S-10 Forum banner

AIM Long travel Kit

4K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  89-S-Dime 
#1 ·
Picked this up this past summer and ended up going with a different kit.

This one includes beefed up control arms with ball joints, extended tie-rod sleeves, coil springs, and the rear flip kit.

What you see below is what I have.

Honestly, I paid $1000 plus shipping so that is what I am looking to get. This kit is HEAVY and is high quality. Just needs paint, and I would do the bushings while the arms are off.

extended sleeves

The springs are 2.5" v6 springs, but dont forget these numbers are for non-long travel lifts, so the lift amount may be lower because of the additional load it would see because of the 3" of additional outward stance.

[/QUOTE]

See less See more
#3 ·
PM sent.

And the flip kit takes the axle from on top of the spring and puts it below the spring. This gives you a 5-6" lift roughly. All bolt on.

#6 ·
There is a small one, just like factory control arms. Looking around and doing research, it was how AIM kits were and never had problems.

#9 ·
Well that is exactly what I thought too. Then asking a few of the long travel experts on dezert dimes, they said that is just how they made the aim kits. I know I had my own concerns, asked the exact same question, and found the answer. Just passing the knowledge on.

#10 ·
Talked with my neighbor about using his shipping account since I know that this is so heavy and would cost a good chunk of change. He said I could use it to get the discount.

That being said, I am willing to do $1000 shipped. Not willing to split anything up.

#11 ·
If I get a warm day within the next week or two, I'm gonna paint the arms. But anyway, ttt

#13 ·
Well I didn't have a chance to paint the kit. Getting ready to move and would really not want to move this too. $750 plus shipping. I will not go any lower than this and don't ask for $750 shipped unless you plan on meeting up with me near Cleveland, OH. Text me if you are serious at 440-242-5255

#17 ·
What you got to swap?

And yes it does provide additional travel over stock. I am not sure on the exact numbers at the moment.

#20 ·
Im curious how the upper arm are supposed to mount with no cross shaft?? Or am i missing something? The uppers seem like they would fit a stock 4wd frame but you cant use coil springs on the 4wd frame, coilovers yes.

Anyways, just curious is all. GLWS

#21 ·
The stock shaft will have to be used or buy a new shaft to install. And these are for a 2wd, but both control arms are longer to give the extra travel and offset. It uses the stock coil, sway bar, and shock locations.

#24 ·
I have the lower arms for this same kit for sale if anyone is interested let me know and I will post photos, shipping will $50.00-up depending on zip code, upper arms can purchased from Aim.

I want to get rid of them so i am willing to sell cheap!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.