would look god with black and lime green. grey would have looked ok.. I thought about painting all the interior pieces black, BUT afraid it would turn out shitty... the red interior I have in there is MINT.. no cracked dash or anything. New seat and carpet and it will be like new basically. Just takes money to do all the things I wanna do.. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.