What should I do?! - S-10 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

What should I do?!

Hey s10 forumers! I have decided I'm going to lift my truck instead of my original plan to make it into a street truck. My question is how I should go about lifting it.

I have been looking at two different lifts the first being a 2in Rough Country suspension lift. The second a 3in front spindle and 2in rear shackle lift. I don't know which one would work best. I was leaning the suspension lift just because my truck is at about 115000 miles which means my Springs and absorbers also have 115000 miles on them and replacing them could be beneficial. I also assumed the quality of the springs and absorbers will be better from Rough Country then the stock ones on my truck. On the other hand though the shackle and spindle kit is cheaper and raises the front an extra inch and I do enjoy a prerunner look.

I have one final question if anybody has ever done one of these lifts do you know how big of a tire I can go? I'm hoping to fit 30x9.5s down there maybe 30x10.5s with spacers. Thanks for anybody who made it this far and any and all help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

One last thing. If I were to do both the spindle/shackle lift and the suspension lift will I in turn have lifted my front end 5in and rear 4in?
post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 11:33 AM

Re: What should I do?!

Year, model, etc. please.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

It's a 1997 s10 4cyl extended cab stepside. I want something that can get me to the fishing and camping spots I enjoy but I'm not going to go out rock crawling in my 4cyl 2 wheel drive! xD
post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 AM

Re: What should I do?!

I have the lift spindles and springs up front and shackles in the rear. There is a slight tilt issue but an add-a-leaf will solve that issue. The 2 inch rough country springs are super stiff and they ride like ass. I am running a 265/70R16 on the zq8 16x8 wheels and I have very little rubbing (no spacers). I think a 31x10.50R15 would be just fine on the stock 15x7 wheel. Hope some of this helps out. BTW my truck is a 2000 ext cab 4.3
post #6 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmett2455 View Post
I have the lift spindles and springs up front and shackles in the rear. There is a slight tilt issue but an add-a-leaf will solve that issue. The 2 inch rough country springs are super stiff and they ride like ass. I am running a 265/70R16 on the zq8 16x8 wheels and I have very little rubbing (no spacers). I think a 31x10.50R15 would be just fine on the stock 15x7 wheel. Hope some of this helps out. BTW my truck is a 2000 ext cab 4.3
Thanks for the reply. I had read the rough country is stiff after I posted this abs think I'm going to shackle and spindle lift it until I saved enough cash to put better suspension and will probably sick with 30x9.5s until then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the S-10 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page