S-10 Forum banner

switching doors

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Mostizzle 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to switch my 1994 s10 pickup non electrical doors to the newer style with electric doors I've done the front end swap already and was wondering if it's possible. And would it be worth the time/ money cuz I want to get them in leather. I'd I can't find them in leather I'll just get them redone

#2 ·
Doors or Door panels? Doors can be swappped. Door panels from newer truck will not work in your '94. If you want leather door panels for your '94. Find a '96-97 Jimmy with leather interior, these door panels will fit and work correctly.

#4 ·
No, door panels from 94-97 are the same. And your in luck, find a 94 with power doors and get the wiring from under dash from one side to the other. It just all plugs in, I have everything to do this to mine, just haven't done it yet.

Just realized you wanted to go to the newer doors, still samething get your doors and wire them in.

#9 ·
Looks like the same as my '96, so I'd take a stab and say all 94-97 are the same.

And 94-97 should be all plug and play for power windows since they don't have a separate BCM that would need to be flashed to add support for them. That's why most guys grab wiring harnesses from 95-97 Blazers with PW/PL if they have a 98+ truck, so they don't have to modify the BCM.

There are a couple write-ups here already on how to add it all in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.