z85 Suspension Package - S-10 Forum
S-10 Forum is the resource on GM S-series trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim

z85 Suspension Package

Go Back   S-10 Forum > Suspension Tech > Liftin' It > 2wd
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

User is: OffLine
z85 Suspension Package

Sooo...... ya funny story. I have 5664's stock in my blazer. not so funny when i have the front end ripped apart and im comparing the stock spring and 5664 and realizing the stock spring is actually slighty bigger. so now i have 4 31" yokohama geolanders sitting in my closet. All i wanna know is will the 2" lift springs off of ebay lift my truck more than the 5664, its not that bad changing the 5664 springs, now that ive done it once and i can use my uncles impact gun, its all good.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Electrical Mod

Re: z85 Suspension Package

Wait, are you sure it's 5664's, I thought they only put 5662's in the s-series.

With that said, the lift springs could be longer, a different material, etc. Which would cause more lift, plus they aren't worn or settled yet.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

Yes im sure its the same as a 5664 I now have one of the 5664's in my passenger side and my truck sits perfectly level from side to side in the front with the stock one in the drivers side
Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #4

For some reason I thought the Z85 package only had stiffer springs in the back?

My 99 S10 has the Z85 and it has some rake to it because of the stiffer rear springs and if it had 5664s stock up front wouldnt mine sit more level?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Electrical Mod

http://101part.com/coilsprings/Chevy...S10-Pickup.htm
Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #6
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

stock spring on left moog 5664 on right, I ordered some canuck 2" lift springs so imma see what they give me.
Attached Thumbnails
z85 Suspension Package-phpzzl8jyam.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #7

I was woundering about this the other day, I have a 95 2dr thats got the Z85 package on it.

let us know if those springs work out
Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

ohhh canadaaaaaaaa your shipping ****ing blowssssssssss
ohhh canadaaaaaa your shipping blows seriouslyyyyyyyy
so i got the springs after two weeks i dont think purolator owns airplane

springs look great i was expecting the gun metal grey but i got the red, the wire diameter is def thicker then the stock spring they make the 5664 look like a 5660. But two bad things the top and bottom arent marked, and the coil doesnt come around and end at the same spot as the stock ones. So I thought it was so important to get the end of the spring on the bottom between the two holes on the lca because that would position the top of the spring to seat correctly in the upper spring pocket. so should i line up the end of the spring wires with the two holes on the lca like the stock one and have the end of the spring on top be in a different place or should i figure out where the end the of the stock spring was in the upper pocket and try to line that up but in that case the end of the spring at the bottom is gonna be knowwhere close to the two holes on the lca. you get all that?
Attached Thumbnails
z85 Suspension Package-phppvhuojpm.jpg   z85 Suspension Package-phporctuzpm.jpg   z85 Suspension Package-phpxzd7zcpm.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 AM   #9
Zr2.2

Line it up on the control arm. There is nothing to line up up in the frame.

I just happen to be doing a straight axle conversion on a 2wd s10, here's what it looks like up in the frame. The part that looks like it is recessed for the end of the coil, looks to only be there so that the coil sits flat in the curves of the frame. I'd line up the bottom and call it good, that what I did with my moogs and now my fabtech coils, never had a problem.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

thank you sir, ya when i put it in the right spot on the lca (between the two holes) it seems to seat correctly in the upper pocket, thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #11
LadiesLoveAGuyInABowtie

ya so to basically end this thread the canuck 2" springs maybe lifted my front end a half inch more like a quarter inch, for all the labor it was NOT worth it, i cant tell you how frustrating it is to twice install new springs and twice let it down off the jack and watch it settle to stock. However the 2" springs do have great ride, the 5664's were too bouncy and soft, but i also discovered the brake line ends on my dual piston calipers are square with nothing surrounding them meaning i dont think im gonna have to grind anything to fit steel braided lines, BONUS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.