has anyone put 3 12's an a single cab s10?? post pics plz - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

has anyone put 3 12's an a single cab s10?? post pics plz

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Sound and Security
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #1

Cool has anyone put 3 12's an a single cab s10?? post pics plz

I got an idea but i would like to kno if any one has done it already or if it can be done i want to put 3 12's in a single cab s10 i already have 2 but i wana put another if sumone already did it plz post sum pics thanx
Old 10-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Eric

User is: OffLine
Re: has anyone put 3 12's an a single cab s10?? post pics plz

It's going to be tight with the air space needed for them...

what are you looking to run?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
V going 4 door!

how tall are you? if you can give up alot of space by sliding the seat really far forward... then you can fit them. If your tall and dont want to loose space theres no way your gonna have enough airspace for all 3 subs behind the seat without doing a blowthru.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #4

I have done it personally but sorry I don't have any pictures. The rear wall is like 51" wide or so, it is close but can be done. Look at maybe Alpine Type-S woofers or maybe JL Audio woofers. Something that will do well in a smaller sealed enclosure.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #5

ok so right now am runing two kicker cvrs and i want to add the third and am like 5'9 or sum where around there way would that matter ? i already have sum subs in there its not like its gona move my seat and also i like to use sealed boxs so qustion does the air space matter much ok and thanks ill do some research thanks for every bodys replys and feed back
Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
Eric

Quote: Originally Posted by mannyx3
ok so right now am runing two kicker cvrs and i want to add the third and am like 5'9 or sum where around there way would that matter ? i already have sum subs in there its not like its gona move my seat and also i like to use sealed boxs so qustion does the air space matter much ok and thanks ill do some research thanks for every bodys replys and feed back

If I read that correctly...

Crutchfield suggest a minimum of 1 cu. ft per sub...so throwing another one back there you will be needing 3 cu. ft total...thats a tight squeeze in a regular cab...
Polyfill can compensate for some of the air loss...but don't quote me on that.

where are your amps mounted right now?...

And your height comes into question because it depends on where you can comfortably drive. You don't want to be biting your steering wheel...If I lose any clicks I'll have to drive indian style...

Last edited by Deja_Vu969; 10-15-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #7

ive also done it but dont have pics. 3 JL w7s and no leg room.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
Under development

I'm callin bs on having three w7's they is no way in he'll you have the correct airspace for those speakers to be effecient! I have two in my screw f150 an it gobbled up almost the whole rear. I need pics to see what "3" look like in a reg cab.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
V going 4 door!

yeah no shit.. never mind the incorrect air spacer requirements... but the depth of the subs alone with w7's would put you sitting on the dash board.

You guys that run these big boxes behind your seats must be really short! I sat in my buddies truck that lost an inch of space space behind him from the box and it drove me nuts, felt like the truck was trying to make me eat the steering wheel.

Last edited by 98layinframe; 10-16-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #10

Or jus do a blow-through?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote: Originally Posted by 98layinframe
yeah no shit.. never mind the incorrect air spacer requirements... but the depth of the subs alone with w7's would put you sitting on the dash board.

You guys that run these big boxes behind your seats must be really short! I sat in my buddies truck that lost an inch of space space behind him from the box and it drove me nuts, felt like the truck was trying to make me eat the steering wheel.

when i had my 15 it wasnt bad for me atleast. the driver side lost 1 click and passenger side lost 3 clicks. i am 6'2 200lbs. never had a problem driving stick at all in the daily.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #12

Well if am gona add a 3rd sub am gona need a bigger amp and i think that am gona place it right on top of the sub boxes where there is a long plastic thing u cant miss it if u have a single cab and am just gona screw it right there right now with the space i have with the two subs i got use to the space i have i think by adding another one wont realy make a diff but i wont kno until i have it done ???

Yeah and there is no way u can fit w7's have u seen how big those subs are with two u need the whole back of an suv to but an alright sounding box u maybe ment sumthing smaller???
Old 10-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
yellow s10 dude

well, a dude that was at one of the meca bass offs had 4 twelves in sealed box.....he hit a 143 i believe...he's on SMD forum.....
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...ream%2012&st=0

Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #14

heck guys, i have two 12 inch phoenix golds in an enclosure behind my seat and i still have a spot of my jack (but i took it out for my amp so i didnt have to mount it to the cab)!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
takin it easy

Quote: Originally Posted by mannyx3
Well if am gona add a 3rd sub am gona need a bigger amp and i think that am gona place it right on top of the sub boxes where there is a long plastic thing u cant miss it if u have a single cab and am just gona screw it right there right now with the space i have with the two subs i got use to the space i have i think by adding another one wont realy make a diff but i wont kno until i have it done ???

Yeah and there is no way u can fit w7's have u seen how big those subs are with two u need the whole back of an suv to but an alright sounding box u maybe ment sumthing smaller???
thats the thing..........he probably just had some bullshit box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.