Alarm and Remote Start Gurus.... - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

Alarm and Remote Start Gurus....

Go Back   S-10 Forum > General Tech > Sound and Security
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #1

Smile Alarm and Remote Start Gurus....

Hey,
I need a little bit of help from some of the Alarm and Remote Start Masters around this forum, I'd really appreciate it! Might even help other DIY'ers!

Ok, i am going to attempt to install an Autopage RS-727LCD Remote Start System and 2-Way Alarm, along with a GMBP BypassKit Module for Passlock 2 and 3. I am in no way a noobie to electronics (I am an electrical installer for UH-60 BlackHawks), but i am a noobie to car alarms! Vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Blazer with factory alarm.

OK, this is what ive worked on so far....

6-PIN CONNECTION:
Violet (Starter Output) - ? <--- Do Not Know
Red (+12v In) - Red (Ignition Harness)
Yellow (Ignition 1 Out) - Pink (Ignition Harness)
Pink (Ignition 2 Out) - White (Ignition Harness)
Brown (Heater/AC Out) - ? <---- Do Not Know

5-PIN CONNECTION
Red/White (Parking Light Relay Input) - N/A
White (Parking Light Relay Output) - Brown (Lt Blue Plug @ BCM)
Black (System Ground) - Chassis Ground Spot
Brown (+2A Siren Out) - Red (Siren Housing)
Red (System Power, +12v Constant) - Red (Igntion Harness)

20-PIN CONNECTION
Black/White ( (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input) - ? <------ Do Not Know
Pink ( (-) 200mA Programmable Output) - Lt Green (Purple Plug@BCM)
(Factory set as 2 Step Unlock or For Factory Security Disarm)
White ( (-) 200mA Dome Light Control Output) - Door Dome Light Triggers
Black/Green ( (-) 200mA Timer Control) - ? <----- Windows Maybe?
Gray ( (-) 200mA Channel 3 Out for Trunk Release)- Black (Purple Plug@BCM)
Brown/White ( (-) 200mA Horn Output) - Black (Steering Column)
Yellow ( (-) 200mA Ignition 3 Output) - ? <---- Do Not Know
(Ground Out is active for 4 seconds before unit start up, grounded while running)
Blue/Black ( (-) 200mA Accessory 2 Out) - ? <----- Do Not Know
(Ground when remote start activated, off when cranking, on with vehicle start-up)
Orange/White - (200mA Grounded Output when Disarmed) - ?
Orange - ( (-)200mA Ground Output when Armed) - ?
White/Violet (Positive Safety Shut Down Input) - ?
White/Black (Negative Safety Shut Down Input) - Hood Pin Switch
White/Red (Tachometer Signal) - ?
Violet (Positive Door Switch Input) - Not Sure
Green (Negative Door Switch Input) - Not Sure
White/Blue ( (-) Instant Start & Turn Off) - N/A
White/Green ( (-) Diesel Wait to Start) - N/A
Blue (Ground Instant Trigger Input) - ?

2-PIN CONNECTION
Grey/Black ( (-)200mA Second Starter Output) - ?
Brown/Black ( (-)200mA Ground Output When Running) - Bypass Module?

Bypass Module has:
Black (Ground) - Ground
Orange (12v Constant) - Red (Ignition Harness)
Brown ( (-) Ground Output to Remote Start) - Brown/Black Wire

Im not 100% on anything, and i would welcome advice and input on this... I would like to get everything straight before i try this...
ALL connections will be soldered and heat-shrunk....
Thanks !

Old 02-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #2

User is: OffLine
Re: Alarm and Remote Start Gurus....

Here is what i come up with:

6-PIN CONNECTION:
Violet (Starter Output) - ? <--- Do Not Know yellow wire at ignition switch
Brown (Heater/AC Out) - ? <---- Do Not Know orange wire at ign. switch

5-PIN CONNECTION

20-PIN CONNECTION
Black/White ( (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input) - ? <------ Do Not Know Ground this wire
White ( (-) 200mA Dome Light Control Output) - Door Dome Light Triggers incorrect, this turns the domelight on when you disarm the alarm. If you use your green wire with this at the same spot then your ok (on the domelight). If you hook your door trigger (green wire) to the bcm, then this will go to the white on the domelight.
Black/Green ( (-) 200mA Timer Control) - ? <----- Windows Maybe? yes this will work
Yellow ( (-) 200mA Ignition 3 Output) - ? <---- Do Not Know I usually use this for my bypass module, but you can use the other
(Ground Out is active for 4 seconds before unit start up, grounded while running)
Blue/Black ( (-) 200mA Accessory 2 Out) - ? <----- Do Not Know Not needed, unless you want to hook up to your brown accessory wire with a relay to energize the 2nd accy wire.
(Ground when remote start activated, off when cranking, on with vehicle start-up)
Orange/White - (200mA Grounded Output when Disarmed) - ? Not Needed
Orange - ( (-)200mA Ground Output when Armed) - ? Used for starter kill relay. This will provide a ground so when your alarm is armed and the starter kill relay is hooked up correctly, you cant start the truck.
White/Violet (Positive Safety Shut Down Input) - ? Positive side of your brake switch. In this truck there is also a white wire in the ignition harness that is your brake switch
White/Red (Tachometer Signal) - ? white at the coil
Violet (Positive Door Switch Input) - Not Sure not needed
Green (Negative Door Switch Input) - Not Sure you can go to the wires at the bcm, however i like to use the white at the domelight and set the alarm programming for domelight delay. (this is for the sensor when the door opens)
Blue (Ground Instant Trigger Input) - ? connect this together with your white/black for your hood pin. In the insctuction manual it shows how to do it with a diode. The white/black is only for the remote start, its not for the alarm part of the install.

2-PIN CONNECTION
Grey/Black ( (-)200mA Second Starter Output) - ? dont need, you dont have a second starter.

Bypass Module has:
Black (Ground) - Ground
Brown ( (-) Ground Output to Remote Start) - Brown/Black Wire I use the yellow ignition 3

with any of the not needed wires, tape them off so they can not touch anything.

Also keep in mind a good alarm install you will not be able to see the alarm components (meaning the brain, sensors) the antenna is ok to see.

Hope this will help.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by aaronajb1981
Here is what i come up with:

6-PIN CONNECTION:
Violet (Starter Output) - ? <--- Do Not Know yellow wire at ignition switch
Brown (Heater/AC Out) - ? <---- Do Not Know orange wire at ign. switch

5-PIN CONNECTION

20-PIN CONNECTION
Black/White ( (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input) - ? <------ Do Not Know Ground this wire
White ( (-) 200mA Dome Light Control Output) - Door Dome Light Triggers incorrect, this turns the domelight on when you disarm the alarm. If you use your green wire with this at the same spot then your ok (on the domelight). If you hook your door trigger (green wire) to the bcm, then this will go to the white on the domelight.
Black/Green ( (-) 200mA Timer Control) - ? <----- Windows Maybe? yes this will work
Yellow ( (-) 200mA Ignition 3 Output) - ? <---- Do Not Know I usually use this for my bypass module, but you can use the other
Blue/Black ( (-) 200mA Accessory 2 Out) - ? <----- Do Not Know Not needed, unless you want to hook up to your brown accessory wire with a relay to energize the 2nd accy wire.
Orange/White - (200mA Grounded Output when Disarmed) - ? Not Needed
Orange - ( (-)200mA Ground Output when Armed) - ? Used for starter kill relay. This will provide a ground so when your alarm is armed and the starter kill relay is hooked up correctly, you cant start the truck.
White/Violet (Positive Safety Shut Down Input) - ? Positive side of your brake switch. In this truck there is also a white wire in the ignition harness that is your brake switch
White/Red (Tachometer Signal) - ? white at the coil
Violet (Positive Door Switch Input) - Not Sure not needed
Green (Negative Door Switch Input) - Not Sure you can go to the wires at the bcm, however i like to use the white at the domelight and set the alarm programming for domelight delay. (this is for the sensor when the door opens)
Blue (Ground Instant Trigger Input) - ? connect this together with your white/black for your hood pin. In the insctuction manual it shows how to do it with a diode. The white/black is only for the remote start, its not for the alarm part of the install.

2-PIN CONNECTION
Grey/Black ( (-)200mA Second Starter Output) - ? dont need, you dont have a second starter.

Bypass Module has:
Black (Ground) - Ground
Brown ( (-) Ground Output to Remote Start) - Brown/Black Wire I use the yellow ignition 3

with any of the not needed wires, tape them off so they can not touch anything.

Also keep in mind a good alarm install you will not be able to see the alarm components (meaning the brain, sensors) the antenna is ok to see.

Hope this will help.
red white at 5 pin is the input if you want neg pl ground it, for 12 pl put 12 to it.
black and white neutaral saftey, either ground or hook up to wire that goes to ground at gear lever

thats all ive read too so far too tired other than that 2nd poster looks pretty on
Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #4

Wow, thanks alot man! You have been a big help!
One last thing though. Where is the door lock/unlock going to hook up? If i use the factory 2 step unlock (Pink on the 20-Pin) where would i put the factory alarm disable? How would i be able to wire my windows to that accesory out? Will they just be able to go up, or down? or both? How would i set up that starter kill relay?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #5

You cant do both with that alarm 2nd unlock, and dis-arm.

I personally would only do the normal locks. meaning they unlock all the doors at once. to do the 2nd step unlock you need to wire a relay directly in your drivers door to that motor. the unlock wire on the lock harness would go to that relay, and the 2nd unlock goes to the normal unlock that your tech sheet tells you to go to. Also if your truck truely has a fac. alarm (modt didnt) the pink is the ONLY one you can use. There should be a 3 pin, 2 wire harness that has your normal locks in it.

you will need a "window module" to do your windows. you cant just wire it directly to that wire.

as for your starter kill, it has a pictorial diagram on page 14 of the install manual.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #6

So if i go Pink wire to the Lt Green on the Purple Plug @ the BCM it will work as both?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #7

no take your pink and go to the dis-arm wire at the bcm and program your alarm for "disarm"

Take your door lock harness and connect them to the respective wire at the bcm.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #8

sry to brg up an old thread but i have a question on remote start

for the tach wire i know that it needs to be connected to the white wire on the coil but is there any way to connect this from inside the truck through the bcm or anything? also the two wires on my coil are pink and white/black. is the white/black the correct one.

also my alarm says it requires a hood pin switch for the remote start and its a negative instant trigger. any way to bypass this or ?

would like to finish this before daylight is gone. any suggestions plz?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
DMP

Quote: Originally Posted by immexicansostfu
sry to brg up an old thread but i have a question on remote start

for the tach wire i know that it needs to be connected to the white wire on the coil but is there any way to connect this from inside the truck through the bcm or anything? also the two wires on my coil are pink and white/black. is the white/black the correct one.

also my alarm says it requires a hood pin switch for the remote start and its a negative instant trigger. any way to bypass this or ?

would like to finish this before daylight is gone. any suggestions plz?
I think you can grab the tach wire from the cluster harness. Not sure what color it would be, but if you hook up a meter to it, you should find the right one if its there. Use a meter to find the correct tach wire or any wire honestly. Dont just guess!

Hood pin switch? You dont need to hook them up, but you can if you want. You would need to install the pin switch to make it work tho.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #10

So I don't need to hook it up but I need it to work?

It says I need it for remote start. I just wanna bypass it
Old 05-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
DMP

What kind of remote start?

The ones ive installed which is anything by DEI, Code Alarm, Audiovox, Omega.....they never needed a hood pin switch installed. Dont hook up anything to it....just leave it alone. The hood pin switch is for safety reasons. Say if you have the engine running and pop the hood...it will shut the engine off.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #12

Ok thanx I'll try it out.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #13

its a crime guard 830i.

the truck starts and everything seems to be workign right except for remote start. the hood pin switch says its required for me to access remote start. can i just ground this wire and maybe itll fix my problem?

i also though it could of been because i havent tach learned it yet either. but i cant access this feature because im guessing im having trouble finding the positive brake signal wire. i tap'd into the white wire and the brake switch on the pedal(i have 2 white wires on the brake switch and tried both of them). when i press the brake pedal 5 times nothing happens.???
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #14
DMP

Ive installed those remote starters too. Ive tried installing them without hooking up and programming the tach. They wouldnt seem to start with just relying on voltage sense. So ive always hooked up the tach with Omega remote starters. Anyways, if its not starting....then my guess is that you dont have the tach programmed correctly. Make sure you have the right brake switch wire or its not gonna work at all.

What did you do with the neutral safety switch wire? I usually just ground it. That could be another problem.

The hood pin has nothing to do with your problems. Also, im not sure what year truck you have. If its a newer one, you gotta deal with the Passlock.

Last edited by DMP; 05-08-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #15

Yea I think it's the pass lock Cuz I have an 02 and I gotta figure out how to bypass that. My safety switch wire is grounded so that not a problem. I still need to fond the correct + brake wire.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #16

You can bypass the Passlock by finding two wires that come off of the key cylinder. One wire is yellow, the other is orange/black.

What you do is cut the yellow wire and connect the positive probe from your DMM to the key side of the wire. Then connect the negative probe
from your DMM to the orange/black wire. Set your DMM to measure resistance or ohms.

Next, put the key in the ignition and "bump" it forward, just enough to get the ignition chime but not enough to start the motor. Your DMM will register a resistance reading.

Now you will need to get some resistors to match this reading. Then wire the resistors between the vehicle side of the yellow wire and the orange/black wire. Tape off the key side of the yellow wire and your done.

The only draw back to this is someone can break the ignition to start the
truck now.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #17

i tried that. it wouldnt start. i read 1.87k and got resistors to exactly that much and placed it in between. i let it reset for 10 mins like twice and still wouldnt start at all. already ordered a module anyways. just figuring out the dooors now is all. thanx for the help though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.