lift spindles and LS1 brakes - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

lift spindles and LS1 brakes

I hoping someone here has ran into same issue before.

I got all my parts together and ran into some major fitment issues.

Lift Spindle

Caliper abutment mounting bracket

new hubs with extended studs

with new pads and rotors. had them sandblasted and repainted. I go to mock up assembly and first notice some extra trimming will be needed because of the higher spindle shaft. I can work around that, but the bracket for the caliper brackets issuppose to be drilled and tapped out of the two outer dust shield holes. One of which is nearly mm's from the edge of the spindle.. Not going to happen.

Played around with trying to find other mounting locations to tap into but feel im going to run into alot of trouble with keeping everything inline.

Figured someone HOPEFULLY has a solution for this.

Went along these guidelines for the install how the f s and g body share the same spindes.

Brakes are off a 98-02 camaro/fire bird

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Re: lift spindles and LS1 brakes

actual pics of what you are working with would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96blazer View Post
Your brother drives a Sunfire. Is he gay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _juice_ View Post
The "dog" lol, that's my buddy 'Jerry with a G' there's another one behind him at the back of the car, that's 'pickles' thems my attack goats.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Re: lift spindles and LS1 brakes

side by side of old and new spindle and the bracket used to mount.

the "ears" aka origional caliper mounting get cut off so the bracket can be mounted and have clearance with the bigger caliper

the two outer holes on the bracket go to the 2 dust shield mounting locations that get drilled and tapped. notice the one on the lift spindle is right at the edge and would not be able to be tapped. even if I could still that location with only that much metal was not designed to be load bearing.

backside of the lift spindle. the larger holes are the origional caliper mounts and the smaller/further apart holes lower are whrer the bracket would be mounted

caliper and bracket mocked up to see clearance

like i said i played around with a few ideas of where else i could drill and tap with just putting the caliper clocked at a different angle, but im afraid im going to have issues once I load the caliper around the rotor and it not fit right or at all. the amount of room for error on that is very minimal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page