S10 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

S10 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Sound and Security
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #1

Question S10 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for GM keyless entry remotes?

My Chevy dealer wants $129 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my trucks (99 LS, 01 Xtreme).
I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
2001 S-10 Crew Cab

User is: OffLine
Re: S10 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

They are expensive from the dealer! I paid $46.85 for one

You can program them yourself and save that rip-off - Programming Keyless Remote Transmitters
Old 10-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #3

Post Re: S10 Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other KR site I mentioned before wants about $65 a piece with shipping for the 99 S10 remote.

They're less than 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...productId=1063

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my 01 as well.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
carries a gun at work

try pming s10warehouse.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #5

I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today. 4 days isn't bad especially when one was a Sunday.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the Xtreme I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the LS and a pair for the Xtreme. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!
Old 10-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #6

2nd order came in today.

Programming was the same for both trucks, and I just had to program the 99 units together to synchronize them both.

Good deal.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #7

I got one for my 99 oof ebay for total of 12 bucks programmed it in a few minutes. It was a used but new looking remote.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:22 AM   #8

They were new on the site I bought from and factory GM, nothing aftermarket.

I can't get a link for when I search S10 on their site, so just go to their homepage and type it in the search menu:

Https://www.ThePartsYouNeed.com
Old 11-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #9

Can anyone tell me how to program the remotes for my 99 sonoma? I bought a pair of them off ebay, and they guy turned out to be full of crap. He told me to run a jumper wire between terninals 4 and 8 on my ecu port, and then do some other stuff. Well the problem is i dont have a metal pin in terminal 8 of my plug, so that wont work for me. I wrote him back about 30 times and he wont reply back cause he knows he screwed me over. Anyone know the right way to program these remotes. Ive had em for sometime now and still havent been able to program them. Thanks in advance. Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #10
2001 S-10 Crew Cab

Follow the link in my above post.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 AM   #11

Gotcha, I will try it out tomorrow and let you know what happens! Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
specializing in 98-up s10

I did this my self on my 2003 blazer programmed 3 remotes in less then a minute so here is my contribution for the month should work on most all gm's the remotes i used actually came out of a new monte carlo and worked just fine

simple dirrections

While holding the driver's side door "unlock", turn ignition on then off 3 times.

Locks should cycle lock and unlock.

After they cycle, hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the first key fob, hold for 20 seconds or so, or until the locks cycle again. Then hold the lock and unlock on the next key fob and so on.

After you have programmed the all the key fobs (up to 4) then turn the key to on for 10 seconds, off 10 seconds and give the fobs a try.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #13
DeXtreme on 20/22's

i think autozone is selling factory remotes now. try them. good luck
Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #14

AutoZone doesn't stock the remotes, they have to order them in, and in some cases they are MORE expensive than the dealer...which doesn't make much sense.

I checked with them a few months back for my aunt's Cadillac, and they said it was $129-179 for the 96 Deville Remote, and they don't provide programming so you "have to" go to the dealer.

Programming instructions were posted all over the net for those remotes, so that didn't make any sense.

That ThePartsYouNeed.com site seems to stock remotes and instructions for everything tho, and they helped me out nicely for my remotes.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #15

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! I was able to program my remotes today. Thank you all very much for the info and correct instructions. By the way, dont buy any remotes from "autopimp_usa" on ebay. He is full of crap. The remotes he sent me were both cracked, and 1 had the writing worn off the buttons, and took over 5 weeks to ship these pieces of junk. He advertised these as being in like new condition. Then to top it off his instructions were totally bogus. They didnt work, and then after i told him they wouldnt work he wouldnt reply to my e-mails anymore. Hes a terrible seller, just keep an eye out for him if you are buying remotes on ebay. Thanks again to those of you who posted the instructions. Chris

Last edited by GMC99; 11-12-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #16

Chris - Glad to hear you got it figured out, but I tried to warn about the ebay crap. I got NEW remotes in only a few days for $25 (same remote for the Sonoma) and they even gave me free shipping on my 2nd order. Quite the breath of fresh air compared to the ebay scammers.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...productId=1063
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #17
Blown ex ***

this thread is going to "security" . where it should have been in the first place.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 PM   #18
specializing in 98-up s10

for those people with 2 trucks/blazers you can also program one remote to work on both trucks as long as the remotes are with in the same year range . my friend has 2 2000 sonomas had them both working off one remote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #19

Hmm, I'll have to try that.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #20

hey does anyone know how to program the remotes for a 1994 s-10 blazer?? please reply or send me a PM i just found out my truck has a keyless entry but i didnt get the remotes when i bought it THANKS!!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #21

another think i would like to add to the remote is that i tried the steps above to reprogram the remote and got nothing to work so i took apart the remote and cleaned where the buttons touch the board thing(best i could come up with) and cleaned a bunch of black gunk off it and i also cleaned where the battery is held and after doing that the remote works fine so if you were like me try cleaning it i used a q-tip and wiped it clean

Last edited by s-dime-dreaming; 01-21-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #22

o i reread my post above and it shoudl say is another thing i think i would like to add
Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #23

S10warehouse says cycle the ignition three times, I was told to cycle the ignition two times. Which is it? Neither of the remotes on my 2001 S10 are working anymore even though I replaced the batteries and cleaned them up.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #24

Programming Instructions for 1995 S10
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #25

You need to ground the H port in the aldl connector, I'm pretty sure that's the letter, anyway I know it's the purple wire.

Ground it and you'll hear the receiver click, the hold down the lock button, it should lock the doors.

You're done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.