custom interior questions 96 s10 zr2 - S-10 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaotikvet82

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

custom interior questions 96 s10 zr2

Hello all. i had a few questions for everyone and i am hoping that someone will know a more definitive answer. I am looking to customize my interior, including dash, seats, center console. Does anyone know what type of seats and center console that will fit into a 96 s10 with center console, i am liking the newer style chevy style tahoe or suburban seats and console but dont know if they will fit width wise as i am assuming the tahoe is going to be wider but wanted to see if anyone can give me a better answer. i also like the seat/consolse setup from an 02 bravada. could those work. also does anyone know if a complete dash will work from a 02 bravada in a 96 s10, i believe they are the same width but the wiring/ vent locations is what is concerning me, also like the dash from a 99 or newer blazer. if anyone can give me any ideas on if i am able to use a different dash and different seat/ console setup i would appreciate it. the seats dont have to be bolt on, i can reuse my sliders from the s10 for the new seats to work. However the dash would have to be direct bolt on with using the instrument cluster from the new dash and all accessories that come with the new dash such as headlight switch, etc.

MY_LIL_S10 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 11:49 AM

Re: custom interior questions 96 s10 zr2

There was a major overhaul of the interior in 98. The dash would physically fit from the 99 or 02 with some minor mods, but wiring will be a project. I'd forget about the full size interior components. Just too fat.
The seat from the 02 would work with minor mods.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/gtsear...ravada%20seats
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM
I don't feel tardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeerslayer View Post
There was a major overhaul of the interior in 98. The dash would physically fit from the 99 or 02 with some minor mods, but wiring will be a project.
yes, the 98+ trucks and SUV use a PCM and a BCM, a body control computer that works on a bused electrical system. the 96 is a distributed (point to point) architecture. there is no way to make the 02 electronics work on the 96 without a complete harness change including the engine harness, there are just too many components that are made to work together. this goes for the the steering column and switches too.

my 41 chevy S10 swap 4.3 auto Fenixhttp://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/19...on-s10-789361/
my embarrassing 2.2l 5 spd 1965 fullsize S10w Ride http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/frankendime-458726/
my 49 chevy s10 swap 4.3 auto http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f30/49.../#post10592042

post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
B4U Task Force

You can use any of the s series seats. It might require drilling/tapping a couple of holes..no big deal. Same for the center consoles including the floor shift console. There are stickies on both installs. I used Leather seats from an '00 Bravada...nice and comfy...and heated.

U.S.C.G. "So others may live"

Apple Red 96 SS
post #5 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

I was kinda thinking that the bravadas will work on center console. Im wondering if the bravada floor shift center console will sit the same height or will sit higher up. How did you hook up the heated seats. If i go bravada seats i would like to find black leather heated seats if possible.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-20-2017, 04:33 PM
B4U Task Force

Console is same height. Check out the interior stickies for floor shift and seat wiring...it's all there.

U.S.C.G. "So others may live"

Apple Red 96 SS
post #7 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikvet82 View Post
If i go bravada seats i would like to find black leather heated seats if possible.
When you find them, buy 2 sets. I'll buy the other from you. there's none around here any more.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Hardhead

This isn't a good swap. Check out this link, http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f137/9...emovel-568058/ , it will answer your questions. The seats will work with minor mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page