How to hook up alpine type r 10" sub....? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

How to hook up alpine type r 10" sub....?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Sound and Security
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2004, 01:02 AM   #1

User is: OffLine
How to hook up alpine type r 10" sub....?

I have my system all in but I dont know how to hook up my sub cause i have no directions with it! I have the type r in the alpine box and a mrd m300 amp....there are 4 hookups on the back of the sub box...do i cross them or just use two.....? there is + -, +- ...do i go first pos to second neg or both first and first? Please anyone who knows ..sorry can't explain it better..
Old 04-10-2004, 01:22 AM   #2
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!

Re: How to hook up alpine type r 10" sub....?

im guessing its the dual 4ohm type R i ahd the same exact setup at one time, sounded great. heres how you would wire it up.

Last edited by BiGB7184; 04-10-2004 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:23 AM   #3
MiniTruckin'

Okay well this is what i heard, u have dual voice coil right well if u do u hookup + to + then to the + on the box then the same for the -................thats what ive seen and heard
Old 04-10-2004, 01:40 AM   #4

THanks guys....i am gonna hook em up like that tomorrow....i had only one pos and neg hooked up..not both like that....thanks for the info....i thought it wasn't very loud...then again i didn't turn it up past 8 so as to not wake the parents......i'll let ya'll know how it sounds ...thanks again
Old 04-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #5

OK, i went this morning to hook it up right and I noticed that there are silver bars already connecting the terminals together, so i am assuming i just wire it direct to two posts and not all 4? Also, it doesn't really seem to be too loud, could it be because its in the 4dr jimmy and one 10 isn't enough for it? Or do i just need to figure out how to adjust the amp and HU so its louder or something? Also, my amp says its getting 14.8 14.9 volts when car is running, is that going to hurt the amp at all since it only needs 14.4? I know i am a total newbie,
Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
EpicenterDesigns.com

I am sorry I am not familiar with your amp. Could you give me some specs on it? Is it mono? 1-2 ohm mono stable?

When I know that I can help with the rest.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
rolling them ds

i have that exact same set up only 2 amps and 2 twelves but same stuff there were a few different ways that the instructions showed to hook up the dual voice coils one was the way in the above pic and another was hook i positive to one negitve and the other negitive to teh other potive and then hook to the amp. as for those amps they are a pain in the ass to get set up but once yuo do it u can unplug it and they wont loose what settings you had did u get instructions with the amps????? if not i can get u settings and sub codes to program
Old 04-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #8
do it....NOOOOWWW!!!

heres the instructiions for the sub, here

and the instructions for the amp, here

you need adobe acrobat reader to open them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.