Ford 8.8 Corvette brake brackets - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Ford 8.8 Corvette brake brackets

Go Back   S-10 Forum > S10Forum Flea Market > For Sale > Parts
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
LSX Jimmy

User is: OffLine
Ford 8.8 Corvette brake brackets $75

I wanted to relist these for $75 shipped. The parking brake assemblies will not work with out some fab work. So, the brackets with bolts are up for sale $75 shipped in the US. Will bolt up c5-c6 regular, z55 or z06 calipers to a ford 8.8 rear. You might have to shim the caliper a bit to center it on the rotor. Thats why its a two piece design. I bought these from another forum member and didnt relize my axle has the bigger ford bolt pattern. These were also made by a forum member. Id like to sell quick!

one nut is MIA
Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
LSX Jimmy

Re: Ford 8.8 Corvette brake brackets

great deal on some custom brackets bump!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
LSX Jimmy

no interest?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #4

Im interested. Just need a little time to come up with spare $ - Im still only 1/2 way through paying off my transmission. In a couple weeks I'll have the $.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #5

Can you tell me - are these made to fit the calipers straight to them? Or will they need the stock brackets to link the calipers to them?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
LSX Jimmy

Quote: Originally Posted by JeremyCollins13
Can you tell me - are these made to fit the calipers straight to them? Or will they need the stock brackets to link the calipers to them?
these would bolt right to the axle housing, you'd have to remove the axles.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

alright, let me clarify my questions... i sense something is lost in translation.

1-why wouldnt these work for you in the first place? You mention a lug pattern issue as if it was to blame but based on design I dont see how thats possible. Were you trying to use these with a stock rear ens or a ford 9 perhaps? Just confused and I want to be 100% sure these will work for me so Im not throwing away any more money

2 - Do the Calipers attach directly to these adapter plates or do the stock Corvette caliper mounting brackets bridge the gap between caliper and these plates? I ask because the corvette brackets are another $190 on ebay right now so I need to know if those are needed so I can decide to go ahead with this swap or not. If youre unsure of any of these details could you direct me to the member who made these? Please and thanks, sorry for any inconvenience but these are necessary info items for me.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #8

alright, let me clarify my questions... i sense something is lost in translation.

1-why wouldnt these work for you in the first place? You mention a lug pattern issue as if it was to blame but based on design I dont see how thats possible. Were you trying to use these with a stock rear end or a ford 9 perhaps? Just confused and I want to be 100% sure these will work for me so Im not throwing away any more money

2 - Do the Calipers attach directly to these adapter plates or do the stock Corvette caliper mounting brackets bridge the gap between caliper and these plates? I ask because the corvette brackets are another $190 on ebay right now so I need to know if those are needed so I can decide to go ahead with this swap or not. If youre unsure of any of these details could you direct me to the member who made these? Please and thanks, sorry for any inconvenience but these are necessary info items for me.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
LSX Jimmy

1-why wouldnt these work for you in the first place? You mention a lug pattern issue as if it was to blame but based on design I dont see how thats possible. Were you trying to use these with a stock rear end or a ford 9 perhaps? Just confused and I want to be 100% sure these will work for me so Im not throwing away any more money

1-The axle housing ends have a few different bolt patterns. Mine has the BIG FORD NEW STYLE, the brackets have the 8.8" FORD. They are right next to each other on the picture.

You will need the abutments and calipers. The abutment mounts to the bracket.

As of right now, I dont know anyone who has put the vette brakes on the 8.8 I am going to a local laser cutter to have plates cut to fit mine and also use the ebrake gear I have.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #10

well Crap... mine has the BIG FORD NEW STYLE too. Damn, I was really hoping these would work.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
LSX Jimmy

well Crap... mine has the BIG FORD NEW STYLE too. Damn, I was really hoping these would work.
if you want, ill keep you in loop on the new brackets. I have to pay a minumum fee for the laser cutter so im sure ill have more then one set made.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #12

Please do and Thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
LSX Jimmy

do you want to use the vette ebrakes? If not, its pretty simple. I plan to use mine so that is whats taking the longest. I did take some more measurements and will be going to my local machine shop to price the prototype.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #14

it depends on how much that affects the cost. I dont use e-brakes now, nor have I ever but it would be nice to pass tech inspection if/when necessary... even though I dont think this truck will ever see another tech inspection. Whats the price difference? For me ultimately the answer is "I dont really care" but if its not going to be much more $ then Id like to get that feature.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #15

would these work with ls1 rear brake parts? I'm pretty sure the rotors and parts are the same, but not positive.
Thanks,
Kory
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #16
LSX Jimmy

no clue, just remembered I used the caliper bracket portion of these on my new bracket... These are off the market, no longer complete. Sorry
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #17

Quote: Originally Posted by moon509
no clue, just remembered I used the caliper bracket portion of these on my new bracket... These are off the market, no longer complete. Sorry
Is anyone else still making these? I'm very interested in getting my C6 brakes to work with the Ford 8.8 rear.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #18
LSX Jimmy

Quote: Originally Posted by psu goat
Is anyone else still making these? I'm very interested in getting my C6 brakes to work with the Ford 8.8 rear.
You can talk to Acehaag, he might make you a set. I have all the measurements if you want ebrakes. I dont think he has measurements, but he could cut them. I had a lot of people saying they wanted them but when it came time to get mine done no one expressed interest. Ended up making my set only.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #19
LSX Jimmy

I pm'd Acehaag to see if he is willing to take this on. I can email him the specs.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #20

I pm'd Acehaag to see if he is willing to take this on. I can email him the specs.
You're my s-series hero! lol
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
LSX Jimmy

sorry it took so long to reply. Sean said he could do it. I need to email him the templates and measurements
Old 04-21-2014, 12:41 AM   #22

sorry it took so long to reply. Sean said he could do it. I need to email him the templates and measurements
Sweet!

Do you think I would be able to just re-drill the Corvette rotors to the 5x4.5" Ford bolt pattern rather than re-drilling the axles and putting in new wheel studs?

I just ordered some Ford to GM wheel adapters just in case this didn't go through...worst case I'm out $50 I spent on amazon for the 1.25" adapters, and I used a gift card so it was basically free money anyway
Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #23
LSX Jimmy

the center bore of the rotor would not fit through the axle hat of the ford. Its about 80mm or so and the vette is 70.7mm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.