proportioning valve? - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

proportioning valve?

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Liftin' It > 4wd SFA
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #1

User is: OffLine
proportioning valve?

ok I'm still running my stock Brake proportioning valve, with the ABS still hooked up.... got the front end ripped apart and ditching the ABS unit, no need for it...

question i have is, the stock valve won't work unless I t the front brakes together.
I don't wanna do this, due to the front being the Duel pistions from a 76 F250 D44
and the rear are now disk as well

so in need of a proportioning valve with 2 inputs and 3 Out puts(2 front-1 rear)... andy ideas?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #2

Re: proportioning valve?

I dont think Its gonne matter I have a my stock matser and prop valve. The front brakes go to the frame and splite into a T the rear goes to the rear diff and splits into a T and I am doing a dual piston upgrade and I'm not expecting any problems. Not even thinking of running two front lines from the proportioning valve. I dont think its gonna take that much more fluid to operate the dual piston calipers compared to the sotck calipers. I might be wrong but I don't know. I will be able to say more after I start driving it again, more then a couple of blocks.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #3

well with having ABS, each front ran straight to the box, might just T them.. but will check out a 70's ford 4x.. I do know they have a 2/3 combo valve..... but was hoping for one that handled rear disk as well.....
Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #4

check classic chevy out. they are more for 55-57 chevys but i know they have a few different options for brake upgrades.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #5

on my 95 and 96 blazer and s10 the abs Has 2 lines running in and 3 out. the prop valve has 2in/2out. what year is you truck. Im interested now. how bout a pic?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by contact420
on my 95 and 96 blazer and s10 the abs Has 2 lines running in and 3 out. the prop valve has 2in/2out. what year is you truck. Im interested now. how bout a pic?

sounds as if ours are the same.(stock) in the next week I'll hit up a local junk yard @ some full size rigs, but belive the F250 4x is the one I'm looking for 2in/3 out
Old 08-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #7

if you find one with 2 in 3 out let me know and post a pic I might swap oto it since I am putting dual piston calipers on my truck. Not an F250 D44 but dual piston from a WJ.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #8

heres the one i got.... outta a 3/4tons Suburban 80's model (located on front cross member/by bottom of the fan)

Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #9

User is: Online

Let us know how it works out. I am currently just using a tee set up for the front brakes and don't have too many issues.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #10

I snached up one of those from the junk yard also!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #11

When I put in the MC from the Suburban, I just tee'd the lines because they had drum brakes in the rear, so I knew there would be no issue. With disk brakes like you have, I'd just check around for some small aftermarket valves and go from there.

I can't seem to remember much of what folks have been running, although oddly enough I do remember a Corvette valve being used at some point (probably for massive tires).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.